[Brawly Cruisers] - 3 hours of ongoing fights

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Brawly Cruisers] - 3 hours of ongoing fights

Post by Budda Sereda »

Ok, that was not as I wrote in a forum topic continuous 3 hours of fight, but this was by far the most exhaustive fleet for me: we did have quite a few time moments when we were chilling, but amount of big fights I've met today is like total for the last half year.
Literally each 10-15 minutes we got another fight and each of them was 10-15 minutes long...

During one of the engagements I made 3 consequent mistakes and whelped the 2/3 of the fleet... yet, I consider the fleet as very interesting and fun.

As topic is quite long, I decided to reference the FCC feedback form right now: please do let me know on my performance and share any feedback you have (both positive and negative), either here on forum on on the FCC feedback form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Ok, let's go through some details.

When we undocked we had 27 people in fleet.
We had around 6 cap chain Augorors, 2 ceptor scouts, Blackbird and Keres, and many DDs.
6 more joined later.
Spoiler
Aiden Chance
Alf Saissore
Arashi Shizukana
Atticus Vex
Auric Fulcrum
B'aldrick Aivoras
Budda Sereda
Decklin Quark Reiger
DonkeyPunch Udan
Eddie Dante
Hideo Date
Kora K
Laser Skaron
Max HouseCHAOM
Maximus Hert
Monarch Guardian II
Nathan Tamroc
Ra'zok Zateki
Raxon Noseworthy
Rebulah Conundrum
Rolis Owlborne
Savannah Tokila
Shar Thrityh
Space Warfare Development
Tau Hopper
The Jojosh
Tyler Arnoux
Union Pivo
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye
Zako Maken
Zirqel Vinqel
morphoze
Before undock, I tried to ping few friends and see if they want to fight, Luca Goh - our former unista confirmed they will form up something.

First, we noticed 2 Machariels in Dastryns, they moved to Ost and after some Shananigan we engaged, they got backup in form of Gnosis, Huginn, and Vagabond. So we needed to retreat losing 4 of us (including FC):

(19:26:41) Ostingele
Slasher -6.59m
Keres -62.85m
Thorax -33.06m
Thorax -38.47m
Catalyst +1.31m

Luckily, Stacmon was close so we did reship quickly and moved on.

Scouts found Rupture. We send additional DD for 'backup', lost scout, but killed Rupture.
(19:42:47) Loes
Taranis -37.66m
Rupture +42.84m
Capsule +19.66m

Soon after, scouts spotted Damnation. Don't remember if we saw his friends. Tanky Command Ship, now I see I should learned that was a bait... Anyway, when you have 27 men fleet you don't let go along even T2 BC. We engaged, shortly he got some friends, 3 Vindicators, Phobos.
I felt that's not going to finish easy for us: "Guys, we are gonna die, but kill this Damnation". We send drones to Phobos and kept shooting Damnation.
When Apostle appeared on gird, Damnation was in half armor, we scratched the hull when he eventually caught reps ... damn it.
Luckily, when we warped away, we only lost 2 ships. Dunno how did this happen. Maybe those guys where hunting for something big and had only poin on the Damnation? Strange.

(19:52:06) Loes
Augoror -22.31m
Capsule -0.01m
Vexor -28.87m

Many thanks to logies for keeping the rest of the fleet alive.

I got message from Luca that they are undocking and moving towards Nen, we went ahead too, but were distracted by something flashy that moved to Oicx. It was either SFI, or just stabber, so we went for it. As we killed it, a gang of frigates and dessies (in total around 20 of them) jumped on us.
My first reaction was to run. As we were flashy we could not jump. I called to align to the sun, then anchor up on me, and primaried something... don't remember what that was... We started breaking it and I thought: what the heck, let's give them a fight.

That was I believe the first mistake: We already were at some range, with short range guns, did not apply well... and more of opponents jumped on us. If we left at this point... we would have loses for sure. But how many? Dunno, maybe very few, maybe a dozen. Anyway, I switched primaries to Magus, and only at this moment realized opponent has at least 4 Deacons on the grid.
As we were already in the fight, I decided to take one of the Deacons nearby. But even though we were close by we did not break it. It caught reps being around 30-40% in armor, but stabilized it around 50%.

Did they intentionally keep him at 50%? Or it was really a balance of DPS and reps...? Thought?

