[FLEET] Astro Pixel Zombie Spaceship Boogie

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

[FLEET] Astro Pixel Zombie Spaceship Boogie

Post by Glen Burney »

OK, well that was... a fleet... I hope everyone had a great time, I know I did... Again if anyone wants SRP that has not requested it, you can request UNI SRP of course if you are a Unista, and if not, just Eve-mail me with your request. Personal SRP wallet was fattened on the order of 275M, which covers more than 50% of our losses, and would fund all of our SRP for this fleet.

We started out pretty late, which I do apologize for, I wanted to wait because there was a L2L connection in Covryn, and I really do love the idea of jumping far away and roaming strange lowsec pipes. It wasn't completely a waste though, because some wise folks with an eye on Dotlan suggested a system just off our pipe, and we baited with our Battle Exeq to great effect:

(02:52:24Z) Chej
Proteus +1017.82m

Then, another 20-ish jumps later, we started to come across more activity, first pushing off a small gatecamp in Abune, and wiping out an unlucky hawk in Pynekastoh:

Merlin +3.18m
Hawk +51.72m
Capsule +0.01m

And then finally, some action at the gate between Hikkoken and Nennamaila. In this engagement, we heard about the Phantasm, and worked him on both sides of the gate. Then we all kind of hung out on both sides and worked on whatever was hanging around. We lost one to gate guns, careful boys... And then we were introduced to the Exodus kitey stuff in the form of a snipey Magus.

(03:57:26Z) Hikkoken, Nennamaila
Phantasm +360.44m
Thrasher +11.23m
Algos -10.81m
Brutix +97.56m
Capsule +93.54m
Thrasher +11.9m
Thrasher -5.41m
Maulus -8.3m
Condor -5.27m
Crow -50.1m

We took a break for a few minutes and undocked to an Exodus Gila, 2-3 Command dessies, and 3-4 Interceptors. I continue to be impressed with their kiting ability, next time we see this I do want 2-3 Hyena and we will ball up on a command dessie. The other thing we could is take out Talwars or some other ranged option, that would really give these kiters trouble. But I ordered us back into the breach 2 times after the initial losses, and I should not have done that.

Actually, looking at the losses, I do want to commend everyone who LIVED. Not a knock on any of the pilots who lost ships (and I lost two), but my favorite FC command is "Don't Die" and you all did a great job on that. During the heat of that battle, I thought we had lost many more.

(04:20:34Z) Nennamaila
Confessor -71.11m
Catalyst -12.25m
Burst -3.1m
Svipul -77.81m
Thrasher -13.01m
Merlin -5.28m
Vexor -28.55m

OK. We finally left Nenn and headed up to Tama where things went much more like I'm used to on these fleets. An Exeq was sitting off the Highsec gate for no reason, and some other fools just trickled into us at a Blood Raider Site:

(04:43:21Z) Tama
Exequror +33.18m
Omen Navy Issue +136.17m
Rupture +35.25m
Raven +254.89m
Capsule +0.01m

Then we tried to boosh a Typhoon off the station a bunch of times with no luck... As we tried to seperate him from a Phoenix sitting on station we lost a few, and that, as they say, was that:

(05:13:40Z) Tama
Coercer -14.11m
Svipul -78.37m
Exequror -34.55m
Algos -10.96m

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what I learned:
- Double check at the beginning for long-range webs, ideally with a fleet our size we would have 2 Hyenas.
- Carefully consider re-engaging something that has already demonstrated the ability to handle our fleet.
- Carefully consider who to tackle in engagements... In Nenn against that kitey fleet, I looked off the Gila a few times to chase the Command Destroyers who were closer. The Command Dessies of course could do like 5k, so maybe we should have chased the Gila. We could have used our fleet instead to push off the tackling interceptors, so that we could all get out. The issue there really was engaging them in the first place.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,106,878,660.67
ISK Lost: 428,994,706.13
ISK Delta: 1,677,883,954.54
Efficiency: 83.083%

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)