[Small Gang Thursday] III - Visit Horde in their new home 2

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[Small Gang Thursday] III - Visit Horde in their new home 2

Post by Budda Sereda »

As part of https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=107273 and https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=107364 I took another fleet of kiting self-rep cruisers into C4C - new Horde home.

TBH, I screwed engagement, but I'm sure I've learned the lesson. I do want to come back and do this once again in a small gang, a bit later.

We formed up a fleet of 8: ceptor scour, Keres, Antitackle RLML Caracal, DD: 2 Caracals (HM) and 3 Omens
Spoiler
Barrett Chanlin
Budda Sereda
Harai Rex
Lucius Septimus Severus
Phaethonx Brutor
Rider Isleman
Trevor Grambling
Will Musana
Wokum
Plan was to exercise kiting against overwhelming forces. So quickly went into Horde space not trying to look for low-space content at all. The only exception we made to wait for Phaethonx who was a bit late. The only change to plan was to attend 7RM first, to see what type of activity was over there. There were few PvEers left and we caught a rigless Myrmidon, which got an expensive kill due to overpriced accelerators:

(04:01:37Z) F-NMX6
Myrmidon +315.65m

We spent quit a bit of time until moved into C4C and when we found the content we were already followed by scout. Till that time I was a bit tired already and reacted improperly to the situation.

TBH, I don't remember much details on intel, but we spotted a small gang, and I called to primary Stabber and pulled fleet from the gate at 50km.

(04:27:06Z) L-C3O7
Caracal -37.32m
Stabber +17.38m

It looks like Wokum was also caught.

Quite soon after that, things escalated very quickly: we get a BUNCH of stuff on grid, including fast small things.
My expectation was that we will stay at range and have enough time to kill coming tackles so we can disengage at range. Though this did not happen. We were killed 1 by 1.

Omen -61.99m
Omen -53.38m
Keres -55.38m
Caracal -39.92m
Capsule -47.78m
Omen -242.92m - :) don't pickup expensive loot in the nul-sec roam :) we should have consumed those accelarators :)

After been killed I came back in a pod and tried to coordinate and kill small things and we succeeded to kill a Condor :)

(04:34:21Z) L-C3O7
Condor +4.63m
Caracal -51.02m
Stiletto -41.85m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.75m
Capsule -0.01m

That was a quick fight and I almost enjoyed it, the only thing is we lost fleet, but killed pretty much 1 cruiser.

It was still early, so I offer to have a small roaming in low sec in a kitchen sink small brawly stuff. While people were coming back I found Confessor ratting event sites. He agressed me first, but clearly was not ready for PvP.

(04:47:02Z) Dastryns
Confessor +77.82m

I went to station to repair damage, he did the same. He was flashy so I engaged, but for some stupid reasons guns started shooting me... :(
(04:52:26Z) Dastryns
Hecate -65.5m

At this moment more people joined and Solo Artist switched into an Arbitrator. I thought that Hecate does not really care about being tracking-disrupted, went for tackle... but dies before reinforcements arrived :( Drones...
(05:05:02Z) Dastryns
Hecate -87.84m

Rider arrived... but looks like did the same understimation mistake:
Hecate -70.27m

At this moment, Artist get a friend in a Deimos. I made PvP ping to LSC and got Harai.
I was 99% sure he is blaster fit and I expected my Omen to be able to kite him and with 2-3 other DDs kill him. That would work if I did not hit 'Q' (approach) by accident.
(05:14:17Z) Dastryns
Omen -56.12m
Caracal -29.3m
Caracal -31.5m

I did not have other Omens and did not want spending a ton of time refitting, but wanted to do something cool against that Deimos. Though, I personally did not have BC or T2 to upship. So I combined quickly an AB verion of Scythe and we engaged again, we got 3 DDs and engaged again. This was really interesting and engaging fight. The moment I landed I was 70km out of the fight and saved our DDs just in armor :) Scythe has around 25km optimal + 40 falloff and lock range only 65km :) I also needed to warp out twice so Deimos does not catch me... Was cool and exciting, not kills though.

In the end, Harai found 1v1, but lost.
(05:48:39Z) Iges
Rifter -13.73m

Was interesting and full of events fleet, though very ISK negative :)

ISK Destroyed: 99,838,309.78
ISK Lost: 986,574,764.16
ISK Delta: -886,736,454.38
Efficiency: 9.19%

Hope you guys enjoyed it and will come next Thursday. https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=107555 this time it is going to be slightly different :)

Ceptor and Keres pilots got extended SRPs from FC.

P.S. Please fill-in the FCC feedback form: https://goo.gl/forms/W6OTiwPMD2Lu1lmL2
Budda Sereda

Re: [Small Gang Thursday] II - Visit Horde in their new home 2

Post by Budda Sereda »

So what did I learn from here?

I guess I will focus on the nul-sec part.

Don't engage things sitting on the gate. even 50-60km is not enough. Try to start engagement at 100km. How? Don't jump into big fleet yourself, made them jump to you. Have better intell.
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

From my experience of fighting in Horde space, you need to bring a lot of anti-support if you want to survive on grid long enough. A single RLML Caracal can't deal with the horde of small tackle they typically bring to a fight.

Another thing is to move quickly and try to draw them as far away as possible from their staging. Unless you have a decent fleet enough that could take their numbers head on, you don't want to linger too long in their space. Try to force a skirmish then quickly get out before the mighty blob catches on to you. Hanging around in Horde space in 5 t1 cruisers with obvious scouts watching you is generally not a very good idea.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Glasi Vookto wrote:From my experience of fighting in Horde space, you need to bring a lot of anti-support if you want to survive on grid long enough. A single RLML Caracal can't deal with the horde of small tackle they typically bring to a fight.

Another thing is to move quickly and try to draw them as far away as possible from their staging. Unless you have a decent fleet enough that could take their numbers head on, you don't want to linger too long in their space. Try to force a skirmish then quickly get out before the mighty blob catches on to you. Hanging around in Horde space in 5 t1 cruisers with obvious scouts watching you is generally not a very good idea.
Yeah, I guess so.
Thanks.