[NPSI] Police Academy /w Spectre Fleet

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[NPSI] Police Academy /w Spectre Fleet

Post by Budda Sereda »

As many of you know, I like trying something new: I did apply to Spectre FC, was approved, and last Thursday (01/12@3:00) I ran my first NPSI fleet w/ Spectre Fleet (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=107870)

It was an ok turnaround, 27 pilots in total, primarily Comets, of them 3 T2 and 2 T1 logies, quite a few T3D, CD.
Spoiler
Anger Brandish
Atticus Vex
Budda Sereda
Cetan Bennu
Cheradenine Zakalve
CocoMaster Yung
Dethorian Alinias
EVEBruceL
Fire Bush
GER ST4UBS4UGER
Gemma Solett
Gunman Aldent
Imperator Zed
Jabubu Avianson
Jack Easterly
Jonn Duune
Klue Pythious
McEricita
Nicholass Charante
ROYAL Cat Royal
Rambone805 Oxnardian
Raxon Noseworthy
Rook Mallard
Sevyn Chambernique
Shaftmaster Mastershafts
Wokum
Xackattack Avianson
I had 4 scouts (or hunters, as people sometimes call them) and in the beginning asked to check Covryn. They spotted a Hurricane at the undock, bushed him, and voila, first kill:
(03:31:15) Covryn
Hurricane +81.2m

Don't remember this kill ATM:
Kestrel +1.73m

In Renarelle, Jonn spotted a gang of T3Ds, he went for the solo and made let us make a couple of good kills.
Jackdaw +76.62m
Daredevil -156.85m
Jackdaw +76.29m
Capsule +5.87m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

Here is interesting learning point: instead of traditional call "point" Jonn mentioned something like "I got them" and I wasted valuable seconds to confirm that. We spoke after fleet so hopefully next time it will be better.

While Jonn was switching ship Cetan found a gang of destroyers (I believe Punishers) on one of plexes. Unfortunately, while fleet landed those punishers left and we only had few Flycathers and a Garmur on the grid.

I underestimated danger from Flycatchers, could not assume they can do so high DPS at more than 30-40 kms. I assumed we will have higher speed, and ability to tank, but in fact they killed many of us 1-by-1.
I do remember I caught reps, and hence did not worry much, but it looks like I was far from logy and was killed relatively quickly.
After I was killed Jonn took command, and after taking heavy losses he called to align out and scatter in few seconds later.

(03:58:21) Oicx
Jackdaw -111.07m
Capsule -19.72m
Confessor -69.79m
Federation Navy Comet -27.78m
Executioner -6.47m
Federation Navy Comet -39.94m
Federation Navy Comet -24.41m
Federation Navy Comet -48.66m
Hecate -178.42m
Federation Navy Comet -52.73m
Federation Navy Comet -50.69m
Federation Navy Comet -27.53m
Garmur +282.57m

Learning points:
1. Should have quickly learned they are kity and keep fleet together, not to spread out, and retreat quickly.
2. I guess we should not engage at all. From the dotlan we knew that system was quite active and even we had more than 20 DD and 5 logies, we still should have expected heavy loses.

From zkillboard I assume this Flycatchers' fit:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[Flycatcher, Auraus Porcaleus's Flycatcher]
Ballistic Control System II

Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor
Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
EM Ward Amplifier II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender

Auto Targeting System II
Light Missile Launcher II,Scourge Fury Light Missile

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II
Solid 265 DPS at 47.5km range, with drags and implants I assume quite a bit more.
Impressive.

Some of us reshiped and while I was catching up with fleet, hunters spotted a small faction cruisers gang (Orthrus, Gila, Phantasm, Keres). We engaged, Jonn managed to boosh Vaga which we killed after bouncing:
(04:16:57) Oicx, Aldranette
Atron +2.6m
Navitas -4.13m
Vagabond +297.23m
Deacon -54.52m

Honestly, don't remember how did these kills happened:
(04:29:08) Aldranette, Tama, Akidagi
Keres +232.21m
Thrasher +22.07m

After this engagement we had few pilots reshipping in Ichoriya and spotted a gang of Thrashers+Magus+1-2 BC. Having lack of scouts I went ahead to get intel on them and did not understand what was happening when our logies where attacked by 2 Confessors. It looks like they were caught seconds before warp. Trying to catch the Magus I was getting intel that somebody tackled, message was not clear regarding system/get when that happened. When we got clarity that was too late:
Thalia -66.02m
Thalia -53.98m

Further we went towards Tama, and got a few small kills here and there:
(04:39:48) Floseswin, Tama
Punisher +29.1m

(05:00:42) Pynekastoh
Bantam +6.29m
Federation Navy Comet +30.13m
Capsule +0.01m

(05:08:15) Kedama
Tristan +0.48m
Capsule +0.01m

(05:25:39) Oinasiken
Tristan +0.48m
Capsule +0.01m

On the way back in Ouleta we encountered Hecate sitting on the gate at 0. myself and Gemma triggered agression from guns, bounced, and waited for Hecate to engage. We could not kill him before he got reinforcements: Nightmare and Taranis.
(05:49:02) Ouelletta
Federation Navy Comet -25.26m
Federation Navy Comet -26.24m
Federation Navy Comet -39.72m
Thalia -68.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Mistake here: few of us did not bounce to reset aggression from guns.

ISK Destroyed: 1,145,127,834.78
ISK Lost: 1,151,971,296.6
ISK Delta: -6,843,461.82
Efficiency: 49.851%

I can admit, it was not the best execution, but we had lots of fun, got a few nice kills and overall feedback I received via Spectre Fleet web site is overall positive. Please do share your feedback guys either here in the topic or via the Spectre Fleet feedback form: https://spectrefleet.com/feedback

Summary.
1. I need to learn how to communicated with new scouts: that helps both with situational awareness and decision making.
2. I need to disengage earlier facing kitying gangs
3. I need to be more risk averse I guess.

To validate the 3rd point, I would like to ask you guys just 2 questions, please fill in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/K0fb52JKQEoflIPw1

P.S. As was promised, all T2 logies get extended SRP (25M ISK) from FC.