[AAR] BiG Alpha Birds

Baro Gaar
Title: Ensign, Mentor, Sophomore

[AAR] BiG Alpha Birds

Post by Baro Gaar »

Alpha Birds were sure entertaining.
We undocked the fleet on time with 20 pilots.

Not a great start with the scout getting killed 10 minutes before fleet undock hehe
(20:17:49) Uphallant
Condor -0.82m

We caught a Corm on the gate and split the fleet in half. The half that jumped through engaged it and killed it.
(20:54:36) Aubenall
Cormorant +4.69m

On the gate into Vil we engaged a Vexor and took it down with some losses. I got myself killed in this fight and Decklin took over the fleet while I reshipped. The only thing the Vexor killed was our logi, other then that we got killed by gateguns. :/ partly my fault this, for not being aware that our logi was actually flashy, that's why the vexor attacked him in the first place.
(21:01:28) Vlillirier, Kedama
Kestrel -10.96m
Burst -5.42m
Kestrel -10.19m
Vexor +45.08m
Kestrel -5.67m
Kestrel -5.82m
Atron -0.88m

Oicx were busy and was the goal for the roam, but Decklin had to fill in for me. The fleet engaged a group of Punishers.
(21:09:14) Oicx
Condor -8.14m
Kestrel -14.46m
Kestrel -11.35m
Punisher +7.44m
Capsule -0.01m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -33.11m
Kestrel -10.2m
Capsule -0.01m]

At this point the fleet was reduced, but I had caught back up. Some were reshipping, some were leaving. I tried to move the fleet closer to Ichorya to get the group together, got into trouble several places.
(21:19:22) Vlillirier, Kedama
Kestrel -10.08m
Burst -6.24m
Federation Navy Comet +28.9m
Kestrel -19.7m

Slasher was lost, was not with the fleet.
(21:32:56) Nennamaila,
Slasher -1.7m

The last fight was a nice setup where the Daredevil used a Breacher as meatshild. We targeted the breacher first as he had damage and while we killed it the Daredevil were tearing apart our paper thin frigates. As we dropped the Breacher and switched I also landed a jam and the Daredevil was dropped with no more losses, but the fit explains the dps.
(21:56:50) Pynekastoh
Condor -3.97m
Kestrel -9.67m
Kestrel -6.28m
Kestrel -11.68m
Burst -9.96m
Breacher +6.84m
Daredevil +202.2m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 295 150 000
ISK Lost: 278 310 000
ISK Delta: 16 840 000
Efficiency: barelly

Analytics: People are starting to know me (I think) and I get more direct (and helpful) feedback directly in coms. I tried to talk more, don't go into pauses. I spent less time taking decisions and whenever we were waiting for someone I announced that was why we were not moving. I got feedback on too few orders during that last fight, I have to admit the coms were a bit chaotic and I didn't get through. I also learned that I need to BC more, I improved during the fleet.

Paper thin Kestrels are harder to fly then the Punishers, specially the gateguns were brutal and we should probably not have engaged any non-flashy on gates. The jam landing on the polarized Daredevil made my day though.
ImageImageImage

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] BiG Alpha Birds

Post by Budda Sereda »

Ignore the efficiency Baro, ignore it until you fly at least 50 fleets :)

As soon as people join fleets and have fun you achieved the goal. Don't whelp intentionally, but otherwise who really cares? :)

You guys caught the Daredevil - it is a good result, usually they are flown by experienced pilots and are hard to catch.
Sin Tsukaya

Re: [AAR] BiG Alpha Birds

Post by Sin Tsukaya »

Notice that the Daredevil doesn't fit a point. Not an awful idea while duo-ing like that, but it's something people also do solo. Can be worth at least considering GTFOing if you're facing something like that, and falling fast.