[AAR] Solitude Trasher Trickery (Nov 14 02:30)

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude Trasher Trickery (Nov 14 02:30)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
This ended up being a fun and surprisingly not suicidal fleet (; We started out with a visit to NSC but all of the combat had already wrapped up by the time we arrived. After hanging out in the pretty HIC bubble for a few we roamed up toward FD-MLJ and found Stiletto/Hurricane/Caracal who we flirted with for a bit. We didn't get them but we caught a couple ships passing through before heading back to eastern Syndicate. We jumped a Gnosis at the end of the night before calling it.

Trashers
Spoiler
Anna Iwaira - Special Logi
Arashi Shizukana - Snowflake
Boill Strone - DD
Calder Ormand - 2 Scout
Crimson Herring - DD
Elenta Thiesant - DD
Glen Burney - 4 Scout/Tackle
Harai Rex - 1 Scout
I Skip Legday - Logi <3
Imad Gratia - DD
Jehoshaphat Ambraelle - DD
Nunnery Michigan - 3 Scout/Tackle
Raxon Noseworthy - DD
Scratchoz - DD
Sturym - 2IC
Tyler Arnoux - DD
Yuri Levnik - FC
We were clear up to FD- where we ran into the aforementioned Stiletto/Hurricane/Caracal. There were a couple of friendly Caracals in the system as well. We were sitting on the gate trying to get a warp in on the Hurricane when a Moa jumped through to us. RIP.
(03:34:59Z) FD-MLJ
Moa +38.48m
Capsule +0.01m

We moseyed on over to X-M after the trio of targets moved over there. We had a couple of pilots jump into us and blasted them pretty efficiently. We did lose our first of Harai's ships on a noble hero tackle on one of the opposing ships - we couldn't catch up to 'em in time to get secondary tackle and apply damage. The Stiletto was moving around 5km/s and the Hurricane was over 2km/s too, plus those Caracal rapid lights...
(03:48:11Z) X-M2LR
Imicus +16.83m
Capsule +0.01m
Algos +4.09m
Atron -7.84m

Harai reshipped and rejoined us. I almost immediately sent him to his death again, this time in a Sabre/Thrasher gate camp in the next system over. We followed in shortly and avenged him with a nice tackle (Glen?) and Thrasher kill.
(04:11:28Z) FD-MLJ
Condor -5.89m
Capsule -0.01m
Thrasher +21.39m
Capsule +0.01m

We made our way back to eastern Syndicate and dropped some folks off. Glen and Nunnery checked 404 and Gone Fission but they were all docked up for the night. I was about ready to call the fleet when Nunnery found a Gnosis ratting in I-YGGI. Turns out it was a new-ish Caveman pilot. We warped in and shot down drones and we were small enough to stay under the beam lasers so we got a kill without losses. Congrats to Raxon Noseworthy for his first killing blow (;
(04:57:00Z) I-YGGI
Gnosis +80.93m

Overall, great stats for the night
ISK Destroyed: 161,754,498.35
ISK Lost: 13,744,713.50
ISK Delta: 148,009,784.85
Efficiency: 92%

What went well:
  • -We flew well! The fleet kept together despite some chaotic warps and lots of lively chasing. I did send to Harai to his death a couple times, sorry about that, but otherwise we all lived!!!!
    -Great scouting from our extensive scouting team.
    -Our two logi bros did some absolutely heroic repairs during our various fights. Many thanks y'all!
    -Great ISK efficiency.
    -I had fun!
What could have gone better:
  • -I did feel like I let things get a little out of control on a couple of occasions. I usually keep things pretty well organized but this fleet was a little less regimented than usual.
    -We found some good content but we also had some long spells with no content.
    -I sent Harai to his death twice );
Overall, this was a surprisingly good night out considering we flew T1 destroyers into the depths of nullsec. Nice work y'all!
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Sturym

Re: [AAR] Solitude Trasher Trickery (Nov 14 02:30)

Post by Sturym »

The fleet was a great time, as per usual.

