Kontxesi Buchanan - vanguard
Marn Vermuldir
Sebastian Thielman
Sone Eto - Scout
Spocknroll - Scout
SteveHarrington
Wokum
Hey guys!

This was an impromptu roam that LSC put together for NATZ. It started out small, but eventually grew to include 12 pilots at its largest. Overall, this roam lasted about four hours(!), with lots of people coming and going, and yours truly being the only pilot to stick around for the whole time. Shoutout to Sone Eto for organizing this roam and getting things rolling.

The roam got started in Stacmon with three pilots (myself, Sone Eto, and SteveHarrington) flying in T1 brawly frigates. Things were pretty quiet for the first few jumps, with nothing on dscan but people running FW plexes with stabs fit. Sone decided he desperately wanted to kill one of these plexers, and so went and refitted into dual scrams. He went and tested out his new anti-stab fit on one of the local plexers in Frarie. Test success.

Punisher +1.55m

At this point the fleet was fairly disorganized, and our scouting mostly consisted of me and Sone hopping into whatever system we liked that was vaguely on the way to Nennamaila. In Eugales an Incursus slid into me at a plex, and I had to fight to save my life. Unfortunately, he went down before the rest of the fleet arrived. He was a good sport, so we let his pod go.

Incursus +12.64m

Around the time I killed the Incursus, Wokum and Cyus Erata joined us. Wokum died once bravely shooting a non-flashy thrasher on a gate, and then again going for tackle on an Omen at my (ill-advised) urging.

Merlin -11.38m
Punisher -8.23m

We eventually made it into Nennamaila. We found a Tristan at a plex, but he was too fast for any of us to catch. Cyus was in a griffin, and managed to keep him jammed, but we couldn't get point on him, so we eventually gave up and let him be. In Akidagi, SteveHarrington got caught on the sun and blapped by a small gang, although I don't quite remember what happened there.

Tristan -7.59m
Capsule -0.05m

As we moved into the area around Reitsato, Calder, Kontxesi, Jim, and Marn joined fleet. Coaxster also joined around this time, and brought two non-uni buddies with him, Sebastian and Daminion. The rest of us held in Kedama, Reitsato, and Nisuwa to let the newcomers catch up. We found a Stabber warping around Kedama, and chased him for a while. He was faster than most of our frigs, and we could never establish point on him. Wokum died (heroically) twice more chasing the Stabber. However, after the newcomers finally arrived in Kedama, we managed to catch and kill a Fed. Navy Comet.

Merlin -11.4m
Punisher-7.08m
Federation Navy Comet +35.51m

After the fun in Kedama, Spocknroll joined fleet and started flying up to join us. With all the new arrivals, I decided we needed to establish some sembalance of order in the fleet, and gathered everyone up on a Citadel in Hirri. Sone became the scout, and we started moving and acting like a proper fleet. We headed over to Hikkoken, and Sone found a Thorax sitting alone outside a plex. He established point, and the rest of the fleet promptly dogpiled in. A Moa landed on grid shortly after we did, and I called for someone to grab point on it. However, as we worked on the Thorax, more and more cruisers landed on grid with us, until there were far more cruisers than our fleet could realistically handle. I called scatter as soon as the Thorax went down, but one of the pilots who was the last to leave grid told us that the cruisers were actually shooting each other! Naturally, we warped back in the hopes of third partying, but all we found was a lone Moa looting the field, who we promptly killed. We lost two frigates in the scrum, but got three cruiser killmails (the first Moa was killed by the other cruiser gang, but some of our pilots got on the km so I'm counting it), and I'd call that a good trade.

Thorax +33.75m
Moa +39.96m
Moa +36.37m
Federation Navy Comet -26.64m
Incursus -9.98m

After that fight in Hikkoken, we tried to head back to Nennamaila, but got mixed up with another fleet on the gate. The fleet got split up, we lost a few ships to a Garmur, and Calder got caught out of position by another gang, unfortunately losing her training clone. After those initial losses, Coaxster did a good job gathering up the part of the fleet trapped in Nennamaila, and we were able to regroup and move on.

Kestrel -7.41m
Tristan -13.27m
Federation Navy Comet -38.94m
Capsule -39.47m

We then went to Akidagi, and found a couple of Assault Frigates sitting in a plex. Lucky for us, they were sitting at zero. They died pretty quickly, although we did lose one of the vanguard in the process.

Jaguar +51.35m
Vengeance +43.91m
Capsule +19.38m
Atron -7.49m

After Akidagi, we made our way to Kinakka, and our scout found a Punisher sitting at a plex. He went for tackle, and I sent the fleet in. We landed at the same time as another Punisher and a destroyer gang consisting of two Cormorants and a Jackdaw all sitting at range. I called scatter to avoid any losses to the kitey dessies, but not before noticing that they were in line to a celestial. I called for the fleet to bounce off that celestial, and warp back to the plex at range. We landed right on top of the Jackdaw, and quickly nuked it before scattering again, we lost a frigate in the process, and probably could've caught one of the Cormorants if I hadn't been so skittish, but a Jackdaw kill is still pretty good.

