[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! - 2018.01.16

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! - 2018.01.16

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.09.12):
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Aiden Chance – Vanguard
Arashi Shizukana – Skirmish Scout
Argonis Loken
Atticus Vex
Barrett Chanlin
Bethany Cartharsis
Calder Ormand – Vanguard
Castor Udan
Drake Shea – Logi
Galentros Folenstar
Gemma Solett – Logi
Glen Burney – Skirmish Scout
Harai Rex – Logi
I Skip Legday
Klue Pythious
Kontxesi Buchanan – Vanguard
Lazarus Tazinas – Vanguard
Mary Cazzuka
Phaethonx Brutor
RankNine
Raxon Noseworthy – 2IC
Reise Amatin
Satoshi Tomeii
Sone Eto – Logi
Space Warfare Development – Logi
SteveHarrington
Traq Varoon
Trevor Grambling
Vrix Torqueo

OBSERVATIONS
An extended break due to burn out and the holidays sees the return of the NoP Monday Roam, a week late with a working mic this time!

THIS is the way to start a roam! No idea what he was doing, I'm not even sure he fought back, but I think we'll take it.

(02:45:20) Dastryns
Zealot +575.15m

Found a Tempest outside a station in Moc, and we traded some iskies for a good kill, although losing Glen was painful. For some reason Glen didn't want to reship in Stac or Ich and pay exorbitant prices so he ran off to Jita, taking him out of the roam for a bit.

(02:58:15) Moclinamaud
Svipul -107.31m
Maulus -1.19m
Executioner -8.68m
Tempest +169.47m

All was quiet until we reached Aki, took our break, and then CALSF offered us a fight. They set up in a Large, comparable fleet composition to our own, and I hesitated mentally. At the time I couldn't explain what I didn't like about it, but I tend to never take fights like this. Looking back, we were at a disadvantage from the start because we were going to them - they had their logi cap chain set up, weapons ready, etc. So we were starting from a disadvantage, and it showed. Not to mention that this is CALSF, and they are good at what they do. The only kill we managed to get out of the exchange was an unaffiliated Merlin :D I don't think it helped that I was rusty as all get out from the holidays, and my planning, target calling, and overall command chatter was atrocious. I think maybe the best that can be said from this is that we did't wipe the entire fleet.

(03:41:21) Akidagi
Merlin +1.61m
Osprey -19.06m
Caracal -32.68m
Caracal -31.59m
Caracal -53.39m
Caracal -31.66m
Caracal -22.87m
Caracal -39.59m
Executioner -1.76m
Caracal -14.13m
Capsule -6.15m

I went off to reship, and the fleet continued on. I am going to defer to Raxon concerning the details of the Nenn fight from his perspective. There was a call of a Nightmare in a Large, but when the fleet arrived things went sideways.

(04:03:52) Nennamaila
Crusader -48.54m
Stiletto -39.02m
Kitsune -51.5m
Executioner -0.71m
Maulus -4.96m
Kestrel -6.08m
Caracal -22.9m
Svipul -106.11m
Capsule -0.01m

I rejoined the fleet at a safe in Nenn, and we continued. At the time, the Okakuola constellation was under Incursion, so it limited our roam space to a degree. We circled around through Ena/Hik/Imm and back to Nenn, and didn't find anything of interest, so we started heading home. Moc on the return trip was not as nice as on the way out. We found a Stabber jumping into us on the Frarie gate that we aggressed and he crashed back through to escape. Our two losses came from gate guns. Sometimes being a dirty pirate does NOT pay off.

(04:28:13) Moclinamaud
Maulus -1.08m
Caracal -17.62m

We found a group of 4 or 5 destos sitting at a ping 300 above the Ost gate. Harai had a ping right near them, so we swooped on up there, and xesi heroine-tackled one of them for the kill. I sensed a bit of a personal issue on this one :D He decided to come back 5 minutes later and we popped him a second time, because why not. The last 10 minutes of the roam was kicking back on the gate popping various bits and bobs that happened to come our way. We may have to do a dedicated camp next week, at least for part of the fleet. Could be interesting.

(04:35:18) Agoze
Condor -5.74m
Imperial Navy Slicer -46.07m
Executioner -10.14m
Thrasher +9.32m
Merlin +2.56m
Tristan +2.55m
Thrasher +9.35m
Helios -96.19m
Capsule +0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 770,014,835.84
ISK Lost: 826,749,805.35
ISK Delta: -56,734,969.51
Efficiency: 48.223%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
I was a big bucket o' rust on this fleet. Our one good fight we had I didn't feel comfortable with it at all, and I'm still not sure we should have taken that on their terms. It was a good learning experience, and it has given me some things to think about before next week.

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Pre-Roam Planning. - Check.
  • Decision Making. - Check-minus. Felt very rusty after the extended break, and it showed in the CALSF fight in Aki.
  • Command Chatter. - Check-minus. Same, very rusty.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?

Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Raxon Noseworthy

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Roam! - 2018.01.16

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

I thought there was just a nightmare at first then turned out to be other long range stuff that was much more kitey then us I should of said scatter immediately and disengaged and ignored it hard lesson learned at expense of others :(
Raxon Noseworthy

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

yes also found commands hard to follow at times and missed some info from scouts do to chatter
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Reise Amatin wrote:
We found a group of 4 or 5 destos sitting at a ping 300 above the Ost gate. Harai had a ping right near them, so we swooped on up there, and xesi heroine-tackled one of them for the kill. I sensed a bit of a personal issue on this one :D He decided to come back 5 minutes later and we popped him a second time, because why not. The last 10 minutes of the roam was kicking back on the gate popping various bits and bobs that happened to come our way. We may have to do a dedicated camp next week, at least for part of the fleet. Could be interesting.
I wouldn't say an issue. :p He's just usually their most vocal ****-talker in local and he'd been extra grumpy when we got that Zealot. I decided he needed some love, is all. <3

I can't help but notice the lack of quotes in this AAR. Who was supposed to email Reise a list of quotes?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

So that fight at the large in Nenn was indeed a kitey comp. People kept saying it was bait, but it really was not, bait would be that we go out there to kill a nightmare and then 4 orthrus show up. Instead it was a nightmare and 4-5 frigates.

It was the nightmare that did all the damage, and some good tackle pilots that hunted down our tackle as we got kited out. I was trying to imagine a good response, and all I can think of is maybe if we all bunched up at 0 on the large, and had two command dessies jump us all out to where the Nightmare was, we could then successfully blob.

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)