Many "Ups" to talk about when doing this AAR:

-We flew incredibly well, despite the chaos at times. Most of the fleet members were experienced, but our newest member joining us (also returning from a hiatus from the game) kept up incredibly well.

-I absolutely LOVED having more than 1 or 2 scouts. I think this enabled us to find content a little quicker. Not sure if this has ever been a discussion, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to have 3 or so scouts with fleets down in Soli. Thoughts?

-Logi was on point. I hate flying logi, so I'm glad we have some great people to do good things with logi boats. Raxon made a comment 2 or 3 times about how he was almost shield dead and *BAM*, he was hit with a loving hug from the Logi folks and all was copacetic.

-After the "whomp whomp" meeting in PC9, we picked up a few members from the NSC Campus. I love it when they join us as it's more fuel to the fire buring on our enemies wrecks.

-I feel we stuck to the doctrine pretty good. There was a few insances were having a "Snowflake" was a effective measure to gain tactical advantage.

-I think it's imparative for FCs to use their 2IC and other members who have experience to do Intel, etc. Tooting my own horn a bit, but since I have 3 monitors on my desktop, I have DotLan and ZKillboard up on the other monitors for quick intel gathering. Additionally, Yuri makes the jokes about being too busy... because he is! Managing a fleet can be tricky, and having others to help makes a HUGE (pronounced: YUGE) help. I feel maybe it's helpful to mention to whomever is going to be 2IC that they're somewhat expected to pull intel, be prepared to look up information, etc. (I know this request sometimes is hard to fulfill as I don't expect everyone to have multiple machines or monitors)

Now for the "downs" of the fleet:

-While I LOVE helping our NSC brothers, when flying fleet comps like this, I feel it's somewhat risky to try and join their fight. Sounds like they had some Drakes, Caracals, etc... but having Logi in our wings makes joining a large engagement like that tricky. I remember flying Exeq Logi on a fleet once... got caught up in large-scale battle and popped because I had no defense and the fleet was able to warp away faster than I could. Just some food for thought.

-... Yup, that's really all I have for "improves".

One small note about that last pilot. Yuri and I engaged them 2 on 1 in Y9G the other night. He/She was a great sport about it, and talked about learning from their mistakes. Well... if you check their zkillboard, you can see they have a lot of them. I convo'd them after Yuri and fleet popped them (I had dropped fleet already) and started up a conversation to see how they were doing. That conversation went great... the Pilot is new, learning the game, and doing their best to figure out best measures for engaging and fighting. He/She specifically asked me if I was up to "hanging out" some time and performing some fights and discussing tactics.

Normally, I'm not one to share how I feel about tactics when the "enemy" (pilot belongs to Cavemen, so not raelly enemy), but since this player just wants to learn, I added them as a contact and asked them to do the same. I told them I'm 100% up to doing so, and getting to know the player more. Who knows... we could convince them to jump ship to E-Uni and join us in NSC or Soli. ;) Either way, I feel like Eve is all about learning, so hopefully this pans out for them to learn something, and perhaps I will too.

Either way - Great fleet as usual, I'm happy I didn't die, and my dangerous percentage increased by 4% from the fleet... can't complain there.

Fly dangerous!

Sturym o7
Harai Rex
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Solitude Trasher Trickery (Nov 14 02:30)

Post by Harai Rex »

Great fleet as usual, Yuri!

I would like to take a moment to absolve you of any guilt you may feel over my deaths :) iirc, my first death happened because I decided to go for tackle on an RLML caracal before the rest of the fleet was even in warp, and I didn't really give you any warning beforehand, so, my bad. As for the condor death, I got caught on that gatecamp before even rejoining the fleet, and that system just happened to be the next system on the fleet's route. Overall, I had a fun time, and I have no issue sacrificing a couple of T1 frigs on the altar of good content :D