I switched primary to another Deacon, and once I saw we don't break this guy too, called to align to the sun. I waited while I was killed and called to warp out:

(20:16:02) Oicx
Stabber +42.33m
Augoror -15.69m
Kestrel +13.55m
Augoror -30.98m
Augoror -30.54m
Thorax -34.51m
Catalyst -10m
Thorax -26.27m
Blackbird -12.06m
Augoror -28.54m
Thorax -21.06m
Slasher -6.46m
Thorax -32.96m
Thorax -23.78m
Thorax -34.81m
Hecate -81.47m
Capsule -0.01m
Rupture -42.06m
Rupture -30.11m
Capsule -0.01m
Vexor -47.46m

From one side that was unpleasant. And that's not the first engagement when T2 frigates demonstrate to me their superiority against T1 cruisers.
Yet, we were armor fit with 5-6-7 seconds align time. How many of us would be caught without having a chance to shoot back?

I'm asking participants please to share an opinion: do you believe it was a right call to take a fight or we should have better run?

We reshipped in Ichoriya and I learned from scouts about engagement in Akidagi. I did assume it is Luca engaged with somebody and decided to join the party.
At this moment I believe I had only 2 solo Exequrors from logies, around 10 DDs, 2 ewars.

We warped to scout (Arashi, how could you survive? I guess you were just tethered? :) ), and started primarying logies, later, what was close by, came close to another group of cruisers (why did not they run away?), and dispatched that group as well.

That felt really cool:

(20:41:48) Akidagi
Exequror +28.06m
Malediction +62.57m
Omen +40.59m
Blackbird -16.75m
Exequror +27.95m
Exequror -36.83m
Exequror +27.97m
Augoror +21.51m
Vexor -38.47m
Vexor -36.73m
Vexor +32.96m
Thorax -23.17m
Vexor +27.74m
Thorax -23.35m
Vexor +34.81m
Thorax -32.37m
Omen +50.75m
Omen +42.92m
Rupture +43.11m
Exequror +31.24m

Now looking into killmails I see two loses that I can't explain:

Slasher -6.47m
Rupture -30.3m
Eddi, Raxon: did you guys warp from the fight somewhere and were killed?

I happily called fleet to loot the field while Jojosh reported that he is tackled on the gate by few ships. In other cases, I would recommend FC to NOT do as I did, but even with a limited information, I decided to take a risk and called fleet to warp to Eddie. He was killed before we landed, but I believe Talos was pointed by Eddie so we did pay back :)
Exequror -37.31m
Capsule -37.84m
Talos +130.46m

I wanted to come back to the grid where we had a fight a minute ago while scout reported flashy Abaddon warping to the Rogue Swarm site.

BTW: I love CCP for this sort of events: it not only gives accelerators and money, it also give plenty of pvp content.

Nemesis -120.04m
Merlin -7.79m
Capsule -0.84m
Capsule +0.01m
Abaddon +523.7m

I believe we lost all our drones but killed Abaddon when he run out of cap.
Learning point:
1. Even brawly cruisers can very well shoot smartbombers: I was orbiting him at 5000m and barely was taking any shield damage
2. SBs: I believe you need to exempt yourselves from the fleet warp.

While we had a fight, Confessor landed 60km from us. I called for tackle on it, but Slasher is too squishy :(

Slasher -6.53m
Capsule +0.01m
@Eddie: not sure what was the way you were approaching that fessor, but hope tried to spiral towards him. Please don't accept this as a critisism, you did GREAT JOB today and due to your help as well I can call this fleet as EPIC.

We moved towards Tama, and spotted a non flashy gang of Vaga, few other ships, decided to engage anyway, but they also had a Bellicose ... I felt it is important to get it down first... but that let other ships go.
(21:15:59) Hikkoken, Nennamaila
Vexor +97.19m
Bellicose +69.83m

At some point 2 non flashy Thrashers landed on us. Decklin took the gate guns on himself and we got thrashers quite easily:
Thrasher +12.65m
Thrasher +12.67m

Don't remember this, but taking a credit :)
(21:28:51) Kedama
Caracal +33.04m

We had not much content in Tama and decided to move towards Kinakka, but Union reported few Macharials in Heydelis so we went that side.

