[AAR] NoP Hyperkittens 20Jan 2018

Kristopheros Seraphiel
Title: Fittings staff, FCC staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[AAR] NoP Hyperkittens 20Jan 2018

Post by Kristopheros Seraphiel »

Hey all! Rough night to take out T1 Frigates. Had a smallish fleet. We undocked 8 from the 11 in fleet with some coming and leaving mid fleet. The largest we had at some point was 9 (5 Tristans). The other contributing factor was the number of T2 Frigate (Hawks) and other fleets roaming around looking for fights. We did a good bit of running and even got caught once. It was a newbro friendly fleet in Hyperkittens and we got some good teaching and training opportunities on the roam.

Roam members (11)
Spoiler
Kristopheros Seraphiel
LECAGO
Loth Lorien
Phyrizz
Rasterous
Sontaro Thellere
Tau Hopper
Toma Heleneto
Union Pivo
Vrix Torqueo
Zerubabel Contemplator

Kills and Losses
(12:19:23) Dastryns
Coercer +2.43m

This kill was a nice first catch within the first 5 minutes of the roam. I thought it was a good omen. It was not however.

(12:32:45) Renarelle
Tristan -10.49m
Atron -3.86m

Attempted to get a hauler on a gate. I was too busy doing FC things to align in time due to gate guns. Biggest lesson is don't shoot first as the FC. That way you can stay on grid if the guns start going. We missed the kill as well.

(12:56:11) Nennamaila
Punisher +15.46m
Atron -6.7m

My scouts were able to take down a Punisher in a plex. We had some over eager DPS preventing the rest of the fleet from getting the kill. Good learning experience for how to pull drone DPS and setting drones to passive. Even these times are good learning experiences.

(13:10:53) Akidagi
Atron -3.66m
Merlin -6.26m
Algos +20.61m

This fight was pretty good. My scouts landed and applied first and second point. As the first one went down, I landed on grid and reachieved secondary tackle. At that point it was just getting the rest of the fleet on grid and applying DPS to take him down. We got him for a good isk margin.

(13:28:09) Hikkoken
Burst -6.96m
Tristan -2.06m
Tristan -9.99m

This was when the Hawk fleet caught us. My scout saw them in system and knowing the region, I knew they would come in and try to get us. I had the fleet jump and attempted to get them to a small plex before they landed on our in gate. We were a little too slow and they saw our fleet comp right before we warped. While trying to get to my safe to warp the fleet, the Hawk fleet landed on the small acceleration gate and started locking up my fleet. I gave the order for them to warp to me and lost 3 members.

In hindsight, I should have fleet warped us all to the safe, but made a mistake in how my hotkeys were set up. Next time, I will make sure I am adequately prepared for the roam.

Finally, we almost made another mistake against a Waffles fleet. A lone flashy Garmer was sitting at 5km from a gate when we landed. Seeing a golden opportunity to lock up a Garmer and keep him at range, I called for the fleet to attack. He was in fact buffer tanked and crashed the gate. Then, two Waffles Omen jumped through the gate while we had 30 seconds left on the weapons timer. My scout in the out system also reported additional Waffles flashies on the other side of the gate. I had my fleet crash the gate, orbit at 500, and jump through when the weapons timers hit zero. No losses yet. Then I had them hold gate cloak while I looked at the fleet comp (Proteus, Omen, and Huginn). I then fleet warped us to a Novice and had the fleet slide the gate. Luckly, the align time for the Tristan prevented them locking and tackling us. Barely escaped, but we did.

Overall good learning fleet. Unfortunately we came out isk negative, but it gave the fleet some valuable learning experiences.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 38,495,990.84
ISK Lost: 49,984,245.88
ISK Delta: -11,488,255.04
Efficiency: 43.508%
Fleet Commander/Teacher/Fittings Staff
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage