[AAR] Yuri's Ferox Farewell (Dec 16 1900)

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Yuri's Ferox Farewell (Dec 16 1900)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
We had a pretty decent going away fleet for a humble now-ex-unista. We terrorized Syndicate, I got to try out titan bridging for the first time and I hit 50% dangerous on ZKillboard. Not too shabby!

Feroxers
Spoiler
Ainmire Diurach
Alto DeRaqwar
Anna Iwaira
Arashi Shizukana
Ardes Atavuli
Argaroth Murdoc
Azalee Madeveda
Blind Scion
BlueFox04
Budda Sereda - Uni 2IC
Calder Ormand - 3IC
Corvidae Crowfoot - Cave 2IC
Crimson Herring - Scout
Dante Hilanen
Dgdsgy Foobar
DonBasuno Ichosira
EclipseWay
GoFur
Henchok Rin
Heraclyes Mandragoran
Imad Gratia
Ivan En'Vec
Jess Urolska
KPYTOE KOPOBO
Kirsid Tannaway
Kora K
Lanik Solette
Mongo the Mechanic
Mr Marvellous
Nunnery Michigan - Scout
Padraic Musbrandt
Raijin Naom
Raxon Noseworthy - Scout
Razer Thukkerkin
Rider Isleman
shaun 27
thesaboteur
Tsuwen Sun
Tyler Arnoux
Union Pivo
Vors Voorhorian
Yuri Levnik - FC
Z0X Ambrye - Scout
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
We formed up with my buddies from CAVE. All pilots in space with the fleet by 19:30 were rewarded with some insurance fraud and then we set out on our roam. Our plan was to see what was around in Syndicate and possibly fight 404 or CAS if they were around. We were initially very light on logi but managed to rustle up a few more logi boats an ended with a good fleet comp of almost 20 battlecruisers, 6-7 logi, a handful of Caracals, a command destroyer, three interdictors and various tackle.

We roamed up to Syndicate proper and caught a Hyperion who had been camping Reblier. We missed the boosh on the battleship but got a boosh on the pod, go figure. Don't take your implants out of low sec kiddos!
(20:04:00Z) 6-CZ49
Hyperion +344.9m
Capsule +540.08m

Ainmire got a Velator kill shortly thereafter...
(20:31:55Z) M2-CF1
Velator +0.05m
Capsule +0.01m

We decided to see if the Cavepeople could bait a fight out of 404 or the other residents of southern Syndicate. This turned into an extended waiting game for most of the fleet. The opfor had a Rorqual out briefly but I knew from Breeze's AAR that such things are not good targets for BCs and they docked it up anyway. Meanwhile, our CAVE buddies said they had a friend with a titan in [REDACTED] who could bridge us into the southern syndicate pocket. I took most of the fleet down to [REDACTED] where we kept at range on 1,000m on the titan and waited. For a while. Crow and the Cavepeople had tantalizing glimpses of opfor but alas, they never undocked anything worth catching.

Meanwhile, we moved a cyno up to [REDACTED] in eastern syndicate. After some trouble with a gate camp, the cyno got into position. There was various activity near FD- so I decided to move the fleet up there and get in on the action. Unfortunately, our CAVE buddy bait wing lost a pair boats to opfor on the way up );
(21:24:48Z) F67E-Q
Caracal -20.42m
Sabre -93.28m
Capsule -0.01m

We started off small in western Syndicate...
(21:32:01Z) FD-MLJ
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I +0.96m

I had some intel that CAS was going to undock a fleet from their staging in RF-GGF. As you may recall, I lost 8.4BN to them in an honorable welp for Devinnis Pollard's viking funeral. The fleet they were undocking was mostly small stuff - T1 cruisers with littler boats thrown in. We caught quite a few of them in bubbles and got some kills as they initially fought back but then thought better and scattered.
(21:39:17Z) RF-GGF
Exequror +30.08m
Vexor +33.87m
Vexor +31.98m
Atron +0.52m
Federation Navy Comet +23.44m
Ferox +58.82m
Catalyst +10.7m
Punisher +8.21m
Capsule +0.78m
Maller +38.01m
Celestis +33.88m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

