Thorne Ishirai
Toma Heleneto scout
Tye Etch
Union Pivo anchor
Yaella Charante
Z0X Ambrye
Zeon Alabel scout
fengor Agittain
I did did not expect to take this out as Sketchey was stuck in wh fighting but i did my best.
Kills and Losses
(22:04:06) Ostingele
Panther +1648.64m
Ran across a fleet fighting a Panther they asked us to help we engaged
said panther got away while we scattered to prevent getting killed by other fleet panther and fleet landed on me at planet 1 I warped off but called fleet to planet 1 and to engage panther only. I warped back we anchored on union and finished helping other fleet kill panther. Called scatter scatter and ran. ( never trust other fleet )
voltage chased us to Ichoriya V - Caldari Navy Logistic Support

(22:35:14) Vlillirier
Atron -1.83m
Atron -4.13m
lost atron scout
(22:48:20) Akidagi
Osprey -10.39m
Caracal -17.14m
Capsule -2.51m
others got killed warping to gate trying to escape Voltage fleet
(23:14:07) Aldranette, Vlillirier
Condor -2.07m
Capsule -18.79m
Atron -1.22m
Capsule -0.01m
Caracal -14.18m
Caracal -18.14m
on way back met up with goons and manson family fleets and tried best to run and set safe
(23:26:15) Renarelle
Caracal -15.34m
Capsule -20.35m
same again.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,648,642,678.06
ISK Lost: 126,079,912.42
ISK Delta: 1,522,562,765.64
Efficiency: 92.896%
over all I believe it was a more defensive run and hide fleet after panther since we were being hunted by active more powerful forces
( didnt help small e-uni gang was mucking about for 3 hours before lol )
For first fleet even being more then I prob should of chewed I think we did relatively ok.
we were isk +
we did have some issues with logi disconnecting but that happens :(
I should call align before warping and i should make sure i can warp fleet while in Fc chair.
I can understand how hard it can be being new to fleets when a new fc has to go all out defensive and run fleet away as fast as possible and getting lost for that I am sorry.

wish there was more smaller targets.
as usual feast or famine.

any comments are welcome
The Jojosh
Title: Sophomore

Re: [Fleet] Blap Caracals

Post by The Jojosh »

I think we could have avoid some of the looses and confusion by docking at a station in low-sec instead of burning away from the enemy fleet, since we took BIO after we landed in Hi-sec anyway.

The fleet was moving very fast and it was not always clear where we are going (I get it, we were running away most of the time). Having clear destination, fleetwarps and repeating what is going on might save some confusion the next time.

Logi wing had problems with disconnects and hardware, I think you always reacted on par with the situation and made good decisions regarding that issue.

I am not sure what was the problem with fleetwarps, but I recommend you try it next time at the beginning of the fleet, you called fleetwarp few times, but since it didn't work more confusion and potential losses were at stake.

Few times you issued orders when some other order was ongoing - try to stick with what you have said even if its not the best thing in that situation. For example during the Panther kill, where half of the fleet were scattering, half was in warp to safe and you already called everyone to get on grid with the Panther. Disclaimer - this is my personal preference - you are the FC and you make the calls, its possible that if you have waited for everyone to regroup we wouldn't get on the killmail.

All things considered - you made a fantastic job on your first fleet, especially taking into consideration you hopped in when FC didnt show up and didn't have time to prepare or decide on the fleet composition.

Looking forward to fly with you again!
fengor Agittain
Title: Freshman

Post by fengor Agittain »

Hi one of the newbros here :)

thank you ver y much for stepping in as FC I enjoyed my first fleet outing with you a lot even though i was sometimes overwhelmed. And hey I even got in on the killmail on the Panther :D

I was flying tackle and was a bit overwhelmed with the fleetspeak and and what I should do sometimes. But that is definately on me and will become better when i get some more fleet exp under my wing. Overall I think you did a splendid job as a FC and that you have a good instinct on which fights to pick or not. I don't mind a bit that we were on the defensive most of the time and think it provided me with some very good learning experiences.

I was the third Atron that got destroyed ( https://zkillboard.com/kill/67399458/ ) and have to say that was entirely my own fault. I misclicked when you called to align and hit warp instead so I was at the gate when the enemy warped in on top of me. My mistake was not scattering immediately and will do that next time i lemming in front of the fleet. Navy Osprey vs Atron isnt much of a fight ;)

9/10 Fleet Commander. Would fly again :)
Thorne Ishirai

Post by Thorne Ishirai »

Hey, newbro here too.

