[AAR] Kitchen-sink frigate roam (2017.11.29 @19:00)

Azalee Madeveda

[AAR] Kitchen-sink frigate roam (2017.11.29 @19:00)

Post by Azalee Madeveda »

So, it was time to FC again. Taking out my second fleet, a random frigate assortment.
A good number of people showed up (26 registered by the AAR tool), including a couple of new unistas.
I went through the new bro speech, after an align test and broadcast tests we departed towards Akidagi from Stacmon.

I had set up OBS to record the fleet, but forgot to press the "record" button, great job.
So I will have to rely on my memory alone to relate everything, which is bound to be imperfect at best

Roam members (20+)
Spoiler
Arrek Lemmont
Azalee Madeveda
B'aldrick Aivoras
Decklin Quark Reiger
Fox Heavy
Gemma Solett (Back up scout)
Hideo Date
Hirmuolio Pine
Iskarr Jarak
Jax Renalard
Jesse Xenoman
Kaelph Audeles
Kora K (2FC, scout)
Laura Suhonen
Ra'zok Zateki (Logi)
Rebulah Conundrum
Rider Isleman
Rikali Laru
Seraphine Mara
The Jojosh (Logi)
Tika On
Toma Heleneto (Main scout)
Trillian Ituin
Triss Isu
Waldy Droog
Zeon Alabel
As per often, the beginning of the pipe to Black Rise was quiet.
In Vlillirier our scout spotted a Thrasher in a Plex, I sent vanguard to help but by the time we got there the scout had blown up and the Thrasher was gone. I should have sent the vanguard earlier, we might have been able to keep it pointed.

(19:44:51Z) Vlillirier
Condor -3.66m

A bit later, Kora spotted a gang of cruisers roaming towards us, we went to a plex, hoping to lure them in, get a kill or 2 before dispersing.
They did come, but we realized they were more than initially thought, I called for scatter but a Maulus did get caught

(19:53:19Z) Aldranette
Maulus -6.34m

We stopped in Akidagi for a short bio and people t re-ship in Ichorya next door.
Note to self: check that the citadel I decide to anchor on is friendly :)

Just as I wanted to set sails (or wings) a coercer was spotted at a small.
I sent Kora who suggested they should not go alone, so vanguard went in.
But the coercer managed to dispatch Kora and evade.
I did not see the fight as my frigate got stuck on the activation gate...

(20:02:48Z) Akidagi
Slasher -7.59m

I set the new destination to Oinasiken and we continued on our way.
We played with a non-flashy Svipul trying to split the fleet, by jumping in and out the same gate. But eventually ignored it.
Scout noticed that the previously met cruiser fleet was ahead of us so we waited for them to de-spike before moving to the next systems. There was also a gang of T3 frigs/dessie around that we wanted to avoid.

An Incursus was spotted in Pynekastoh, vanguard was sent, pointed it, I warped in the fleet. The incursus was dead before we all landed. But it was our first kill in a relatively quiet fleet.
As the fight was over Hirmuolio Pine called tackle on a Coercer (De BuG's coercer none the less), I don't know if there was a call on comms but I saw the message in fleet chat too late and by the time we landed our Breacher was lost and De BuG was gone.

(20:24:34Z) Pynekastoh
Incursus +5.52m
Breacher -8.09m
Capsule +0.01m

A vindicator was found in a nearby system, we jumped the gate only to realise the cruiser fleet from before was already fighting it.
Wanting nothing to do with the cruisers, I asked the fleet to collapse back on the gate and jump.
In hindsight we should have tried to get on the killmail. And Kora, never losing an opportunity, did just that. Decency prevents me to include the kill in this AAR :)

Toma then spotted an INS and a tristan in a plex. I do not remember if I've had time to sand the vanguard to help, but our scout fell for the second time, and got podded.