We caught a pair of kitey T2 frigates elsewhere in the area. Really excellent tackling here - these ships are fast and hard to catch!
(21:48:58Z) 31-MLU
Keres +51.48m
Hyena +40.4m

A guy we already killed once made the mistake of undocking again without verifying that we had left the pocket...
(21:57:34Z) BMNV-P
Caracal +27.79m
Capsule +0.01m

We had been out in space for almost 3 hours so we headed back toward eastern Syndicate. We found an INIT gate camp on the way back. They scattered but I called a Gila and we caught it, plus a Caracal for bonus.
(22:04:44Z) FD-MLJ, X-BV98
Gila +268.59m
Caracal +23.31m
Capsule +0.01m

We had intel on a Sons of Bane fleet near MHC. We found them, but they mostly managed to evade us. We still picked up a Stiletto (again, great tackling by Z0x) and a Caracal.
(22:15:00Z) F67E-Q, MHC-R3
Stiletto +56.07m
Caracal +30.27m
Capsule +0.01m

We went for one last check on 6-C/Reblier and found a Myrmidon on the Reb side. He jumped through and we blapped him. However, I had communicated poorly with Z0x, who was in PVH looking for a VNI. He caught the VNI three gates deep in a combat site but we were in 6-C with weapons timers. What followed was a series of tackle handoffs as tackle pilots were able to get into systems and pick up tackle while others warped off to repair. We finally got the kill and Z0x was able to save his boat in structure - great work Z0x, as always (;
(22:23:38Z) 6-CZ49, PVH8-0
Myrmidon +47.81m
Capsule +0.01m
Vexor Navy Issue +83.97m
Capsule +0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,786,043,314.63
ISK Lost: 113,710,725.3
ISK Delta: 1,672,332,589.33
Efficiency: 94.014%
+1.25BN insurance fraud...

Thoughts on the fleet:
  • -You can wreck just about anything you can find in Syndicate with Feroxes. Nobody seemed interested in undocking caps and everything subcap was unable to withstand our wrath. Our only losses were from when we left our caracal bait buddies hanging with no support from the rest of the fleet.
    -Titan bridging is cool! I am glad I got to try that out.
    -We saw some truly excellent tackling on this fleet. Z0x got shout outs already for his interceptor flying, and all of my interdictor pilots did an excellent job of throwing bubbles to keep targets from getting away. FC loves good tackle! Fleet loves them sweet killmails!
    -Flying with CAVE was a good time (;
    -I had fun!
Thanks to everyone who came out! I'm off to Perrigen Falls and Decompression Theory - y'all fly safe and/or dangerously, whichever suits you, and drop me a line via Alumni slack from time to time. I have clones in Boystin - Gravity Well and Uphallant for future adventures (;

Peace out,
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Yuri's Ferox Farewell (Dec 16 1900)

Post by Budda Sereda »

Yeah, good tackle/scout pilot makes a half of the fleet success. Kudos to Z0X!

Regarding fleet: personally, I hate waiting. Going for the fleet which supposed to have an arranged fight and ending up sitting and waiting was ... discouraging. I understand we were not able to get an arranged fight, but instead of waiting for hunters to catch/bait I prefer we roam.

Honestly, while waiting I was thinking "that's going to be my last roam in syndicate", but... as soon as we jumped we got so much content... So, Syndicate is not completely boring, there is a potential for fights.

And I should admit Yuri's performance as FC: it was nice, calm, and professional. Well done!

Yuri, I'm sad you are leaving: you were a good person to fly with and become a good FC. I wish you the best in your new corp! Come and give us a visit time-to-time: even 40 jumps are not too far, especially, if you travel in T3D stuff ;)
Raxon Noseworthy

Re: [AAR] Yuri's Ferox Farewell (Dec 16 1900)

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

ty Yuri for your knowledge and fleets good hunting :)