While we were moving towards Heydelis, 1 scout was far ahead, another repping damage, I jumped ahead to see of we don't have camp on the other side.
Appeared to be a good move as I spooked a Vengeance, who jumped into Pyn.
I was thinking if we should engage. You ask: why hesitate? Because we were going for a bigger targets in Hey and taking fight meant at least 1 more minute delay, or even more.
But, I don't like to leave content aside and we caught Vengeance and get it down. Surprisingly, he had expensive pod and was not able to run away quickly. I guess I should thank Z0X for semi-instalocking Keres? :)
(21:43:48) Pynekastoh
Vengeance +65.43m
Capsule +2607.48m - kill of the day I guess :)

We did not find Macherials, but found a Raven. When we tackled it, he got backup in form of Hyperion, RattleSnake, Loki, Falcon, Talos.
First we primaried Hyperion, which I felt was not the best idea: they usually really tanky. After Decklin confirmed I switched primary to Raven.
Attack BCs are squishy, so once Talos landed we got him down. They got 2 exequrors on grid and we primaried them next.
Suprisingly, they were tanking. I still can't understand why even superblingy exequrors can hold DPS of almost a 10 cruisers... And that probably made me staying on grid longer than needed. Maybe they had Rattlesnake with Remore Armor Repair modules too?

Thanks again to Decklin: at some point he called, FC we are going to lose the half of the fleet, after which I called to align to the sun and warped fleet in 5 seconds after.
(21:57:30) Old Man Star
Blackbird -25.07m
Vexor -31.11m
Talos +126.15m
Thorax -36.38m
Thorax -48.08m
Exequror -29.88m
Vexor -20.65m
Thorax -23.21m
Merlin -9.56m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Slasher -6.54m

After that we jumped to HS (only 2 guys were flashy) and moved back home through HS.

Decklin in Deacon was pointed by Slasher, so we finished on a positive note:
(22:13:42) Uphallant
Slasher +10.41m

Even though some mistakes were made, I call it a great fleet. I don't track history, but I believe so far this is the fleet with biggest Kills and Losts :)

ISK Destroyed: 4,280,897,582.47
ISK Lost: 1,423,928,332.23
ISK Delta: 2,856,969,250.24
Efficiency: 75.04%
Budda Sereda

Re: [Brawly Cruisers] - 3 hours of ongoing fights

Post by Budda Sereda »

Ok, so what did I learn today.

1. I like about cruisers that you can overheat guns for quite a while and they don't burn.
2. Calling a brawly fleet, especially cruisers to anchor up is probably really bad idea; instead fleet should orbit the primary.
3. Don't rush to primary the nearest target, especially if it is tanky: consider picking up smaller things.
4. In the end (when we started moving to Kinakka, further to Heydelis) I was really tired, I did not want to admit and give up, but I was. I probably should have asked somebody to step up and FC further or just bring the fleet back

I should admit a very good execution from fleet members today:
1. I do feel fleet was very strict following primaries, don't remember I've noticed we ever split DPS
2. Good work from logies: I was saved few times, many people in fleet reported the same.

Thanks all for coming!

During fleet I was asked 2 questions, I did my best to answer them, but as we had quite a lot of engagement, I would like to comment on them here to make sure people did get a clear anwer.

1. Should I warp out if I'm taking damage?
There are prons and cons of warping out, they also depend quite significantly on a doctrine. Good idea is to ask FC before fleet on his preferences/recommendations.
Let's see few cases:
- If you are taking damage and you see that logies are holding reps, especially, if you are taking damage from guns on gate or station, then by warping away you reduce fleet's DPS, guns will switch focus on another ship with probably lower resistance, and if he does not broadcast on time or logies don't react super quickly there is a chance to lose another person. But in many more cases, the decision to warp away when you are taking gate guns fire is a right one. Just be mindful: if you are in a tanky ships and there are no hostile ships on grid that can immediately tackle you, you can stay a bit longer. This will prevent taking gate fire by another person (could be a squishy tackle) who is holding the prey on grid.
- If you are in a big engagement and especially have long range guns start aligning to celestial one taking damage, if you see logies don't hold - warp away. This way you will reduce fleet's DPS, but you would die anyway. Though if you bounce back you will bring DPS back and even if you are severely damaged you still can bring lots of gooddies. The only thing is: warping back to FC blindly is often a bad idea, especially in a kity format: fleet travels with high speed and if an opponent fleet is following, you will appear to be the nearest target and will be quickly primaried and killed. Good idea is to warp to tactical (you should make it while you are warping away), or just at range (though, you still can land near the opponents).
:) hope this is not too confusing? :)

