[FLEET] Solitude Caracal Caper (2100 6 JAN)

Crimson Herring
Title: Solitude Staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

[FLEET] Solitude Caracal Caper (2100 6 JAN)

Post by Crimson Herring »

Roam members (7) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Castor Udan
Crimson Herring
Erwin Madelung
Kimori Okanata
Max HouseCHAOM
Raxon Noseworthy
Xander Kuha

This roam took a little while to get off the ground, the odd time, proximity to other fleets, and lack of advertising on my part meant there was only one person in fleet at 2100, although we soon got seven people. Two were in PC9, including our scout/tackle, the fleet traveled to JH-M2W to group up. After grouping up, we poked around abit in EZA, as DOTLAN showed some NPC kills, but it was pretty dead when our scout went through. Out scout had just started off towards VV- when a Sons of Bane Kestrel landed on the gate we were holding on. We didn't have tackle in system, so let it go. Soon there after, a Myrmidon from the same corp landed with us, and tackled one of our Caracals. I called to engage, and our scout collapsed back to get tackle on the Myrmidon. Our logi was holding and the Myrmidon seemed to be breaking, but it soon became clear that the Myrm was just the vanguard or bait, and was joined by many friends. I called a scatter, but we lost a Caracal and a Merlin that werte still tackled.

Kills and Losses
(21:47:13) JH-M2W
Merlin -9.99m
Caracal -13.29m
Capsule -0.01m

After swatting at our little group, the Sons of Bane fleet went to go pick a fight with NSC in PC9-AY. We joined forces with NSC's standing fleet jsut as they drove the invading fleet off, and we got to help clean up the stragglers.

(22:06:56) JH-M2W
Capsule +0.01m

At this point we waiting to support the standing fleet expecting the other side to escalate. Castor went to go see if they were forming anything, but got caught in a gatecamp.

(22:31:47) IIRH-G
Merlin -9.99m
Capsule -0.01m

We also bashed a NPC dreadnought while waiting, and managed to catch an unfortunate Svipul that wandered into NSC's back pocket

(22:47:49) X-PYH5
Svipul +90.58m
Capsule +0.01m

And blew up an annoying bubble that had been abandoned.

(23:01:30) ZN0-SR
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I +0.87m

Eventually we got word of a large fight happening in 6-C, and decided to go escalate it.

(23:23:31) 6-CZ49
Vigilant -390.92m
Merlin -10.05m
Hurricane +107.69m
Talos +129m
Hurricane +80.51m
Hurricane +81.47m
Hurricane +80.43m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

At this point, I was getting close to needing to log off, so I offered to travel back to Boystin with anyone heading that direction. We got chased by a Cynabal from UFO, and it eventually caught someone on one of the gates. I made the call to go back and help them, but more Cynabals came and made quick work of us.

(23:44:37) M2-CF1, JH-M2W
Caracal -30.67m
Capsule -0.01m
Caracal -14.62m
Caracal -14.9m

Lessons Learned:
-First fight should have been avoided. Flying with larger Caracal fleets has gotten me complacent, five Caracals was entirely too few to just be sitting on a gate.

-The Hurricane stomp in 6-C, while effective, suffered from a near breakdown in coms, as the current FC bravely sacrificed himself to give the rest of the fleet a warp in point, but there was not a clear 2iC. Having any one person call targets is better than four or five people all calling different Hurricanes as primary. In any other fight that would have been disastrous.

-I need to stop bringing tiny fleets back to rescue tackled stragglers. It always results in losing more ships.

-Advertising fleets is probably a good idea if I want better turnout.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 570,606,398.11
ISK Lost: 494,450,067.77
ISK Delta: 76,156,330.34
Efficiency: 53.575%
Raxon Noseworthy

Re: [FLEET] Solitude Caracal Caper (2100 6 JAN)

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

I was the noob that got tackled im always afraid of going back up pipe to soli after a fleet cause people always seem to throw up a bubble to catch players returning. maybe ill leave big ships behind and take small frig or shuttle back
Raxon Noseworthy

Re: [FLEET] Solitude Caracal Caper (2100 6 JAN)

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

and you are also correct never bring small fleet back to save one member run save selves 8)