[AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigs

Z0X Ambrye
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

[AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigs

Post by Z0X Ambrye »

2017.11.04 - 2300
Kitchen Sink Frigates out of Stacmon, roaming low sec.

Roam members (23)
Spoiler
Akiri Senso
Alto DeRaqwar
Ardes Atavuli
Breenie Shi
DonkeyPunch Udan
Drebin 679
Farzol Nassan
Gerrath Sabrinn
Glen Burney
Gunman Aldent
Jonathan Wolf
Lee Ghostly
Mongo the Mechanic
Nathan Tamroc
Nelliver Cadigal
Raijin Naom
Razer Thukkerkin
Senmori Askold
SketchyManDan Williams
Space Warfare Development
Trillian Arnolles
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye

This was a last minute fleet I put up an hour before it started. I hadn't FCed for a few months before this fleet, so I ended up making a lot of mistakes, (many of them I realized soon after). It certainly didn't help that I was hard pressed to get people to volunteer for roles, but what else is new? Alto ended up being my primary scout, with nobody else volunteering. I was hesitant to engage non-flashies on gates given that this was in random frigates and that we had a few new-bros in fleet. Looking back on it however, I think the fleet would have been much more enjoyable had we done so. Note that some things might be inaccurate, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Kills and Losses

We heard of a gate camp in Ost on the Stac gate so we went through Dastryns and found a flashy Brutix navy following us. With the high probability that it was bait in mind I thought that we could kill it before help arrived, but I was wrong. We got it down to about 40% of its hull tank before we had to scatter. I believe that was how this loss happened (may be wrong on this one).

(23:36:15Z) Agoze
Maulus -2.56m

Finding a few destroyers outside a plex, I sent scouts and vanguard in. 2 vanguard unfortunately got taken out, but we managed to kill a good bit of stuff.

(23:41:28Z) Moclinamaud, Renarelle
Punisher -12.02m
Incursus -11.32m
Catalyst +13.05m
Catalyst +15.3m
Catalyst +12.81m
Talwar +6.3m
Capsule +0.01m
Rifter +6.31m

Scout got taken out while checking on a large in Nen.

(00:01:06Z) Nennamaila
Slasher -6.04m

Pretty sure that this was just three fleet members separating to kill a destroyer, giving that I don't remember anything about it.

(00:06:10Z) Nennamaila
Catalyst +13.9m

One of our vanguard gets taken out again when we were engaging a thrasher.

(00:18:05Z) Kinakka
Federation Navy Comet -33.85m
Thrasher +11.68m
Capsule +0.01m

Got a punisher, hookbill, and rupture (also not everybody got on all the kills, as vanguard was going down).

(00:27:05Z) Akidagi
Punisher +8.89m
Atron -1.14m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +21.48m
Rupture +33.2m

After this, I was getting tired and don't remember too much that happened.

We ended up fight a small RvB cruiser/battlecruiser gang. We engaged a flashy prophecy on a gate and didn't stop when more of their fleet arrived. We scattered after it went down, with Sketchy taking down an ares before going down himself. Regarding that 93M griffin loss, I'm going to assume that those boosters were picked up as loot. Gerrath, feel free to comment about that if you wish.

(00:39:36Z) Akidagi
Griffin -93.31m
Tristan -13.74m
Tristan -12.99m
Prophecy +77.04m
Federation Navy Comet -34.17m
Federation Navy Comet -26.23m
Imperial Navy Slicer -39.16m
Ares +50.08m
Dramiel -55.21m

We ran into a Bebop fleet that we couldn't take, and we lost what I consider a surprising number of people to them. A few minutes later though, we killed a few frigates that weren't in their fleet and got a really expensive pod.

(00:49:18Z) Akidagi, Nennamaila, Hikkoken
Atron -7.76m
Atron -7.51m
Merlin -6.52m
Merlin -8.77m
Capsule -0.01m
Merlin -8.76m
Tristan +2.89m
Incursus +8.07m
Capsule +248.95m

We got a vexor a few minutes after our last kill, losing a condor to it however.

Condor -1.63m
Capsule -0.01m
Vexor +35.09m

On our way back, we ran into a vexor that didn't have the best fit.

(01:26:03Z) Murethand
Vexor +17.39m
Capsule +0.01m

I feel like I made many mistakes in this fleet. Whether it be indecisiveness, not going for enough fights or just being too worried about isk efficiency (something that I aimed to not care about in this fleet, and instead aim for getting into good, fun fights. It's boring if you don't take any fight you're not guaranteed to win.) There were a few times where I chose not to take a fight that we should have.

I also felt like we were spending too much time waiting on gates for intel from the scout. I would have liked multiple, but since it was hard enough to get one volunteer, that was not possible. This could have been a shotgun style fleet, were everybody jumps into system at once and warps to a random plex, hoping to catch people that aren't too fast at warping off or not paying 100% attention to local. If you have any good tips on how to reduce time waiting on gates, comment them below.

Given that there were a few new people and looking at some of the fits, I should have offered people more help with their fits.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 582,446,746.78
ISK Lost: 382,692,569.43
ISK Delta: 199,754,177.35
Efficiency: 60.348%