[AAR] Magic Merlins 27/12

Zeon Alabel
Title: Ensign, Frigates by the yard, Sophomore

[AAR] Magic Merlins 27/12

Post by Zeon Alabel »

Roam members (29) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Spoiler
Atticus Vex
Auric Fulcrum
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Gemma Solett
Genwhi Thellere
Hriday Sabir
Iskarr Jarak
Jeracho Dorne
Jonathan Wolf
Kaelph Audeles
Kirsi Isrik
Kora K
Kranamor Andedare
Kurl Schwenz
Lariox TheGreat
Monarch Guardian II
Muzzy Chuck
Raxon Noseworthy
Rebulah Conundrum
Rose Macabre
SMBEHJ
Seraphine Mara
SketchyManDan Williams
The Jojosh
Tolerin Escipion
Union Pivo
Xakoric Tzash
Zeon Alabel
I don't really remember the details on this one unfortunately. The video i was relying on to refer back to for writing this got corrupted by a system crash.

What I learned though I remember. :
1) While engaging annoying Gamurs that like to harass our fleet I should do a better job of keeping the fleet closer together to not allow the faster ship to pick us off one at a time.
2) On grid awareness need to improve by looking at the ships to see if anyone in the fleet is getting tackled so that fleet warps can happen without anyone being left behind.
3) At one point I had split the fleet in two to try and simultaneously engage two target at two separate plexes. My thinking was that we could at least get one target since we had already spiked the system and most likely ppl would be ready to warp off if we landed on grid. This fell apart as we ended up having three engagements when that aforementioned Gamur started harassing us and the comms got really confusing and all over the place. Will not be doing that again.

What worked.
1) I was a lot more at ease during this fleet than i was on my first. I had a better handle on fleet commands and keeping the fleet engaged.
2) People seemed to enjoy being in the fleet which of course is critical and I am grateful for having them attend.

What needs to be improved:
1) I got some feedback on taking too long to form up. I will need to address that the next time and undock on time.
2) Comms need to be better handled and especially during combats and giving instructions to scouts more specifically on the information i need reporting.

A special shout out to Eddie Dante who on multiple occasions during the fleet was our brave hero tackle and did an excellent job in finding and holding targets till the fleet could get on top of it. And also to our logi-bros who kept us alive on multiple occasions even under gate guns. You guys are the best.

Kills and Losses
(19:56:35Z) Melmaniel
Svipul +88.1m

(20:13:54Z) Abune
Merlin -7.86m
Condor -0.68m

(20:21:24Z) Hikkoken
Slasher -6.62m
Drake +261.45m
Incursus -0.72m

(20:31:00Z) Nennamaila
Slasher -7.23m
Slasher -6.7m
Burst -6.67m
Capsule -0.01m
Omen +41.31m

(20:48:38Z) Aivonen
Cynabal +221.9m
Burst -4.73m
Capsule -0.01m

(21:00:26Z) Innia, Martoh, Kinakka
Burst -8.12m
Merlin -10.34m
Merlin -6.59m
Naga +76.19m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

(21:12:26Z) Loes
Imicus -0.75m

(21:21:17Z) Vlillirier
Merlin -7.7m
Capsule -0.01m

(21:35:01Z) Agoze
This one I can't take any credit for because as soon as the scout had it tackled at the gate, even before the fleet could jump in Incursion Rats did the job for us. :D
Megathron +230.38m
Slasher -6.66m
Merlin -7.08m
After this point it was a small gang roam as I had ended the official fleet and we undocked again with only 8 ppl flying Merlins. Slashers and Condors.
(21:47:27Z) Dastryns
Vexor +17.81m

(22:47:15Z) Oulley
Merlin -5.91m

(22:58:32Z) Alparena
Tristan +5.16m

(23:19:44Z) Eha
Executioner -18.15m
Maulus Navy Issue +34.52m

(23:44:32Z) Martoh
Slasher -6.7m
Condor -8.17m
Merlin -10.16m
Capsule -0.01m

(23:58:43Z) Vlillirier
Kestrel -11.59m

(00:07:53Z) Ostingele
Maulus -1.29m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 976,847,237.3
ISK Lost: 150,488,769.32
ISK Delta: 826,358,467.98
Efficiency: 86.651%
Eddie Dante

Re: [AAR] Magic Merlins 27/12

Post by Eddie Dante »

Fun roam, bit messy at times but still fun!

Most remarkable encounters for me:
I found a drake outside a plex Hikkoken, Kora also did. When we landed the drake had a firetail friend with him. What ensued was a very intimate moment ( 8) ) where we were keeping point on the drake for what seemed like ages, while the fleet was wrapping up an engagement with a harbinger, one jump away. Eventually the firetail managed to scram and kill only me, fleet was warping in a sec or so later. Drake died :D

We first encountered the megathron in a rogue lair, when i warped in he was a 100km off and aligned. He started targetting me so i had to spiral in on him to avoid the alpha. Just as i got into overheated point range he warped. Made me very annoyed. Luckily, a bit later he landed (flashy) on a gate i was on while fleet was 2 jumps away. I followed him, hoping he would keep jumping and not warp to a station or so. When he jumped in Agoze i tackled him and a few secs later we both started taking heavy damage. Turned out agoze had an incursion and the rats at the gate were very nasty. So thats how i ended up with a solo kill on a megathron with a slasher :D

Other than that, mostly standard tackling. I was a bit indecisive in wether i should return to the fleet when the garmur was harassing us, since i would have been one of the few ships with high speed. Not sure what wouldve been best there.
Also one big mistake of me in getting tackle on a VNI at the small gang part: 8 frigs (incl. a few newbros i think) are not gonna kill that anyway, so that cost us some losses in martoh.