[AAR] T1 Frigate Kitchen Sink @21:00 (17/11/2017)

Ra'zok Zateki

[AAR] T1 Frigate Kitchen Sink @21:00 (17/11/2017)

Post by Ra'zok Zateki »

Last minute fleet as there was no PvP in calendar on Friday night. Numbers were okay considering the late notice!

Black Rise, however, was not cooperative, there was very little content and what we did come across was limited mostly to cruiser sized fleets of 10+ (with logi) and there's only so much you can ask of small numbers of T1 frigates. We tried taking a fight in the most favourable way possible - enemy fleet would have to fight into gateguns - but the logi from the enemy fleets managed to catch them every time (even with frequent target switching). That being said we were surprised not to break anything in the big fight in Rakapas - after discussing the engagement I realised I didn't call for people to approach targets (we were using mostly blaster fit Punishers) so many of the newer members were well outside their optimal - meaning a lot less DPS than could have been possible with the fleet/numbers.

Overall though I learned a lot about positioning in fleet fights and managing targets for the fleet - something these fleets don't often get to experience as they seldom get the opportunity to fleet fight. I would say that the killboard and ISK delta were not representative of how the fleet performed and the learning everyone got from the experience.

Roam members (20)
Spoiler
Agent Lightmare
Alto DeRaqwar
Barrett Chanlin
Calan Orion
Calder Ormand
Decklin Quark Reiger
DonkeyPunch Udan
Eddie Dante
Jax Renalard
Nathan Tamroc
Oh' Leeador
Prieblanda Anstianski
Ra'zok Zateki
Raxon Noseworthy
Razer Thukkerkin
SketchyManDan Williams
Tika On
Union Pivo
Waldy Droog
Wokum
Kills and Losses
(20:19:02Z) Amygnon
Atron +5.64m

(20:28:26Z) Amygnon
Tormentor +10.12m

(20:39:45Z) Amygnon
Tristan -2.52m

(21:52:32Z) Nennamaila
Stabber +30.93m

(22:03:40Z) Okkamon
Breacher +0.49m
Capsule +0.01m

(22:15:09Z) Rakapas
Punisher -9.78m
Inquisitor -8.24m
Inquisitor -6.52m
Punisher -12.69m
Punisher -11.16m

(22:26:50Z) Pynekastoh
Atron -1.47m

(22:32:43Z) Immuri
Blackbird +8.12m

(22:39:09Z) Akidagi
Merlin -11.5m
Rifter -8.9m
Rifter -9.93m

(22:58:57Z) Villasen
Federation Navy Comet +20.82m
Bantam +0.81m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 76,926,782.1
ISK Lost: 82,715,463.78
ISK Delta: -5,788,681.68
Efficiency: 48.187%

Any and all feedback (good and bad) much appreciated: Feedback Form
Eddie Dante

Re: [AAR] T1 Frigate Kitchen Sink @21:00 (17/11/2017)

Post by Eddie Dante »

I liked this fleet, not much content but it didnt feel very slow or anything. As for the small DPS, at least on the augoror we were shooting in 75% resists, which didnt help much. Second, looking at our killmails, many of us were fit with a focus on large tanks and little dps (and as usual, dont underestimate the lack of skillpoints in the average uni fleet). So i'd guess its a combination of multiple factors.
At the end of the fleet, when we had a group of frigates jumping into us i was thinking if perhaps we couldve baited them. Have vanguard setup in a novice and move the fleet one jump backwards asap.
Still though, nice fleet. Clear FC'ing. Would fly again :)
Paranoya1 Aideron

Re: [AAR] T1 Frigate Kitchen Sink @21:00 (17/11/2017)

Post by Paranoya1 Aideron »

Ra'zok Zateki,

first off - thank you very much for the last minute fleet, I am looking forward to having more like these in the future (time was perfect as well, I am UKTZ).
As you mentioned - it was mostly uneventful roam, but, I learned an awful lot. This was my first fleet experience, and tbh, was not sure what to expect. Having listened to your briefing, it made it much clearer and for me, the experience after that was very smooth! We had few fights, I got on few killmails, and most importantly - did not even lose my ship :) One recommendation I can give you is that you should tell people what to change their route options to (sorry if you said that and I have missed it). I have managed to change my settings and after that, it was all clear and precise instructions, for a great experience!
Thank you for FC-ing and looking forward to flying with you again.