[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! - 2017.11.28

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NoP Monday Roam! - 2017.11.28

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.09.12):
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Ariea Thellare
Atticus Vex
Azador Delacroix
Birdinator Wyld
Blind Scion
Calder Ormand
Calvin Fidard
Christoph Patrouette
Farzol Nassan
Faust Jaeger
Ford Andedare
Gemma Solett – Vanguard
Harai Rex – Skirmish Scout
I Skip Legday
Jacob Velora
Jaha Preynar
Kontxesi Buchanan – 2IC
Lazarus Tazinas
Mal Kard
Marn Vermuldir
Maximus Hert
Mols Halleck
Nicholas Horza
Reise Amatin
Rohan Amadeus – 3IC
Snuffleupagus
Sone Eto – Skirmish Scout
Tsuwen Sun
Tuffy Eleven
Wokum – Vanguard
lswjnek Oxkold
shureer Yassavi – Vanguard

OBSERVATIONS
This fleet was fantastic. Great kills, everyone had fantastic fire control discipline, I was impressed with everyone's performance. We had half a dozen vanguard members flying fast tackle which helped keep targets in place while we set up for the Alpha. We found an Algos in a plex and we made good use of the single target to practice Alpha firing, aligning out, etc. Took some extra losses, but we made up for it later.

(03:15:23Z) Vlillirier
Atron -7.86m
Executioner -2.95m
Algos +8.74m
Talwar -10.89m

A Deimos in a Medium went down in one volley, and we didn't take a single loss.

(03:29:28Z) Oicx
Deimos +318.52m

Another great kill, this time in Akidagi.

(03:57:13Z) Akidagi
Atron -5.42m
Algos +47.38m

And after the break another two kills in Aki! Black Rise was rather quiet, but we managed to find scattered content here and there.

(04:15:29Z) Akidagi
Magus +268.25m
Algos +57.26m

Continuing the trend of the evening in Kedama with a Cynabal kill.

(04:44:16Z) Kedama
Atron -4.85m
Cynabal +254.21m

And then things went bad from an isk standpoint. Oh the pain. I didn't notice the oddity from the fight in Hirri until I started writing the AAR. On the surface, the engagement was nothing special - we tackled a Coercer and everyone did well holding DPS and then applying it as one Alpha strike. What makes this the blemish on an otherwise perfect fleet (IMO) is the fact that one of the tackles we lost was carrying loot worth 76M isk. Thinking back on it now, I don't think I ever covered during the preflight brief that if you scoop loot you should drop it first chance you get in an NPC station. We carried that module through SEVEN systems (three of which had NPC stations) and we could have avoided losing the isk (that's 5 Talwars!!!), but I left that info out of my preflight. You never know when some bit of information will prove to be important. I had the thought during the preflight that the regulars must be getting bored listening to the same thing over and over every week, but this sure hammers home how important it is to cover everything as if everyone is hearing it for the first time.

(04:56:06Z) Hirri
Atron -4.2m
Crucifier -10.85m
Atron -78.32m
Slasher -6.53m
Coercer +19.76m

Nenn was not kind to us this time through. After playing games with a small gang and taking a loss we cut and ran.

(05:07:09Z) Nennamaila
Slasher -7.2m

A final kill for the evening on the way home. We managed to find a gate camp in Ost that had a Vindicator + some other stuff. I don't remember what the "other stuff" was, as when I heard Vindi I sorta went into rabid-dog-kill-it mode. We never got the chance, as there was no way to survive the engagement long enough to kill something and make the whelp worth it.

(05:18:13Z) Moclinamaud
Worm +142.41m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,116,517,289.3
ISK Lost: 139,062,791.12
ISK Delta: 977,454,498.18
Efficiency: 88.924%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
I was hoping for a Cruiser gang that we could conceivably take on, but I was happy with the results of the fleet. The loot loss from the Atron hurt, and reinforces the need to make sure, especially with Newbros, that you cover EVERYTHING during the preflight briefing. Everyone did really well following commands, especially with focusing fire for the Talwar Alpha strike. I'm looking forward to taking Caracals out for the next two weeks, and seeing what the extra damage application and tank will let us do.

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Pre-Roam Planning. - Check-minus.
  • Decision Making. - Check.
  • Command Chatter. - Check.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?

Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Roam! - 2017.11.28

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Ah, that Deimos. I will admit that I was not super enthused about the Talwars after our last fleet, and I thought the Deimos was going to be a mess. But when that thing popped as soon as you said fire, I was sold.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image