2. Whom should I tackle during the fleet fight.
In 99% of cases you tackle primary. But also, in 90% of cases this is not really needed because FC holds primary.
In fleet fights, FC calls secondary and ternary targets.
Here is when fleet becomes interesting and requires pilots to think more than needed to just hit "F1". You need to have situational awareness and know what targets on the grid are pointed, which are not. What targets are good to hold with 'point' only, and which better have scram.
In some cases, you don't need to hold point at all: big fleet fight just started, you have a skirmish and nobody runs away. So, in this case, you do as you wish.
In some cases, FC calls "I need point|scram on XYZ", in this case somebody in fleet NEEDs to take initiative and land point or scram on a target. He should confirm "got point|scram on XYZ". This gives message to the rest of the fleet: that guys is tackled. If you hear that something get pointed, it is often a good idea to land also scram on him. Maybe web. Do as you believe reasonable and ask after fleet to confirm if you did right.
If FC does not hear confirmation he will repeat request. It can be that he can even call specific pilots names.
If you are a scout or primary tackle, usually your 2nd goal is to stay alive: as soon as fleet confirmed secondary point|scram on target you are holding you probably should pull the range from engagement up to 30-50-70 maybe even 100km - that's your cal. And when FC calls you to tackle something else - you will get back to the fight.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if more information is required.

P.S. I'm asking you guys please to let me know on my performance and share any feedback you have (both positive and negative), either here on forum on on the FCC feedback form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

P.P.S. My next fleet is going to be a Police Academy NPSI fleet: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=107870
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

First off, some criticism Budda. The start of the fleet felt super super rushed, and loud. I've no clue how many new players we had, where we were going, and I specifically remember not being able to talk to the logi wing almost at all until basically after the first fight. It felt like you were moving a frigate fleet. You slowed down a bit later on, which gave us a bit of breathing room, but the start felt super hectic.
Budda Sereda wrote: When Apostle appeared on gird, Damnation was in half armor, we scratched the hull when he eventually caught reps ... damn it.
Luckily, when we warped away, we only lost 2 ships. Dunno how did this happen. Maybe those guys where hunting for something big and had only poin on the Damnation? Strange.
To be fair, I've no clue how well we were applying damage on that grid. But out reps were holding super easily during that fight. We tried to communicate that.
Budda Sereda wrote:As we killed it, a gang of frigates and dessies (in total around 20 of them) jumped on us.
My first reaction was to run. As we were flashy we could not jump. I called to align to the sun, then anchor up on me, and primaried something... don't remember what that was... We started breaking it and I thought: what the heck, let's give them a fight.
I remember seeing T2 frigs landing, in a considerable number, and 40s left on the weapons timer. Prayed you wanted us to hold reps, buy time and jump through or cold warp us out of that grid. Instead we fought. Our reps were barely holding, but apparently I still had a T1 fit Aug in my hangars, and I thought it was a proper fit, and was flying that X_X, and died first. But say even if we could hold raw incoming dps and actually stabilize reps, they'd break through us once they start switching targets and we can't properly apply to them. One logi died first, cascade happened, and we lost it all.
Budda Sereda wrote:We reshipped in Ichoriya and I learned from scouts about engagement in Akidagi. I did assume it is Luca engaged with somebody and decided to join the party.
At this moment I believe I had only 2 solo Exequrors from logies, around 10 DDs, 2 ewars.

We warped to scout (Arashi, how could you survive? I guess you were just tethered? :) ), and started primarying logies, later, what was close by, came close to another group of cruisers (why did not they run away?), and dispatched that group as well.

That felt really cool:
I absolutely LOVED this fight (I don't wanna fly augs anymore, exeqs are awesome).

1. I mispositioned initially, and got my logi partrner Jojosh killed (was anchoring on me). I saw this a bit too late, but managed to move above the fleet and discourage further engagements. got into an awkward angle from the enemy fleet. Also aligned out, repped while alligned for the next 30-60s. They eventually leave me be and I can return to the fleet. I remain with around 75% armor on grid (with no other logi alive) when they disengage. I was prepared to bounce and return to grid if I had to (did not).

2. I started having both rep and target boardcasts visible, as well as both friendlies and hostiles visible (for a few weeks). This was one of those extended fights where I had a GREAT overview of how well we're doing. About 2-3 times as many target broadcasts than rep ones. We were definitely winning this one, and that was clear about 10-20% into the fight.

3. Heat management went great, mainly to maintain cap. Failed to heat hardeners earlier in a fight, so I wasn't about to drop the ball here. Also managed to repair a bit during cap booster reloads and ended the fight with around 70% heat for half my modules. Glad I heated the cap boosters as I ran out of charges by the end of the fight.

