[AAR] Solitude Vexor Vigilantes

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude Vexor Vigilantes

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
This was a fun, but strange, but fun fleet. We rolled through low sec, traded a Malediction for a Catalyst, ran some event sites and then killed a Stratios pilot who DC'd after his other Stratios and Ashimmu buddies abandoned him.

Pirates:
Spoiler
Anna Iwaira - Tackle
Calder Ormand - 1 Scout
Crimson Herring - 2 Scout
Donal MacGregor - Logi
Fingers Valente - DD
Harai Rex - DD
Imad Gratia - DD
Razer Thukkerkin - DD
Rebulah Conundrum - DD
Talman Drak - Tackle
Yuri Levnik - FC
Zeon Alabel - Logi
Our evening started on a sad note as Rebulah got blown up in a gate camp while trying to join the fleet. Getting to Soli is tough, y'all - I appreciate the brave folks who fly down through null without travelceptors and join us on our fleets (;
(23:17:15Z) ZVN5-H
Capsule -0.01m

After departing, we roamed west. There were some shenanigans afoot in Y9G but we headed through. Calder scouted into Yveve and found a Catalyst. We had the fleet on the other side of the gate but I told Calder to hold fire since inties wither under gate guns. The Catalyst aggressed and melted Calder under withering DPS. We jumped as soon as the pilot red boxed but the blasters got Calder almost instantly. The gate guns got revenge for us though. Calder, future note, the cavalry is slow; keep at range on them blaster boats and don't count on us for repairs );
(23:52:14Z) Yveve
Malediction -52.94m
Catalyst +12.42m

We roamed on and tried to bait a Tengu by pretending we were a PVE fleet running an event site. We succeeded at completing the site but the Tengu didn't bite (though the pilot thought about it for a long time). A gang of Ashimmu/Stratios/Stratios came into system. We tried the same baiting tactic and they also thought about it but left. We roamed out to the Aridia border and then made our way back to Hare where we ran into the gang again. Calder called a Stratios sitting on gate while the rest of the gang jumped through. We warped over expecting a clever ruse. Instead, we found and killed an AFK Stratios. Valuable kill, but I felt a little bad after finding out the pilot did not have a clever plan and was just AFK...
(01:01:06Z) Hare
Stratios +642.72m

At the end of the fleet we combat probed down a Vexor Navy Issue but I was not able to get our tackle in position on it and it warped off. That's something for us to work on.

Overall, our stats were good thanks to the AFK Stratios:
ISK Destroyed: 655,138,395.34
ISK Lost: 52,949,404
ISK Delta: 602,188,991.34
Efficiency: 92.522%

What went well:
  • -As usual, we flew well. The fleet kept together and I don't think we had any lemmings. Overall very nice work, y'all made me proud.
    -We had two first time logi pilots who nobly shipped into Exequrors so we could have a logi wing. Our broadcasts for repairs were a little weak but the logi wing did an excellent job of keeping everyone alive, from the fragilest frigate to the tankiest Vexor. I was especially glad to have logi when we killed the Stratios under gate guns.
    -Scouts did great. Good intel, and Calder in particular was pretty much always where I needed my 1 scout before I even asked (;
    -Fleet comp was solid - ample tackle, a Hyena for bonused webs and a logi wing. Very pleased.
    -Calder combat scanned down a nice target.
    -We ran some event sites and got some loot. Ended up donating a fair bit of loot to Event Hotizon which will be nice for everyone.
    -I had fun!
What could have gone better:
  • -I was indecisive on some targets, notably a Raven Navy Issue and the Ashimmu/Stratios/Stratios gang. I still don't have a good intuitive feel for what we can take under gate guns.
    -We did not have Vexors on contract and Anna had to scramble to get some rustled up before fleet. The Solitude market was missing several key modules, notably the meta guns and Refuge Adaptive Nano Plating, neither of which were available at any price anywhere in Soli.
    -None of our usual fleet fight buddies were available for an arranged fight.
    -We were not able to capitalize on Calder's combat scanning );
Overall, a good weird night out. Thanks to everyone who attended!
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Solitude Vexor Vigilantes

Post by Budda Sereda »

Calder, future note, the cavalry is slow
Sounds more like Elephants ? :)