[AAR] BiG Golden Horde- Jan 10th

Baro Gaar
Title: Ensign, Mentor, Sophomore

[AAR] BiG Golden Horde- Jan 10th

Post by Baro Gaar »

Time for me to try out the Punishers. (I'm afraid I closed the fleet down before I checked how that AAR tool works, so this is the ol'style)

We had 17 in fleet on start, 3 logi, 2 scouts, 2 crucifiers and a Vigil, rest Punishers.
On Dotlan Placid looked kinda empty, so for a test I wanted to bring the fleet through Syndicate into Orvolle and then to Oicx. In-gate to Syndicate was not even bubbled, but as we progressed through the bottleneck our scout reported a rather nasty setup on the ingate to PF-346. 4 Oracles, Hugin, Sabre and so on. I decided to turn around.
In Vli Kora tried to tackle a Stabber, misclicked.
Stiletto: http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=465155 -38mil

We proceeded all the way up to Hikkoken to find the first target:
Thorax; http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=465166 32 mil

We continued into Black Rise and tried to catch several ships in outposts. We warped to one to catch a frigate, but this one warped off. While I was figuring out what to do next a Hurricane simply landed in our midst.
Hurricane: http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=465164 85 mil

The next was a Confessor:
Confessor: http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=465163 64 mil

Going further up it was back and forth with some gangs of T3D's we wanted to avoid. We caught a Tristan on a gate and engaged it. The slow Punishers are cap stable, so when he ran out of cap we caught up. He was trying to down one of the logi, choosing not to warp off for some reason. While we lost the first Crucifier to gateguns, the Tristan died.
Crucifier: http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=465160 -7 mill
Tristan: http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=465180 4 mill

Ships lost 45 mil
Ships killed: 185 mil
Isk Delta: 140 mil
Efficient? YES

Analytics: I know by now that my risk management is a bit different then the usual FCC fleets. I'm more careful what fights to enter, and I move around more careless. I don't like losing ships to an overwhelming force, there's little learning in that except: "Learn to pick your fights" which I already know a fair bit about. I realize that some of the pilots maybe think I'm a bit more boring for this. In this fleet our first kill came after a full 31 minutes in space. We roamed for over 2 hours, only got 4 kills. Escaped more fights then we took I guess.
I also realise that sometimes I spend to long making decisions and as I think I stop talking, in this fleet people asked for orders on a couple occasions. I guess the flow will come with experience.

As for the Golden Horde doctrine, it's pretty good. The combo of very high relevant EHP and dps burns down stuff fast once it's caught. The Crucifiers makes the tanking/ logi-job even easier.

Any feedback is welcome.
ImageImageImage

Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [AAR] BiG Golden Horde- Jan 10th

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

My main feedback would be to improve the speed of your decision making and especially communication cycle. You did make good decisions in the end, but were very slow to do this, which left people unclear as to what your plans were. This can be dangerous in and of itself.

Anyway, keep it up :) it was good to try something a little different and see if there were any gate camps to break up in Syndicate.

Just don't forget to warn the fleet in advance so we can prepare appropriately ( clean clones, cepter scouts, dictors for opportunistic bubbles, extra nanite etc )
Baro Gaar

Post by Baro Gaar »

Thanks Decklin. Your assistance in this is very valuable. Both in answering questions from the new guys and keeping the flow up.

There's a few "local habits" I'm not used to yet, I was never told to fit or act different when entering low-sec compared to 0.0 for example.

Learning is cool :)
ImageImageImage

Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Keep in mind it was a pretty quiet night though: yes a few big gangs roaming around and quite some loose frigates/destroyers in space, but hardly anything bigger and engageable. You were completely right in the decisions not to engage any of the other gangs imo.

The reason I, and i guess some others, arent a big fan of nullsec are:
- no easy reshipping like in Stacmon or Ichoriya (where many of us have a stock of backup ships)
- interceptors/dictors needed (we had none in fleet untill Kora reshipped)
- In lowsec many of us fly clones with implants (some quite expensive ones), which can be done safely in low. not in null due to bubbles. So a clone jump is nescessary.
- no repairs/docking
(- in my personal experience, nullsec fleets often consists of a lot of travel followed by a big welp. Lowsec seems more consistent in engageable targets.)

All of the above is fine when a fleet ad on the agenda or forum clearly states its going to null, so people can prepare. Doing a few jumps as a detour seems a waste of energy imo.

For the AAR tool, i believe it doesnt matter if you closed Eve already. Fleet log is saved somewhere on your PC and you can just copy it from there in the online tool. Laser Skaron made it and knows everything about it. https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 8&t=104303
Union Pivo
Title: LSC Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Union Pivo »

Yes, don't copy log from ingame, because you might miss start of the fleet if there was enough chatter. Look at "My Documents/EVE/" for chatlogs. Everything is saved there, just sort by date.

And punishers are always nice, was a nice fleet even if content was a bit thin on content.
Baro Gaar

Post by Baro Gaar »

Thank you.

Will make the AAR for tonights Kestrel fleet a bit easier.
ImageImageImage

Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Thanks for taking us lowsec heathen to Nullsec :) pretty much everything has been said, but the most important would be to communicate in advance what you want to do to the scouts.

You mentioned Oicx at the beginning, so I started burning towards there to get some intels. I should have asked too, so this one is also on me :)

Thanks for taking a fleet out o7