[AAR] QRF Amy WT fleet

Magnar Eriksson
Title: Sophomore

[AAR] QRF Amy WT fleet

Post by Magnar Eriksson »

Lone Striders WT were at Jufitte gate in Amygnon. Quickly requested anyone wanting to engage to move to QRF squad. I don't remember exactly everyone who was there as it was all done rather in haste, so below is mostly from kill reports

Some of the below list joined as the engagement went on
  • Magnar Eriksson
    Ionstream Erquilenne
    Konstantin Grimm
    Andromeda Mars
    Klue Pythious
    Jonathan Wolf
    Lariox TheGreat
    Vrix Toqueo
    Bobby Hakoke
    Rikali Laru
    Yaella Charante
8:11 Amygnon
WT Exequror and Hecate on amy gate. Kitchen sink fleet formed mostly frigates a dominix and omen and a myrm. Fast tackle warped to gate before rest of fleet was aligned or fully ready and managed to get tackle. WTs quickly jumped through and were tackled and we got points on both and engaged. Hecate was primary for all except Dominix which neuted and pointed the exeq. The exeq was burnt down fairly quickly and the hecate got to 50% hull before finally getting free. We didn't have enough webs to keep the hecate slowed. They killed a couple frigs who engaged initially to hold for the rest of us.

Exequror +37.3mil
Punisher -2.3mil
Tristan -1.3mil

Exeq capsuleer reshipped into a Confessor and together with the hecate began playing gate games and trying to lure people out from the group to kill. They managed to get a few frigates.

Atron -2mil
Condor -13.5mil
Coercer -2mil
Atron -1.6mil
Hound -40.1mil

It became quickly apparent that we didn't have enough webs and points on the frigs and were struggling to hold them for long enough to apply dps. Perhaps we waited to long before tweaking the fittings or even better we should have done so before undocking in the first place. We caught the confessor sleeping when a raven navy issue joined our fleet and were able to kill it from range.

Confessor +65mil

WTs began burning in and out and trying to bait us and lure ships away from the main fleet. Confessor WT reshipped into a vexor navy issue.

Algos -7.6mil
Griffin -1.2mil
Vexor -12.3mil
Stabber -23mil

Loss -106.9mil
Killed +102.3mil

Lessons, need to organise fleet better before heading out. Ensure everyone has a decent fit and enough tackles and webs to take on the fast t3ds.
Someone got podded twice in the engagement. Not sure why they didnt warp off when ship was destroyed. FC wasn't always in same system as main fleet/engagement so hard to tell exactly what was going on at all times.
Klue Pythious
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] QRF Amy WT fleet

Post by Klue Pythious »

Thanks for the report Magnar. And thanks for coming to help in HSC.

We had been camped by them for several hours before a fleet was finally formed to deal with them.

It started when they chased me into Juf returning from a mission.
https://zkillboard.com/character/754745194/

I came out of dock and through a series of what I am learning to be mistakes, I was podded.

I asked UNI channels for help for awhile while Bobby scanned them down and gave constant intel.

Eventually Magnar arrive and proceeded with the above.

It was my first standing fleet turned defense and it was alot of fun.
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Magnar Eriksson wrote:Hound -40.1mil
Please don't use bombers to shoot anything smaller than BC sized. Torpedo (or Cruise) application is atrocious against small targets - you'd be better off (and more useful, and less squishy) flying a T1 frigate.

PS: I'd generally recommend linking battle reports so readers can get an impression of what was fielded:
Amygnon side
Jufvitte side

PPS: The same comment from above goes for the guy bringing a Raven Navy Issue. You're not doing anything useful, and just slowing the rest of your fleet down.
*creak*
Magnar Eriksson
Title: Sophomore

Post by Magnar Eriksson »

Titus Tallang wrote:
Magnar Eriksson wrote:Hound -40.1mil
Please don't use bombers to shoot anything smaller than BC sized. Torpedo (or Cruise) application is atrocious against small targets - you'd be better off (and more useful, and less squishy) flying a T1 frigate.

PS: I'd generally recommend linking battle reports so readers can get an impression of what was fielded:
Amygnon side
Jufvitte side

PPS: The same comment from above goes for the guy bringing a Raven Navy Issue. You're not doing anything useful, and just slowing the rest of your fleet down.
Because we were fighting in HSC people were bringing whatever they had once they got on and saw what was going on. Wasn't really possible to control what people brought into the engagement once it was already started.
Guiliano Thellere
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Student Advocate, Personnel Officer, Sophomore

Post by Guiliano Thellere »

Don’t we have the CDI doctrine to prevent such kitchen sink fleets..?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

We do, and also BLAPS if they are available, but that depends on someone with the rights to the hangars to give them out perhaps. Personally my favourite tactic against these ganking war targets is to bait them on what looks to be a PvE ship, I like a hull tanked brutix. with a logi they would probably think a pvp Hecate would make short work of a pve battlecruiser (have it running a simple combat anom if available etc, if they are competent war targets they should have their OOC eyes on you).
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Yaella Charante
Title: Freshman

Post by Yaella Charante »

It was the first fleet for me and got my first kill :)
Yay.

About the FC: i wasn't bothered by the FC trying. We all need to learn.. and so did i while in fleet.
It was all good and fun and not too many ships were lost :)
Noted. But i still got a kill :twisted:
Gilly Hakaari

Post by Gilly Hakaari »

Zeerse Solaris wrote:We do, and also BLAPS if they are available, but that depends on someone with the rights to the hangars to give them out perhaps.
I was under the impression when I last discussed the CDI doctrines with HSC members was that one of the aims of them was to be affordable so that even newer players would be able to stock themselves a few QRF ready ships. In a system frequented by WT's you shouldn't be waiting on people to hand out the ships you need to QRF against them, they should be in your hangers ready to go, the longer you spend forming the more time the WT's are locking down the system & the more easy kills they are getting.

As Titus said, simply undocking bigger or shinier ships isn't the answer and will just lead to expensive & unnecessary killmails (which make the WT's return) & having more points/webs on doctrine ships would have been far more beneficial in helping you hold down the T3D's than the RNI & bomber were and would have helped you secure more kills

There are cheap counters to the T3D's that these guys fly a lot of, kitchen sink doesnt work and the HSC has CDI/BLAP doctrines to prevent this kind of thing, it isnt just up to HSC management to hand QRF ships out to HSC members, you all live there and campus defense is everyone responsiiblity. Undocking in cohesive fleets taht can drive off the WT's with minimal losses is all that will stop them coming back.
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Also, your first BLAP cruiser is free, and once you lose that, the next one is also free, as we offer 100% SRP on them.
*creak*