4. There were a couple of losses there that I had not noticed, I can still get better at noticing broadcasts while distributing reps.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Laser Skaron wrote:First off, some criticism Budda.
I always welcome constructive criticism!
Laser Skaron wrote:The start of the fleet felt super super rushed, and loud. I've no clue how many new players we had, where we were going, and I specifically remember not being able to talk to the logi wing almost at all until basically after the first fight. It felt like you were moving a frigate fleet. You slowed down a bit later on, which gave us a bit of breathing room, but the start felt super hectic.
We did have at least 2 relatively new players.
I do accept that we started and especially undocked in a bit of rush.
The only thing I can say as an excuse that we were hunting for flashy Machariels: if we let them chill too long, they would just leave.
I guess the thing to improve would be to take a pause after the engagement and check if we all are ready to continue.

I also felt I run fleet like it was a frigate roam. Was that too fast for all? I encourage people to provide this sort of feedback during the fleet so I adjust on the fly. Not that it's your responsibility, but why not?
Laser Skaron wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote: When Apostle appeared on gird, Damnation was in half armor, we scratched the hull when he eventually caught reps ... damn it.
To be fair, I've no clue how well we were applying damage on that grid. But out reps were holding super easily during that fight. We tried to communicate that.
No complaints on that from my side. I'm not suprised we had lost 2 ships. I'm surprised we did not lose 2-4 more: those guys should have points spread out and keep us on grid. Maybe what helped us to disengage is aligning before warping out? If they did not have scrams we just were much faster.
Laser Skaron wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote:As we killed it, a gang of frigates and dessies (in total around 20 of them) jumped on us.
I remember seeing T2 frigs landing, in a considerable number, and 40s left on the weapons timer. Prayed you wanted us to hold reps, buy time and jump through or cold warp us out of that grid. Instead we fought. Our reps were barely holding, but apparently I still had a T1 fit Aug in my hangars, and I thought it was a proper fit, and was flying that X_X, and died first. But say even if we could hold raw incoming dps and actually stabilize reps, they'd break through us once they start switching targets and we can't properly apply to them. One logi died first, cascade happened, and we lost it all.
Ok, 2nd time in a row I failed to keep d-scan under control.
Guys, please-please-please: do remind FC "spike in local", or "spike on d-scan".

Again, it took a bit of time to realize they had logies. Why? I guess because I'm not as good FC yet :/ Would I take the fight if I knew they have logies from the very beginning? Yes, but I would try breaking logies first, and try switching targets first. And NOW, having experience I've learned yesterday I would primary 1 deacon, and asked fleet to come close to the 2nd one, and not orbit it, but keep at range. This way we would have chance to break them...
Immediately after that fight, I felt down. Now I feel: it was a good fight and even though we lost, we probably should accept not each fight is a victorious one.
Laser Skaron wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote:We reshipped in Ichoriya and I learned from scouts about engagement in Akidagi. I did assume it is Luca engaged with somebody and decided to join the party.

That felt really cool:
I absolutely LOVED this fight (I don't wanna fly augs anymore, exeqs are awesome).

1. I mispositioned initially, and got my logi partrner Jojosh killed (was anchoring on me). I saw this a bit too late, but managed to move above the fleet and discourage further engagements. got into an awkward angle from the enemy fleet. Also aligned out, repped while alligned for the next 30-60s. They eventually leave me be and I can return to the fleet. I remain with around 75% armor on grid (with no other logi alive) when they disengage. I was prepared to bounce and return to grid if I had to (did not).

2. I started having both rep and target boardcasts visible, as well as both friendlies and hostiles visible (for a few weeks). This was one of those extended fights where I had a GREAT overview of how well we're doing. About 2-3 times as many target broadcasts than rep ones. We were definitely winning this one, and that was clear about 10-20% into the fight.

3. Heat management went great, mainly to maintain cap. Failed to heat hardeners earlier in a fight, so I wasn't about to drop the ball here. Also managed to repair a bit during cap booster reloads and ended the fight with around 70% heat for half my modules. Glad I heated the cap boosters as I ran out of charges by the end of the fight.

