[AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Golden Punishers 12NOV

Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Golden Punishers 12NOV

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Date: 12 OCT 2017
Form-up time: 00:00
Departure time: 00:32
Return time: 01:18
Duration: 0h46m

If you participated in this fleet and have not yet done so, please be sure to fill out the Fleet Feedback Form. Your comments and feedback are necessary for my improvement as an FC.

Roam members (15)
33joe33 33 (first fleet)
Birdinator Wyld (EWAR)
Calder Ormand (vanguard)
Gerrath Sabrinn (secondary scout)
Harai Rex (vanguard)
Kontxesi Buchanan (FC)
Kora K (logi)
Sone Eto (scout)
Space Warfare Development
Strontium Bob Bobbins (vanguard)
Wheat Fields (logi)
Wokum
Yuri Levnik (2IC)
Z0X Ambrye
Zana Fehrnah (logi)

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

This fleet was meant to start as the Noob Night in the Hole event was finishing up, but that ran long. Our low numbers combined with the fact that I was very tired and sore from a long day of teaching kids about rockets put me in a bit of a welping mood. I warned everyone to insure their ships before they left and declared that I would most definitely be trying to bring this fleet to an early and glorious end.

In Ostingele, we had a Phantasm and a Deimos on the Agoze gate. I was considering it, but that felt like a little too early of a welp. Then the scout found a Gnosis and a Cyclone in Agoze so we jumped right through them. The Gnosis and Cyclone were fighting each other, but they were too far off for us to get points before they bailed.

The Phantasm and Deimos had followed us into Agoze, but they didn't show themselves.

An Incursus hanging outside of a plex in Ouelletta. He shot at the scout a few times, but our brave Griffin jammed him out. We surely would have been doomed without him!

Incursus +2.34m

I didn't go over "not shooting the rats in plexes", unfortunately, so we had a little incident there. 100% my fault for not making sure the new guys in fleet knew that.

Jax informed me that Black Fox was out in "some big ships" if we wanted to play. My spais told me a few minutes later that it was a Sacrilege/Guardian fleet. When I laughed at Jax and said we weren't doing that, I got a bounty placed on me. :) Again, as much as I was trying to welp, that was just... a bit much.

"I heard you say it, but then... my brain froze? I don't know how much time passed between when you said it and when I realized that you said it." << Proof that I was just too tired for this that night. I'm pretty sure I had a microsleep right there. Sorry, scout!

Pynekastoh is where it got fun. 40 in local, including a Kestrel fleet that outnumbered us. There was a Punisher in a novice, and when Sone landed there was a Firetail and a Thrasher landing with him. He pointed the Thrasher, and we headed in for the kill. A Tormentor landed as well, but he managed to burn away from us, as did a Coercer. So that was all out of range when the Kestrels landed.

We all burned back to the gate and tried to tackle something, but then slid into the plex. I got scrammed on the gate and had to burn away and warp off. Z0X had the fleet scatter, and... one of our guys had lock back on and scrammed a logi? We lost three guys, but I guess they ended up nabbing one inside the plex.

Thrasher +2.73m
Inquisitor -7.42m
Kestrel +7.63m
Punisher -9.09m
Punisher -17.13m
Capsule +0.01m

Scout found a Tormentor at the other novice, which we were sure was bait for the Kestrels. But after some discussion with the fleet, we decided to take that bait. A Dramiel was reported as well. Everything got out, so we sat to wait for the Kestrels. We didn't have to wait long.

We had a little split DPS, and I didn't notice that our first target burned out of our range; he got out to 22km at one point. If we'd switched to another target and focused on the things that we could apply to, we might have gotten another kill out of it.

Federation Navy Comet -34.35m
Punisher -5.09m
Atron -3.88m
Punisher -9.7m
Kestrel +7.53m
Punisher -8.72m
Punisher -9.21m
Kestrel +7.55m
Inquisitor -7.42m
Punisher -9.74m
Inquisitor -6.09m

When all was said and done, only two ships remained: the Griffin and the Maulus. I know why the EWAR survived, but I'm still really amused that the Griffin was one of the last men standing.

I'll call that a successful welp. We thanked the Kestrels for their time and made best speed to Ichoriya. However, as I feared, the only reships there were three Bursts. Since several of our members had dropped anyway, I folded the fleet.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 27,779,014.87
ISK Lost: 127,829,681.82
ISK Delta: -100,050,666.95
Efficiency: 17.852%

Review

This fleet basically accomplished what I expected it to do. No one seemed put off by the fact that I tried to get us killed, so I hope everyone had fun. I did, and everyone who spoke up in comms seemed to as well.

Items to Improve
- pay more attention to where the fleet is compared to where the targets are
- switch targets when necessary instead of doubling down on one that isn't working
Last edited by Kontxesi Buchanan on 2017.11.19 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Jax Renalard

Re: [AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Golden Punishers 12NOV

Post by Jax Renalard »

Small itty bitty correction. I did not say come fight us, and we were forming sacs and guard for a gila fleet not you. Don't flatter your punishers too much. Also, that bounty was totally unrelated, for real though.

Good to see HSC names pop up more on PvP fleets. Need to fight you Bob one day.
Good sign of a good wear pilot is that it survives. That's a skill that's not often learnt but most player who think ewar are just throw away roles.

Sounds like a good fleet. On my end we got 1 gila in the end.
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Golden Punishers 12NOV

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Why do you have to go poking holes in my exaggerated, self-aggrandizing version of the story? :lol:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image