[FLEET] Solitude Caracal Cacophony (0100 8 DEC)

Crimson Herring
Title: Solitude Staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

[FLEET] Solitude Caracal Cacophony (0100 8 DEC)

Post by Crimson Herring »

Fleet Members:
Spoiler
Blind Scion
Castor Udan
Crimson Herring - FC
Dgdsgy Foobar
Gunman Aldent
Hillybilly Hinken - Logi FC
Kirsid Tannaway - Logi
Kontxesi Buchanan
Nunnery Michigan - Scout/Tackle
Phaethonx Brutor
Raxon Noseworthy
Staberinde
Sturym - Scout/Tackle
Tom Endares
Yrgrasil - Scout/Tackle
Yuri Levnik - 2iC
Originally I was planning on a roam through Solitude low-sec, trying to catch some of the many people running the current event sites, but as we were forming up I was convoed by Yrgrasil who had a more enticing target for us: A Machariel had interuped him as he was running a DED site in 35-RK9. After some deliberation we decided those who could would reship into Feroxes, as 6 cruisers was probably too little to engage with. We picked up some people from NSC, bringing more tackle, and set off toward 35-RK9, where the Machariel was still popping up on DScan. As we were en route, Yrgrasil caught a Crusader in 35-.

(01:35:53Z) 35-RK9
Crusader +51.22m

Two systems out in VV-VCR, scouts ran into a neutral from the same corp, who could probably warn the Machariel pilot of an approaching fleet. I had the two tackle/scouts still with the fleet scout through VV- and IIRH-G and reinforce Yrgrasil who was in a Hawk. After confirming the route was clear and Yrgrasil had tackle, I took the fleet through the two systems as fast as possible. Due to a misunderstanding on my part, I did not realize we had to slide two acceleration gates to get to the Machariel, and we arrived just as Nunnery's Stilletto went down, preceded by Sturym and Yrgrasil. We had someone with a point, but unfortunately the Machariel MJDed away and escaped.

(01:45:14Z) 35-RK9
Crow -45.88m
Hawk -58.1m
Stiletto -39.15m

At this point we made the best of the situation and finished off the site, finding a Vigilant Blueprint in the process. We then headed back to PC9 to reship back into Caracals, drop loot and take a quick break.

Upon resuming, I took the fleet back up to Soli low-sec to try hunting site runners, but we found very few people in space, except a lone ratting Talwar

(02:37:39Z) Elore
Talwar +1.89m

We kept going until we hit Arson Industries / Filthy Peasant turf in Anckee and Vevelonel, where our scout found a VNI. Before we could go after it though, Filthy Peasants started forming a formidable response fleet. We made a brief attempt to fight it, but after its only Caracal warped off, we were left with a couple of Cerberuses (Cerberi?) that out-kited, out-ran, and likely out-DPSed our fleet. I made the call to breakoff and retreat into Anc, to see if we could force a more favorable fight on the gate. An Ares followed us through, but did not engage, and it seemed like more Arson Industries characters might be logging on, so we continued retreating through Conomette, where they briefly agressed us on the outgate, but we
jumped though to Y9G. I did have to leave two people behind when they were tackled, but both were able to get away and either get to a safe or return to high-sec another way.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 53,113,273.97
ISK Lost: 143,129,839.34
ISK Delta: -90,016,565.37
Efficiency: 27.065%

What went well:
-We managed to track something down and kill it
-We escaped a scary Cerberus fleet
-The fleet stuck together pretty well.

What could have been better:
-We lost some very shiny ships trying to tackle a Machariel. If we had caught it, it would have been worth it, but my inexperience with gated sites meant I did not give the fleet enough time to reinforce the tackle.
-The retreat from Filthy Peasants was a little slow, partially due to some indecision on my part. If it had been a little more decisive, they probably would not have been able to separate anyone from the fleet.
-Being more decisive and concise on comms in general. I felt like it took me too long to come to decisions and also to say some things.
-I should probably remember to have people recall their drone before calling a warp, if I have the time.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and special thanks to Yuri, for providing some much needed experience, and my logi pilots. Special thanks as well to the selfless tackle pilots who sacrificed their shiny ships for the chance to bring down a faction battleship.
Dgdsgy Foobar
Title: Sophomore

Re: [FLEET] Solitude Caracal Cacophony (0100 8 DEC)

Post by Dgdsgy Foobar »

Don't forget the Vigilant BPC we recovered! I have donated it to solitude campus.
Raxon Noseworthy

Re: [FLEET] Solitude Caracal Cacophony (0100 8 DEC)

Post by Raxon Noseworthy »

ty for fleet :)

yah if you dont get point and web right away those ships can get up and move we seem to run into that gang also a lot maybe we can develop something with ewar that will negate their advantage