[AAR] Armor Dessies w/ Spectre

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

[AAR] Armor Dessies w/ Spectre

Post by Glen Burney »

Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfFJR3vZ78
Meme:

Doctrine: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 66&t=95135

We started with about 30 pilots, and headed around the little Placid horn with just a bit of activity, missed a VNI in Reynire. Then we headed over to Ouletta and on the way tangled with a Caracal in Agoxze and ONI in Loes. A Tristan got out ahead of the fleet and got popped by the ONI before we could arrive:

(02:11:37Z) Agoze, Loes
Caracal +47.61m
Tristan -8.1m
Osprey Navy Issue +125.43m
Capsule +0.01m

(02:21:19Z) Ouelletta
Venture +0.4m
Venture +2.43m

While we were headed to check Delta NPC kills in Meurtrelle, we got some intel from randoms in fleet regarding a mining fleet in lowsec. Alot of this smelled like a trap to me, but we are all in small stuff and had a chance to kill an Orca, so we headed over there. I was pleased with the plan we came up with, which involved using a vanguard from 2 systems ahead, and having our cloaky eyes decloak and tackle, which he did as our vanguard spiked into Avaux. I had a "lietenant" for the Vanguard (thanks Budda) and he capably called targets as the enemy cyno went up. Pretty quickly there were 2 carriers on field and Budda correctly called scatter. We lost a confessor and enyo, but I'll not that we did NOT lose the cloaky eyes tackle, which makes me think that maybe even our warp-in was involved in the trap. I'm not outright accusing, because of course I haven't enough evidence, and plus it's public fleet and a game for cryin out loud, props to them if they cooked all that up for a confessor and enyo kill and props to US for limiting our losses :)

(02:49:41Z) Avaux
Confessor -86.4m
Enyo -56.44m

We went back to Ostingele and took a quick break, and then I went to Agoze to check out what had been a bit of a gatecamp there earlier. There were some cruisers on a station near the OST gate, and then an Ashimmu warped from the gate to 70 off the station, in line. I had the fleet warp to me at 70 and pop:

(03:10:42Z) Agoze, Vard
Atron -7.15m
Ashimmu +179.86m
Capsule -0.01m

Ah, then we were about to leave Agoze when a Kronos warped to 100 off the gate and I got the fleet close to him and we engaged. Unfortunately, gateguns suck, as a Garmur can attest:

Garmur -183.14m
Navitas -1m

Then. We. Went. Through. The. Hole. I love holes. In Vard then:

Algos -12.31m
Condor -3.4m
Capsule -0.73m
Thrasher +6.87m
Slasher +3.07m

Some kitey cruisers were chashing, and this Iteron and ONI were caught by us on a gate.
(03:36:24Z) Kourmonen, Kamela
Iteron Mark V +4.46m
Omen Navy Issue +170.18m

We were trying to get this Deacon and I was seperated from the fleet as his buddies booshed me off on the other side. Budda did a great job hammering random stuff while i reshipped, after which we went around in Amarr Minmatar FW for a bit with no luck.

(03:46:13Z) Kourmonen, Huola
Deacon +47.11m
Confessor -75.42m
Thrasher +16.09m
Thrasher +15.8m
Thrasher +5.74m
Coercer +1.87m
Heretic +87.06m
Navitas +0.24m

Back in OST I had JUST ended the fleet when a Stacmon Gatecamp was reported, which we broke up a bit.

(04:25:59Z) Ostingele
Brutix Navy Issue +205.29m
Capsule +3300.07m

Only thing I'll say here is

HOLD

THE

POD

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 4,319,322,143.57
ISK Lost: 434,091,770.2
ISK Delta: 3,885,230,373.37
Efficiency: 90.868%

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Spocknroll

Re: [AAR] Armor Dessies w/ Spectre

Post by Spocknroll »

Just wanted to say thanks for fleet. My third and best yet. I'm finally starting to get the hang of it and got in some great kills without blowing up my Catalyst. Thanks Glen + everyone else who participated!
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

It was a nice fleet, I'm happy to have the chance to have opportunities to control few engagements.

One thing I will add and want to ask people for an opinion. I was flying a combat probing Hecate and few cases were scanning system for ships. Being together with a decloaked fleet and having SO MANY ships on the scan result I am curious about how to identify required ship on the scan result to scan it quicker?
Glen Burney wrote:Only thing I'll say here is HOLD THE POD
Chances are that Mister Shishu was out of point range so he preferred to get a kill ...
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Shushu is a garmur pilot. Not a big chance he was out of range. BUT, I'm not mad, sometimes when an enemy pilot almost kills me I'll rage pop his pod. It could have been that type of situation...

As for combat probing, I have NO idea...

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
SketchyManDan Williams

Post by SketchyManDan Williams »

XD, it’s pointless expecting that guy to hold anything. Too many fleets I’ve flown with spectre where he’ll happily jump on something a scout has found and openly kill it before anyone has a chance to arrive never mind trying to get him to hold a pod lol, but for some reason, Spectre FCs dont mind this kinda stuff from him because they get a shiny kill for their AAR XD

For the combat probing, no expert myself but I kinda use the location of the scan result in the map to judge whether it’s someone in my fleet or not, if unsure I just align to the result while asking if anyone is flying X in Y. If it’s a ship I know is not in the fleet comp, just warp to it and see what happens :D
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

SketchyManDan Williams wrote: If it’s a ship I know is not in the fleet comp, just warp to it and see what happens :D
Problem is you need 1-2 MORE scans to complete to warp to it.

But yeah, I got the point, there are no really magic wand and as a scout I should use my brain :)
it’s pointless expecting that guy to hold anything. Too many fleets I’ve flown with spectre where he’ll happily jump on something a scout has found and openly kill it before anyone has a chance to arrive never mind trying to get him to hold a pod lol, but for some reason, Spectre FCs dont mind this kinda stuff from him because they get a shiny kill for their AAR XD
My first reaction once I read this was frustration, but... if this guy jumps before FC calls it and remains successful, maybe it is FC who should call 'jump' earlier? Or send vanguard?

Another thing is if fleet scout went for a tackle for the fleet, and the prey can be killed by a single fleet member, maybe the target was not really worth the whole fleet waiting?
SketchyManDan Williams

Post by SketchyManDan Williams »

Budda Sereda wrote:My first reaction once I read this was frustration, but... if this guy jumps before FC calls it and remains successful, maybe it is FC who should call 'jump' earlier? Or send vanguard?
True, but that’s up to the F.C, and should be his call rather than someone thinking ‘if I jump now I can make sure I get on that kill’ and just going through with it. Sure, congrats to the guy for getting a shiny pod kill, but why join fleet if your gonna play like your out solo?

Budda Sereda wrote: Another thing is if fleet scout went for a tackle for the fleet, and the prey can be killed by a single fleet member, maybe the target was not really worth the whole fleet waiting?
Yup, this is very true, but then why not let the scout that caught the prey get the kill instead of warping himself in to kill it before the rest of the fleet? This situation only came to mind because I’ve heard scouts ask him to stop shooting things multiple times on comms, just to hear ‘sorry I accidentally hit F1’... and then let it cycle 5 times to finish the target XD

Edit - Reading this back, it looks kinda salty XD. But it does annoy me a little to watch other spectre FCs openly tell the fleet to primary one of our fleet members for popping pods worth 0 before getting on the kill, but then glorify shushu for doing it every fleet lol