4. There were a couple of losses there that I had not noticed, I can still get better at noticing broadcasts while distributing reps.
Good to have positive things in feedback :)

Though, I'm surprised with your feedback on Exequrors. I do agree that MWD fit is great to pull the range, and even though I agree with you on benefits, there are also cons regarding usage of MWD and non-cap-chain logies:
1. Logies, especially with active tank, are very sensitive to neuts
2. If one logy is scrammed while others pull range he can eventually be out of range to get reps effectively
From the other side, if 1 logy stays out of range, opponents won't be able to switch primary effectively.
Laser Skaron wrote:One logi died first, cascade happened, and we lost it all.
Were you guys able to restore the cap chain and cascade happened just because the amount of effective reps got lower? Or the chain get broken and we could not repair at all?
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Budda Sereda wrote:
Were you guys able to restore the cap chain and cascade happened just because the amount of effective reps got lower? Or the chain get broken and we could not repair at all?
If you have barely enough reps with 5 logi ships, you will not have enough reps with 4 logi ships. #math.
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Budda Sereda wrote: Now looking into killmails I see two loses that I can't explain:
Slasher -6.47m
Rupture -30.3m
Eddi, Raxon: did you guys warp from the fight somewhere and were killed?
Fight at the Astrahus was about to wrap up while a worm was 60km out, so i went for tackle on it, hoping logi would be able to save me in time. Worm was more deadly than planned.
Budda Sereda wrote: but I believe Talos was pointed by Eddie so we did pay back :)
No idea who it was, but i cant take credit for that im afraid.
Budda Sereda wrote: While we had a fight, Confessor landed 60km from us. I called for tackle on it, but Slasher is too squishy :(

Slasher -6.53m
Capsule +0.01m
@Eddie: not sure what was the way you were approaching that fessor, but hope tried to spiral towards him. Please don't accept this as a critisism, you did GREAT JOB today and due to your help as well I can call this fleet as EPIC.
It wasnt the approaching that was the problem: i got point on him and went in a 20km orbit but he was still able to track me. Took him about 4 shots or so. What i shouldve done was go for a close orbit, but by the time i noticed beams, it was too late. In hindsight i shouldve started out with a close range orbit.

Generally i noticed a decline in me getting exploded when scouting the last few months. Not sure if thats increased experience or risk-averseness. Either way, i decided to be a bit more ballsy on this fleet, which showed :lol:
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Laser Skaron wrote:
Budda Sereda wrote:
If you have barely enough reps with 5 logi ships, you will not have enough reps with 4 logi ships. #math.
That's clear, the only question I have: how feasible is to restore the chain. I know the theory but never was in a fleet where my cap chain would be broken. If we reduced DPS significanly, would it be feasible for logies to stabilize?

Speaking about this, I realized: I should have called logies to anchor up on Logy LC and pull the range.
Eddie wrote:It wasnt the approaching that was the problem: i got point on him and went in a 20km orbit but he was still able to track me. Took him about 4 shots or so. What i shouldve done was go for a close orbit, but by the time i noticed beams, it was too late. In hindsight i shouldve started out with a close range orbit.
Slashers are squishy, if you did the right thing in a ceptor, I believe you would survive. I think :) Can you fly one?
And I would recommend to not expect logies to catch you unless the fight really finished. Another good thing is to get confirmation from FC that fleet is ready to engage: often you need a secondary quickly so you better have plan communicated.
Also, myself in particular: I'm very open for pilots initiative, so if you have the plan please go ahead and "check-check".

Are you able to determine opponents guns looking at the ship? Great skill, especially for the scout.
Eddie wrote:Generally i noticed a decline in me getting exploded when scouting the last few months. Not sure if thats increased experience or risk-averseness. Either way, i decided to be a bit more ballsy on this fleet, which showed :lol:
:)
Raxon Noseworthy

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

sorry i had an emergency i had to run to and only had time to warp away warped to sun and promptly died :( :cry:
Catbriar Saissore
Title: Freshman

Post by Catbriar Saissore »

This was my second fleet and it is all new to me. It certainly was an adventure. First I want to thank Laser for taking the time as we were assembling the fleet to set whisper up in Mumble and after fleet for sharing his expertise. Also I want to thank Space Warfare Development for sending a couple of new ships my way. I do want to contribute a recommendation which would be:
Yes, it did feel rushed at the start and loud. I certainly bear a significant level of responsibility for that. Laser and others were verbally explaining how to do something in Mumble which I was attempting to follow over the other voices in the channel. My recommendation would be:
(After a cursory examination of the UniWiki) When possible helping the new people, give them the link to the wiki. That gets them out of channel, provides a better explanation than can ever be done verbally and frees you to perform other tasks.