(20:28:47Z) Oinasiken
Condor -1.28m
Capsule -0.01m

As we were waiting on Heydieles gate in Abune, a punisher was detected in a Plex. As I dispatched a few pilot to try to tackle it, a flashy Vigilant landed on us.
We followed it as it jumped trying to scram it on the other side. Someone made the welcomed suggestion to overheat our web, we manged to slow him significantly and after a while it went down, ISK positive !
Meanwhile the guys on the other side dispatched the Punisher that I had admittedly forgotten about.

(20:39:15Z) Abune, Heydieles
Punisher +10.38m
Vigilant +243.83m

I decided to head back to Stacmon, we had been roaming for a little more than a hour. Hoping to find something on the way.
Kora said that he announced our arrival in Agoze where a group of usual suspects may or may not offer us a fight. After some waiting game we tried to land on them at a plex, but they already had started to pull range.
I couldn't catch up in my AB fit but sent the fleet after them, we were 2 jumps from home maybe good opportunity to whelp. But being kited by a gang of cruiser/battle cruiser was not very fun so we eventually scattered, loosing 4 frigates in the attempt.

(20:55:44Z) Agoze
Slasher -8.24m
Tristan -11.67m
Incursus -2.61m
Incursus -5.06m

I have omitted a few instance of finding something in a plex but teh target warping off before we could grab tackle.
Overall, we did not really find anything our size to fight against. But the vigilant kill came in to light up the party !

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 259,731,256.78
ISK Lost: 54,558,688.71
ISK Delta: 205,172,568.07
Efficiency: 82.641%

What Went Well
- My communicatin was much clearer than for my first fleet.
- We got the Vigilant !
- Comms overall were disciplined
- I had much more control/knowledge over where my scouts were, and made sure to get clarification when I was confused
- I had fun, I hope my fleetmates did :)

What Went Wrong
- When the cruiser fleet landed on us, I should have realised earlier that their numbers were bigger than expected and call scatter earlier, we may not have lost the Maulus
- Got stuck on the activation gate... In a frigate...
- In the fight in Agoze there was some confusion about which was teh primary target, I should have been clearer about it
- We should have gotten involved on the cruiser vs vindicator fight

Paths of improvement
- I feel like my communication was much better, but there is still room from improvement. Among other things, still some moments of hesitation/confusion and I feel that there are times when I stay silent for too long
- I should warp at 10 in plexes and not get stuck on the gate :/
- I barely broadcasted any navigation order. I should do it consistently or name someone to do it for me at the beginning of the fleet.
- I get a bit lost in the flood of info coming at me. I need to pay more attention to the fleet chat. Thanks to everyone who answered the questions asked there that I did not see.
- I lack reflexes in combat situation, for example asking the fleet to overheat their scram/web on the Vigilant fight
- There are too many ships I need to look-up to know what they are/do. It slows down my decision making.
- I need to find a good risk vs opportunity balance. Probably need to be better at identifying risks and opportunities :)

Feedback form
Please provide feedback about your experience in this fleet through this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1
Get in touch in game as well !

Thanks
Thanks to everyone for coming along it was great having you.
Thanks Kora for giving me advice along the way.

See you all in space
o7
Azalee
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gemma Solett
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Kitchen-sink frigate roam (2017.11.29 @19:00)

Post by Gemma Solett »

Shame that we couldn't find much but was still fun. Glad I got to do a bit of scouting, something I don't often do in lowsec so was good to get a bit of practice in.
Kaelph Audeles
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Kitchen-sink frigate roam (2017.11.29 @19:00)

Post by Kaelph Audeles »

Thanks Azalee, it was a great fleet. I am in the state of getting sweat up when a neutral is plopping out of a gate - cheap thrills still working on me.

It was my second PVP fleet and I always had the feeling that I was in good Hands, besides all the stuff going on and coordinating you found times to clarify stuff to us newbros and explaining what you are up to. I had fun!

When comes part 2? :D

Cheers, K
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage