Seraphine Mara
Sone Eto (vanguard/prober)
Sturym
The Jojosh
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Yuri Levnik
Zeon Alabel
The fleet undocked with nearly 40 frigates! I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout. Thanks again for coming out guys.

We headed through a few systems with nothing in space, until one of the scouts reported a Stabber at a plex. I called the fleet to get to the plex and we blobbed the stabber until it was no more.

(18:39:58Z) Frarie
Stabber +27.71m

The fleet remained in Frarie, while I got my bearings. Crimson reported a gang of cruisers in the next system, Mochlinamaud, but before he could communicate their size they spiked into Frarie, while we sat on the Moc gate flashy. I called for the fleet to jump into the next system, but unfortunately, Jax was naughty and tackled one of the cruisers before I called to jump.

(18:42:07Z) Frarie
Republic Fleet Firetail -32.01m

We jumped a few systems dodging the cruiser gang and a Kora spotted a Broadsword and Omen at a plex in Renarelle. The Broadsword was outside while the Omen sat inside. Kora slid, tackled the Omen while the fleet was landing. Kora had to bounce, so we engaged the Broadsword. At some point the Omen warped back to the plex and we engaged it outside also.

(18:45:45Z) Renarelle
Broadsword +489.97m
Omen +51.27m
Capsule +19.2m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant +0.01m

Kora was roaming a few systems ahead of the fleet at this point when he spotted an Algos and Huginn at a Medium Outpost in Oicx. I called for the vanguard to jump through and spread tackle while the fleet waited in the previous system. While the scout/vanguard was in warp, Vlillirier had a local spike, but we jumped to Oicx before we could see the source. In Oicx, the vanguard killed the Algos before the fleet got to the plex, but I called for the fleet hold DPS and most of the fleet got on the Omen.

(18:55:14Z) Oicx
Algos +17.44m
Huginn +313.55m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

The peeps from Vlillirier came into Oicx and I called for the fleet to sit in the plex in hopes that they'd slide into us. Seven Exequrors slid into the plex and we primaried one of the Exeqs, the reps were strong and after switching targets, we managed to get one down. I called for EWAR to be spread amongst the enemy fleet, but we had no luck breaking the reps of the other ships. I greatly underestimated the DPS of our fleet and called for the fleet to scatter once we were making no dent in the Exequrors. Unfortunately, we lost a few ships during that engagement, including the FC and 2iC. Afterwards, I called for Kora to lead the fleet to Ichoriya for a break. Raxon spotted a Stabber at the sun, but the fleet didn't land close enough to nab him.

(18:57:06Z) Oicx
Griffin -0.56m
Atron -5.62m
Exequror +24.67m
Atron -9.22m
Atron -2.55m
Tormentor -10.05m

During the break, Union and Kora found a Bellicose in the next system, Akidagi. I called for the fleet to undock a little early and most of the fleet wasn't in place by the time the Bellicose was tackled. So I waited a little too long to call for the vanguard to jump and we lost Union before the fleet could catch up and save him. Since the fleet was strung out I called for us to bounce to a celestial once we landed at the plex.

(19:20:25Z) Akidagi
Tristan -12.3m

After sitting on the Nennemalia gate for a bit, a flashy Damnation began to engage Breeze on the Akidagi gate in Nennemalia. I called for the fleet to jump through and engage and soon realized it was sitting at zero on the gate as bait for his friends. As the fleet was engaging the Damnation, Arashi spotted an Absolution, 2 Guardians, and 2 Lokis on DSCAN. The Damnation's friends soon arrived in the form of 3 Absolutions, 3 Guardians, 2 Lokis, a Vexor Navy Issue, and a Malus. I quickly called for the fleet to scatter, but this was not without losing a griffin that was tackled.

(19:26:39Z) Nennamaila
Griffin -6.87m

Afterwards, I got the fleet gathered at a safe and asked for my scouts to get eyes on the battlecruiser/cruiser gang. While we were at the safe Kora found a few cruisers strewn around in Hikkoken. I warped the fleet to the out gate while waiting for Kora to find us something to chew up. The gang beat us to the outgate, but luckily Kora tackled a Vexor in time for us to jump through and grab him. Kora had to bounce but we got secondary tackle on Vexor before he could run away. Once we killed the Vexor I called for the fleet to bounce to a Novice Outpost to avoid the gang from Nennemalia.

(19:30:59Z) Hikkoken
Vexor +33.11m

While trying to avoid the gang, I got a little frazzled was ended up warping the fleet right on top of them a few times. Luckily they got bored and left us alone. Once we got away from the gang we finally headed towards Stacmon.

We sat on the Pynekastoh gate, flashy, while Crimson was tracking things down. A Garmur came around trying to pick off members of the fleet, occasionally pointing a few ships and kiting away. Crimson found a Corax at a Medium and soon realized it was recon trap once he slid the gate and noticed the Huginn sitting there. Again I waited too long to call for the vanguard to jump and we missed both the Hugnin and Corax and lost Crimson.

(19:39:54Z) Pynekastoh
Kestrel -4.62m

Kora moved on to Kedma and found a good amount of ships in multiple plexes. Kora mentioned that Kedama is a big system, so vanguard jumped through before Kora landed on the plex. We got killed the Fed Navy Comet and Corax, but our friends from Nennamalia came by yet again to say hi. This time they killed Fed Navy Comet that they tackled before he could slide the gate.

(19:45:21Z) Kedama
Federation Navy Comet +24.11m
Corax +6.83m
Federation Navy Comet -42.9m
Capsule +0.01m

Only about half of the fleet managed to slide the gate, so we all gathered up on Coaxster who was at a safe. We sat the safe for a bit, while I asked the scouts to search for the group from Nennamalia. The group de-spiked into the next system on our yellow brick road, so I gave the fleet another destination to avoid them.

Azalee found a Fed Navy Comet and a Griffin in a Novice and while I called for the vanguard to jump in for support, I accidentally repeated the jump command three times, which caused most of the fleet to also jump through. Luckily the pilots in the Novice weren't checking DSCAN and didn't warp off when we spiked system. We got the Griffin, but the Fed Navy Comet managed to pull range before we could get on top of him.

(19:52:08Z) Reitsato
Slasher -8.73m
Griffin +1.89m
Atron -4.32m
Capsule -0.77m

At some point while we were in the Novice, Maximus warped to a different Novice and died.

(19:52:39Z) Reitsato
Burst -5.64m

While the fleet waited on the scouts in Reisato, Kora and Eddie found a Jackdaw in Oinasiken. At some point I lost track of the scouts and realized the Jackdaw was 2 jumps away, luckily the tackled held point long enough for the rest of the fleet to get there and kill it.

(20:04:24Z) Oinasiken
Jackdaw +92.14m

Eddie found a Cynabal in Indregulle that wasn't at any of the plexes, after a bit of dscaning he found it at an asteroid belt. I sent vanguard in for support, but the Cynabal managed to evade them and kill Eddie.

(20:11:41Z) Indregulle
Executioner -19.03m

The rest of the systems along the way to Stacmon were pretty quiet. Eddie then reported a Tengu. Hyperion, and Gnosis in Uphallant and I decided to take a little detour to check that out. Unfortunatly, they were gone by the time we got there, so we went to Stacmon and I officially called it.

After the fleet ended Kontxesi was on her way to Uphallant, she noticed a flashy Crucifier Navy Issue jumped to Uphallant, and a few members of the fleet joined to kill it in Ostingele.

(20:31:54Z) Ostingele
Crucifier Navy Issue +76.62m

Things to Work On
  • • There were a few times during the fleet where more experienced members of the fleet gave commands. I'm sure they thought they were being helpful, but when those commands conflicted with what I had in mind it just ended up confusing the fleet.

• I need to have better awareness of where my scouts are and have them communicate clearly where the target is and when they have gone for tackle

• I did not take the time before the fleet to communicate clearly that I'd like to hear input from just a few others in the fleet. I feel like this lead to coms getting out of hand at some point.

• When we were trying to evade the Cruisers and Battlecruisers I feel as though my commands were getting a little sloppy, mostly due to the fact that I hadn't given the fleet another destination.