Thanks for the fleet, it was quite fun being on my first fleet with any corp that wasn't T1 tackle, and being on that Panther killmail felt good 8)

I didn't know it was your first FC, I can imagine most people's first FC ends with everyone dead.. but from a newbro perspective I found a lot of it confusing, there was also one person who wasn't FC giving his own commands which didn't really help, I know it's just a game but there really should be a chain of authority in fleets. I think the confusion contributed to me being one of the people caught in that gatecamp.

But either way, many thanks - was a fun couple hours :D
SketchyManDan Williams

Post by SketchyManDan Williams »

Cheers for taking up the FC role Raxon! Sorry that it got kind of dropped on you, I just couldn’t make it back in time aha, it sounded like it was fun trying to escape that fleet. That panther is quite the kill to land on your first shot too :D, and it looks like it was still relatively few losses even though you were being chased!
Scoobydru Outamon

Post by Scoobydru Outamon »

First of all Raxon i think you did a brilliant job last night keeping us all safe during this event.

Okay a few of us lost our ships and clone (including me) but seeing this was your first FC and was my first event with the corporation think you did really well and i'd like to think that you would be doing another one soon. May even join myself and be useful this time.

Apologies for swearing on comm's as my ship got deconstructed into its component parts. Think i should change my PTT key :)

Few observations.
For us newbro's its a bit difficult to understand the terminology used by everybody so perhaps maybe if these could be explained when they are used.

Also a few of us also got lost and couldn't get into position in time for certain situations which i feel kinda took a little away from the event.

Personally, i had great fun in battle for the 3 seconds i lasted.

I suppose like anything we will all learn with time and by actually doing these events.

I know last night i was raging after i came out of fleet and was wanting to quit, but on reflection i will take my first real venture out into the wild world as an experience and one that i certainly will learn from.

Again, i thank everybody involved for a great time and experience last night.

Raxon if this was your first FC and you only lost what you did! well hell man i'd love to see what carnage you'll bring when you've got a few more of these under your belt.

Time to read up on abbreviations and terminology me thinks.

o7
Scoobydru Outamon
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Yeah, agree with many: 5 cruisers lost being harassed by faction and strategic cruisers with t2 logies support is not bad.

I has not been in fleet, but I feel that if you were harassed by the same gang you need to think what would be strategy to drop them from your tail next time. Have safe BM, or dock up in station (make sure you have instaundock), or jump to high sec and move to another area (make sure you are not flashy). Learn how to split them and try killing tackle (risk losing half of the fleet, but that Daredevil can worth like 10 cruisers).

Otherwise, congrats with a start! BLAP Caracal is not the easiest doctrine to fly
Raxon Noseworthy

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

big issue was i didnt have fcc bookmarks I will try to get them for fleet i have planned on 29th jan:) also being able to warp total fleet when needed and pre aligning helps I will be working on that .

I prefer to have a solid defense plan first then the kills will be easier to get.

ty all for your comments :)
Scoobydru Outamon

Post by Scoobydru Outamon »

Raxon Noseworthy wrote:big issue was i didnt have fcc bookmarks I will try to get them for fleet i have planned on 29th jan:) also being able to warp total fleet when needed and pre aligning helps I will be working on that .

I prefer to have a solid defense plan first then the kills will be easier to get.

What do they say? The best offense is a good defence. I'm all for having an escape plan incase things get dicey!
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Scoobydru Outamon wrote:
Raxon Noseworthy wrote:big issue was i didnt have fcc bookmarks I will try to get them for fleet i have planned on 29th jan:) also being able to warp total fleet when needed and pre aligning helps I will be working on that .

What do they say? The best offense is a good defence. I'm all for having an escape plan incase things get dicey!
They say the opposite: the best defence is a good offence. But I'm afraid in this case the best you could do is to kill Daredevil and Scythe and lose 50-60% of the fleet
Kaelph Audeles
Title: Sophomore

Post by Kaelph Audeles »

Thanks for the fleet and congratulations to your first official Fleet Command!

I think you did a very good job for the first time and the circumstances. You were not prepared to FC the fleet but stepped up nevertheless. That just underscores my impression that you are one of the most engaged persons in the Uni I witnessed so far.

All in all I noticed just a few hiccups but the decisions made were good as far as I can tell. As I do not have a great understanding of engagement profiles yet I could learn a lot especially on this fleet because the discussion shed some light on why we would engage or not engage.

All in all I really enjoyed the whole thing and I have my eye peeled on the calendar for your next fleets!

Cheers o7
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage