FCC Feroxes - Doomsday Sunday (and still ISK+)!

Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

FCC Feroxes - Doomsday Sunday (and still ISK+)!

Post by Breeze One »

Well....there was content!

I am legitimately awful at wormhole scanning, but I did my best, and after (like literally) 2 hours, I had a 2 hole connection into....Delve. Yes, Goonswarm space. I'm well aware of what happens to fleets here. You drop on a juicy ratting or mining capital, they counter drop with bigger ships. But...who can really say no such juicy targets? Plus our other option was just go to Syndicate. I put it to a vote, and the people said Delve. So, we "plopped" into Delve...

Fairly quickly, we found a Rorqual. We decided to bubble it. We decided to shoot at it. It tanked our shooting. Really, really well - as in, it didn't even activate panic mode :D

I vastly overestimated our DPS here - we had no chance of breaking the Rorqual, and all the while we waited for the inevitable response fleet. JUST as I announced we'd leave, the response drop arrived. Cyno Rapier - we shot it as we burned out of the bubbles they dropped, then shot their Sabre to stop the bubbles. Unfortunately something happened here...people got unanchored from me - I and some others were burning in one direction out of the bubbles, while the rest of the fleet was burning 90 degrees in another direction...Not sure what happened, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just pilot error as everyone had been anchoring beautifully up until then :?

Sadly that confusion cost us half the fleet as they landed a Titan to support their 3 Supercarriers, and Doomsdayed half our fleet who were still in bubbles, while the ones who were anchored on me warped off. First time Doomsday! Yey!

(17:01:01Z) 8F-TK3
Claw +46.41m
Rapier +289.65m
Ferox -82.89m
Osprey -17.23m
Sabre +95.65m
Sabre -124.91m
Ferox -87.94m
Ferox -81.13m
Ferox -88.1m
Ferox -80.96m
Ferox -79.11m
Ferox -82.21m
Ferox -85.97m
Ferox -80.08m

We limped back into Stacmon through my (awfully bookmarked) wormhole chain, but decided to still head out again. Feroxes arent the best idea for Low Sec, or for ganking event site runners...but we'd give it a go anyway!

Not much to say on these, except scouts did a fantastic job catching and holding all of these, with no losses, while we did the murdering. Great job guys!

Vexor +36.18m
Vexor +38.55m
Cynabal +237.94m
Curse +438.97m
Merlin +28.96m
Vexor +35.31m
Vexor +39.9m
Bellicose +32.78m
Prophecy +148.39m

Eventually, we encountered a decent sized T3D fleet, which I stupidly engaged. We only had, I think 6 Feroxes and a couple of Logi anyway, but they booshed half our fleet off, and I also massively overestimated how well we could apply to them up close. I thought we'd kill the Stork and a few more, but we really couldn't land a shot. Didn't help we'd mostly left our drones in Delve. It was a silly choice to engage the way we did. I kind of had half a plan, then changed my mind mid way. Half asleep FC.

Cormorant +2.92m
Ferox -84.44m
Ferox -81.22m
Osprey -20.78m
Ferox -123.81m
Osprey -17.5m
Osprey -21.18m
Ferox -79.9m

After that the 2-3 ships left kinda went home. Sorry we lost so many in the Rorqual fight, the response fleet was expected, but the issue with anchoring kind of lost us more people than it should have. Still fun to shoot big stuff. Sorry about the last fight, that's just on me and making bad choices.

Plenty of content though, and plenty of learning! First time FC'ing Feroxes and learned quite a few things about how I FC which I need to adjust for them for next time...

Oh and I should learn to Bookmark :D

SOMEHOW ISK Positive!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,471,608,121.63
ISK Lost: 1,335,494,781.29
ISK Delta: 136,113,340.34
Efficiency: 52.424%
Spoiler
Roam members (27) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Aeryn Tzun
Athelstan1
Azalee Madeveda
B'aldrick Aivoras
Baro Gaar
Breeze One
Brookie Achasse
Calder Ormand
Decklin Quark Reiger
Dgdsgy Foobar
DonkeyPunch Udan
Eddie Dante
Imad Gratia
Jax Renalard
Kirsid Tannaway
Kontxesi Buchanan
Kora K
Maximus Hert
Padraic Musbrandt
Ra'zok Zateki
SketchyManDan Williams
The Jojosh
Troven Smalvard
Union Pivo
Zana Fehrnah
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
ashahara
Last edited by Breeze One on 2017.12.10 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: FCC Feroxes - Doomsday Sunday (and still ISK+)!

Post by Budda Sereda »

Something told in my head it is at 19, but in fact was at 16.. :( looks I missed lots of fun
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Yup, content everywhere! :D And finally a fleet where i felt i was getting in the flow of things again. Except for that Vigilant, apologies for any profanity there ;) Lesson of the day: concentrate on getting tackle first, comms second. Rorqual fight was fun too! Eve uni has a nice tradition of having very low dps though... Probably nothing to do with our low skills and experience 8)

Also, apparently I managed to kill a stabbed cormorant using nothing but a single warp disruptor. Highlight of my Eve career. :lol:
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

snap Eddie's back,
good catches all over the places! nice to be off the reins to wander ( not that zoomers ever listen to FC's anyway, just gotta go fast :P )

forgotten about event site tackling from last time and having to halo above the structure and not orbit the target to avoid crashing and scratching the paint until i landed at the first one.
So free pointer for those who were discussing scout/tackling in the FCC class the other night.
sad times i think they are down now until the next event :(
that said, also remember what ship your in, we nearly lost the curse because i got my ranges a little off. Kora for the insta save.
On that note good comms on second points/scrams to allow for bug outs and calling who was tackled and who wasn't yet when we had multiple targets on grid i thought?

ditto on tackle and comms, lost the untehtered lachesis by a second because hitting push to talk :fluttercry:
you'll have to have kids then you will learn the secret PG comms swearing lol
ImageImage ImageImage
Zeeba Eatah

Post by Zeeba Eatah »

No soundtrack?
No gifs?

7/10 AAR
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Thou must describe in detail the glorious doomsday, more drama!