• During the engagement with the Exequrors I called for the fleet to scatter a little early. had I taken the time before we undocked to explain to the new EWAR pilots what I expected from them we probably would have gotten more than one Exequror down.

• I definitely need to work on my timing when calling for the vanguard to follow the scout. It's better to have vanguard go in too early and lose the target rather than too late and we lose both the scout and the target. I'm pretty sure all of the scouts died at least one, except for Kora.
Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,101,935,195.38
ISK Lost: 164,427,100.58
ISK Delta: 937,508,094.8
Efficiency: 87.016%
Nathan Tamroc
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] The Kitchen Sink Takes Black Rise 12/3

Post by Nathan Tamroc »

I very much liked how you explicitly told us to ignore certain commands given out of order. It helped me a lot in staying on top of the situation. During our fight with the Exequror I didn't always get who was called primary, labeling them would have helped me a lot there.

I was also wondering if it would have been helpful to have a ship with a ship scanner in the fleet to assess the situation better.
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Calder Ormand wrote: • I definitely need to work on my timing when calling for the vanguard to follow the scout. It's better to have vanguard go in too early and lose the target rather than too late and we lose both the scout and the target. I'm pretty sure all of the scouts died at least one, except for Kora.
Not dying is very much the job of the scouts themselves too though. In my own case I pretty much suicided vs the cynabal since I knew theyre a frigates worst nightmare.

One point of improvement from me is that i sometimes wondered about your choices of targets. For example, at one point we had a comet at a novice, two dessies at a small and 2 T3D's at a medium. With a 40frig gang I'd go for the T3s instead of the single comet or dessies.

That said, this was your first time FC'ing right? If so, i wouldnt have guessed. Great work.
Zeon Alabel
Title: Ensign, Frigates by the yard, Sophomore

Post by Zeon Alabel »

There were a few times when the pace of the engagements accelerated very quickly but all the commands given were quick and to the point and I was honestly surprised to find myself keeping up with everyone. Kudos to you FC
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

Nathan Tamroc wrote:labeling them would have helped me a lot there.
Not sure if targets were broadcasted, but you know about target broadcasts?
(uni wiki doesnt seem to have much on it, a tiny little bit about broadcasts here: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fleet_interface )
Calder Ormand
Title: Orientation Officer, Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Calder Ormand »

Nathan Tamroc wrote:I very much liked how you explicitly told us to ignore certain commands given out of order. It helped me a lot in staying on top of the situation. During our fight with the Exequror I didn't always get who was called primary, labeling them would have helped me a lot there.

I was also wondering if it would have been helpful to have a ship with a ship scanner in the fleet to assess the situation better.
I believe the targets were broadcasted, but I did fail to explain the broadcast history tab before we undocked so for that I apologize.
Eddie Dante wrote:Not dying is very much the job of the scouts themselves too though. In my own case I pretty much suicided vs the cynabal since I knew theyre a frigates worst nightmare.

One point of improvement from me is that i sometimes wondered about your choices of targets. For example, at one point we had a comet at a novice, two dessies at a small and 2 T3D's at a medium. With a 40frig gang I'd go for the T3s instead of the single comet or dessies.

That said, this was your first time FC'ing right? If so, i wouldnt have guessed. Great work.
Thanks for the feedback! Upon reflecting I realized I played it pretty safe and avoided a few fights that we probably could've taken. I'll definitely change that next time.
Sturym

Post by Sturym »

Calder Ormand wrote:Upon reflecting I realized I played it pretty safe and avoided a few fights that we probably could've taken. I'll definitely change that next time.
Read: I'll make sure to get us all blown up next time!

But on a serious note... FANTASTIC job with the efficiency on this fleet. I really enjoyed it, and despite a few slips here and there, I think you did an awesome job!

Sturym o7
Jax Renalard

Post by Jax Renalard »

Sorry for dieing so early. I was distracted and just went for it. Embarrassing stuff.

Reading the rest of the AAR. As first time FC you will be more cautious and that's natural. Better growing from cautious than just whelp all the time and learn nothing.