[AAR] Kitchen sink frigs Nov 13

petosorus

[AAR] Kitchen sink frigs Nov 13

Post by petosorus »

(I failed to find my fleet chat log to use the magic FCC tool, don't know what happened there. Some parts could be vague)

We were 18 in fleet undocking from Stacmon/Uph. 3 scouts (thanks to you guys), mix of shield/armor and mix of mwd/ab.

We ganked some lone frigates, I won't spend time on them.

At one point, we were hanging on a gate. A non flashy punisher came to us, and redboxed me and only me. Being used to fly solo, I called to shoot him forgetting about gate guns. I realized it too late, called for warp off. This was not good, we lost some frigates there.

At one point we were hanging on the kinakka keepstar, when a BNI warped off to a large plex. He had medium blasters so orbiting tight was the better option. We also downed his drones to stay alive.
3 coercers warped in at 100km. They closed in and kept around 40km at first. Towards the end, coercers closed in to 20km and killed one of us. I decided not to fight them, low sec coercers are nasty to frigates and they were at their optimal. We finished the BNI and warped off : https://zkillboard.com/kill/65954279/

Around Akidagi/Nen were a dragoon fleet with logis, and a HCOOK fleet of magus and something else I forgot.
Both fleets looked like a hard fight, so we just got around via Hallanen.

As we were coming back through the Murethand route, the dragoon fleet found us again. They were staying on our out gate while we were at a tac. When we warped to an off grid safe towards our ingate, they warped to said ingate, thinking we were going there. This freed the way and we went through outgate as fast as possible and off grid in the next system. I did not expect that movement from the enemy fleet and it felt good.

Waiting in Loes, on the Agoze gate, Decklin saw a BNI (anotha one) warping to us. Non flashy BNI jumped into us, and Decklin tackled him, with Zarquu logiing. Decklin went down so other people went for the BNI hoping he'd get flashy.
This was disorganized and in the end the BNI agressed the wrong one, got suspect so everyone got to shoot him. He was very close to the gate and very close from weapons timer end. Jax called for heat, which I agreed on.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/65955777/

This felt okay as a first fleet. I ran fleets before, in w-space and tournament setting, with less people, and people I knew well.
K-space fleets are very different in that you need to fly around, and I learned on that. I feel I did okay, but could have been clearer/more outspoken when giving orders. I did not always repeat commands, did not stop much to explain maneuvers (everyone had run in fleets before, so I didn't know if it would be useful).
I'm used to flash forms too, to kill whatever came in the chain. Scout said they could get a Gila while I was presenting still so I called undock immediately and that surprised unistas. I'm sure I'll be cooler next times.
Keeping an eye on enemies, prioritizing actions, and making calls for escapes was okay (I'm French).
I flew a ship too complicated to fly as an FC. I was sometimes more busy focusing on my mods to speak the calls I took. I'll take an easier one next one.

I was very tired at the end, and I think I speak less when tired.

Thanks to Decklin, Kora, Eddie for scouting, Zarquu for being a logi and everyone for helping FCing.
Feedback is here, I'd be happy to get some https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1
Razer Thukkerkin

Re: [AAR] Kitchen sink frigs Nov 13

Post by Razer Thukkerkin »

Thanks petosorus for FC'ing this fleet. We had fun. We got kills. I look forward to your next fleet.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jax Renalard

Post by Jax Renalard »

It was a very good fleet. Thanks for letting me tag along. Really good FC. Clear commands and good movement through low. Looking forward to flying with you folks again.
Nathan Tamroc
Title: Sophomore

Post by Nathan Tamroc »

A very enlightning experience. Although I was a bit confused sometimes, when it appeared to me that people other then the FC were giving commands. Those did make sense but I was unsure if I should follow them without FCs orders.
Jax Renalard

Post by Jax Renalard »

Nathan Tamroc wrote:A very enlightning experience. Although I was a bit confused sometimes, when it appeared to me that people other then the FC were giving commands. Those did make sense but I was unsure if I should follow them without FCs orders.
This is pretty common and I am still guilty for giving commands being out of line. This all comes down to FC being clear and communicative at all times. There will also be one or two that will talk out of line. Best you get out of that is retrospectively think on the reason of the alternative call was. You might learn something, maybe not. Ask after fleet too.
petosorus

Post by petosorus »

It happens sometimes and my rule usually is that if FC did not give orders that are against those, he approves.
When FCing, if I don't approve, I speak against it, but I don't always speak for it if I agree.

It was my first fleet in a long time, and as I could have been clearer those times, but I'm also glad I had this support.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Nathan Tamroc wrote:A very enlightning experience. Although I was a bit confused sometimes, when it appeared to me that people other then the FC were giving commands. Those did make sense but I was unsure if I should follow them without FCs orders.
I haven't joined a lot of fleets lately, but comms discipline seems to be off in most of them sometimes. I usually include a reminder about that during my form-up speech, might be a good idea to do the same. It can be quite confusing for a newbros to have to follow different people / commands during/before a fight.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

petosorus wrote:It happens sometimes and my rule usually is that if FC did not give orders that are against those, he approves.
When FCing, if I don't approve, I speak against it, but I don't always speak for it if I agree.

It was my first fleet in a long time, and as I could have been clearer those times, but I'm also glad I had this support.
I am sure that's the right way, ESPECIALLY for an emerging FC. Often, more experienced FCs just don't have time to explain things and better take control. Emerging FC should ideally prediscuss this with a 'mentor' and be ok with this.

Otherwise, FC just calls his orders repetitively and ANY mentor, in this case, will shut-up and accept FC did not like his offer and decided to move on his own. It could be a very stupid from FC's side. Or it can be a very genius move. You will learn from the outcome :)

Chances are FC and mentor will start arguing during the fleet. That would be a real disaster. Fortunately, I've never seen this in E-Uni and am sure that all are adequate enough. So, mentors keep giving advises, emerging FCs keep learning and try making decisions on your own.
Calvin Fidard

Post by Calvin Fidard »

This was my fifth fleet i think, I turned up in a shield frigate and thankfully no one commented. One thing that struck me, you showed good awareness of the people that got left behind. More so than in the other four fleets I have been in. (Not me this time)