Jackdaw +70.17m
Slasher -6.95m

Back in Nennamaila, our scout spotted a Harbinger Navy Issue and a Flycatcher alone at the Rouge Swarm Lair. I was nervous, but the fleet wanted to go for it, so I sent vanguard in and they all went for tackle. Unfortunately, it was bait, and while the rest of the fleet was in warp to the Lair a bunch of the HNI and Flycatcher's buddies showed up, killing our scout and vanguard.

Atron -5.03m
Condor -17.31m
Merlin -7.99m
Capsule -0.01m

With our primary scout podded and back home in Stacmon, Spocknroll took over as scout. I sent him into Hikkoken, but the vanguard of a Cal Mil cruiser fleet landed on the gate right as he warped of. Cal Mil jumped into us, and killed a few of us before we could get away.

Dramiel -140.40m
Federation Navy Comet -23.86m
Incursus -13.1m

A smartbombing Maller on the Ichoriya gate in Akidagi caught myself and Wokum as we tried to get through, but the rest of the fleet got through fine shortly after.

Capsule -0.01m
Caldari Shuttle -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

With the FC podded and back home in Uphallant, Jim Electron stepped up and served as 2IC as I made my way back to the fleet. While the fleet was regrouping in Ichoriya, several people called it a night, and the rest of us reshipped into cruisers. Unfortunately, not everyone had a cruiser on hand, and we only ended up with four cruisers as part of the fleet, mostly Caracals. With Jim as 2IC and Spocknroll as scout, the fleet headed back out while I made my way to rejoin them. On the Pynekastoh gate in Hikkoken, the fleet was attacked by a Hyperion. We struggled to break their tank, even as they had no problem breaking ours, and by the time I had rejoined the fleet to call the shots, we were down to only one cruiser on grid, so I called scatter. Oh well.

Caracal -84.84m
Caracal -31.23m

Daminion lost an oh-so-shiny pod to the same Maller smartbomber on the Ichoriya gate in Akidagi.

Capsule -500.16m

Our final engagement of the night was with a Black Rise Matters cruiser gang on the Oinasiken gate in Pynekastoh. I definitely made a bad call here, as I called for the fleet to shoot the Scythe Fleet Issue even though I knew he had a friendly Curse on the other side of the gate. Kontxesi got tackled and quickly went down, but the rest of us got out unscathed. Sorry, Kontxesi.

Caracal -15.60m

After that, the last few of us remaining made our way back to Stacmon. Spocknroll did an excellent job scouting, but things were pretty quiet, and we didn't find anything else to kill/ be killed by.

Final Stats:
ISK Destroyed: 344,635,686.91
ISK Lost: 1,054,944,523.66
ISK Delta: -710,308,836.75
Efficiency: 24.624%

As far as my own performance as FC went, I think I did a passable job, only making a few glaringly bad calls. The call to attack the SFI toward the end of the roam was, as previously mentioned, not well thought-out; I knew that our diminished fleet wouldn't be able to kill anything while being neuted out by a Curse, and I simply should've called scatter as soon as the SFI started poking us. On a more general note, I think I let my inexperience as FC show a bit much by verbally expressing my indecisiveness and uncertainty (calling one primary, only to immediately call another, forgetting the names of locations, failing to clearly enunciate while giving orders, etc.).

Overall, despite our horrendous ISK efficiency, I would call this fleet a success. I made it clear from the start that I didn't particularly care about ISK efficiency, and I got what I asked for: people flew shiny ships and shinier pods, and got blown up in them. This was a slapdash lowsec roam put together for enjoyment and content and, although we didn't always walk away from fights with nice killmails, there was no shortage of action for most of the roam. As said in the beginning, this was a tremendously long roam, and I was present for almost all of it. I'm sure there's parts I don't remember (I think we lost a griffin at some point, but I couldn't find the killmail), so feel free to add on or correct me in comments. Thank you all for joining, and happy hunting! o7
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: LSC roams Black Rise: ISK Efficiency is for Nerds Edition

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Harai Rex wrote:
Our final engagement of the night was with a Black Rise Matters cruiser gang on the Oinasiken gate in Pynekastoh. I definitely made a bad call here, as I called for the fleet to shoot the Scythe Fleet Issue even though I knew he had a friendly Curse on the other side of the gate. Kontxesi got tackled and quickly went down, but the rest of us got out unscathed. Sorry, Kontxesi.

Caracal -15.60m
Hahaha, quickly. I had time to angrily throw my headset on the desk and go get a drink. I came back and they hadn't finished with me yet. I know we do the "hold so the rest of the fleet can get on the kill" thing, but mother of god, I hate being on the other end of that.

Other than that call, everything went pretty well. If we knew they had friends on the other side of the gate, we should have scattered once they started shooting then warping off and back again. Or I should have, at least. You guys might have been able to jump through and warp off before you got tackled, but I'd've been too slow.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SteveHarrington
Title: Events Staff, Sophomore

Re: LSC roams Black Rise: ISK Efficiency is for Nerds Edition

Post by SteveHarrington »

I had fun and actually made isk. Most of the loss on my Tristan was loot I had gathered while on the fleet.
Want to bring a drake? Just join my fleets there is a 99% chance of a yes.