[ARR] 2018-01-01 Disaster punisher fleet

Union Pivo
Title: LSC Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

[ARR] 2018-01-01 Disaster punisher fleet

Post by Union Pivo »

Roam members (17) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Spoiler
Atticus Vex
Auric Fulcrum
Calder Ormand
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Guiliano Thellere
Harai Rex
Iskarr Jarak
Jax Renalard
Kora K
Lariox TheGreat
Laser Skaron
Prieblanda Anstianski
Sone Eto
Tika On
Union Pivo
Walleye Null
FC: Union Pivo

Mistakes were made. We didn't get single kill. Our scouts were bored during form up and killed CNI and a curor. I included it only since it's the only green on whole report :)

Roam started badly because of the incursion rats, and there was a confusion as to whats the best way to go, so a fleet was split and traveled by two different routes. I should have prepared better. It took us way to long to get to Aldernate and start roaming.

Kills and Losses
(18:49:59) Dastryns
Crucifier Navy Issue +57.35m
Capsule +0.01m

(19:05:42) Dastryns
Cruor +316.21m

(19:25:17) Oicx
Atron -6.47m

In Oicx we loose one of our scouts, to slicer.

(19:38:15) Akidagi
Slasher -7.16m

our second scout gone...

In the between we found balghorn at the sun, we warped at different ranges. When we landed on grid we saw he was fighting several cruisers. So i warped us off to nerbly plex to gather all of us together and warp back togeter. But balghorn was dead and cruisers warped of.
Some people though it would be best to just burn towards balghorn once we were on grid, but i didn't want people to be picked up one by one.

(19:43:20) Akidagi
Incursus -2.82m
Wolf -41.26m
Deacon -59.15m
Inquisitor -7.05m
Enyo -47.92m
Deacon -76.91m
Punisher -8.99m
Punisher -8.16m
Capsule -37.92m
Capsule -46.82m

Our fleet gone :(

So Decklin reported mixed fleet of flashys in Nenemalia. We were in Akidagi on the Nenemalia gate, when 6 harpys with with 4 kirins (i might have numbers slightly wrong) warps to us. I though thats a decent fight. They have more logi, we probably had slightly more DPS, so I fought that will be a fun fight. Than another 20 or so harpys and kirins jumped in. At this point all of us were agressed, we tried targeting their logi but we didn't make a dent. So I told fleet do de agress and either warp of or jump through. Some of us actually made it, but they killed most of our shinier ships.
I was webbed and scrammed most of the time, but at the end scram was gone and i was only webbed so i managed to get away. At that time I only had 12 sec weapon timer, so i might have made it even without somebody dropping the ball.

(20:07:44) Innia
Caldari Navy Hookbill -32.8m

We tried to reform, but we lost most of our logi, and then we lost our second scout.

(20:16:43) Martoh
Executioner -8.2m

Eddie scouted for us for a bit, but that also didn't went well.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 373,575,725.63
ISK Lost: 391,636,925.82
ISK Delta: -18,061,200.19
Efficiency: 48.82%

I will post some more thought on this after I see recording that Laser made.

I am sorry to all the people who lost their ships, it was the worst whelp i ever participated in.
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [ARR] 2018-01-01 Disaster punisher fleet

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Don't feel bad about my losses - I was just impatient and went for fights I shouldn't have (Atron vs Slicer, and Hookbill vs Cruor)
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Union Pivo wrote:I will post some more thought on this after I see recording that Laser made.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be uploading this one, there's a lot of annoying audio happening around my room and I don't exactly have time for video/audio editing right now.

Looking through the footage though, there's really not much on grid that would have changed our situation in any of the fights. Maybe during that Bahlgorn fight we could have picked 1-2 ships off before warping out and if there's any feedback there is that we probably bailed off a bit too quickly, didn't get to analyse the grid and played it safe. That is fine.
Union Pivo wrote:We were in Akidagi on the Nenemalia gate, when 6 harpys with with 4 kirins (i might have numbers slightly wrong) warps to us.
3 Harpies, 1 Merlin, 2 Kirins warped in on us initially. Stork decloaked right as they landed, I only saw him 15 seconds later as he activated his command bursts.

The fact that they had a command dessie rushing into brawl range messed up my piloting, instead of pulling range as I'd normally do, I got into brawl range in case he wanted to boosh so I wouldn't be separated from the fleet. I'm unsure if pulling range would have saved me, but staying close with what was about to land on us was certain doom.

We discussed after the fleet if deaggressing, just holding reps and jumping through the gate would have saved more of the fleet than having a few lucky unpointed pilots warp off. I know we tried to deaggress at some point, and that some of us died with 10-20 seconds on our weapons timers. I bet we could have saved 3-4 out of those 8 losses if we were prepared to execute that and did it sooner. I'm thinking "Warp off, warp off if you can. Everyone else: weapons cold x2, drones in x2, approach gate x2, weapons cold, drones in, approach gate. Logi buy time. Spam jump. As soon as your weapons timer expires jump through". I know I would not have been able to call that in your situation on grid, just in hindsight.
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

The call to scatter took a few valuable secs after the bulk of their fleet landed i think, but other than that: they just caught us very badly. Only thing that couldve prevented serious losses was knowing the harpies were part of a bigger fleet.

Also, dont feel bad about my losses. Part of the game. The condor wasnt my best decision to tackle in a paperthin executioner with fleet a bit far out. (Besides lack of sleep after NY eve :p)

For (hopefully helpfull) critique: id say, dont spent too much time getting newbros into doctrine ships at start. Doesnt impact much and is stressfull for both you and them. You sounded really tense after that and the incursion mess. Think we all shouldve recognized that and helped out for a better roam.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote:Don't feel bad about my losses - I was just impatient and went for fights I shouldn't have (Atron vs Slicer, and Hookbill vs Cruor)
Don't feel bad for mine either, I was way too tired to scout properly anyway. And don't sweat it when a fleet goes bad, you can't always win and have fun :)

My thoughs :
- During form-up, and during fleets in general, delegate. Unless I have ships pre-fitted, I always ask other people to help newbros to ship into something.

- Bhaalgorn / Russian at the sun : When you are confused about what to do, try to pull range if it's safe and think about your strategy. It's better than to warp off, because at least you're on grid and can react faster as FC. If it's not safe, warp off and ask for a ping to the scout. Regarding the engagement in itself, we arrived at the end just before the Bhaal escaped. The only option to not get murdered would have to burn immediately to the fight, and pick a side (not the Russian one :D). You can always say in local that you'll help the Bhaalgorn so it does not shoot you.
Walleye Null

Post by Walleye Null »

I had a ton of fun! Thanks for taking us out. I learned a lot and I appreciate your patience. Can't wait to go out and redeem ourselves!!