Phaethonx Brutor
Thrane Moraius
Tsuwen Sun - Secondary Scout
Tyler Arnoux
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye
lswjnek Oxkold

Kills and Losses

We started out of Stacmon; there was a large gatecamp on the Agoze gate in Ostingele. Recons, T3Cs and a Carrier. We took a detour off the yellow brick road to avoid this going through Pelille and a few jumps of highsec. Unfortunately we lost one fleetmate to an accidental warp to the yellow brick road, and one who was headed to Stacmon to ship up.

(00:54:51Z) Ostingele
Punisher -5.12m
Caldari Shuttle -0.01m
Capsule -147.49m

We pass through Aldranette on our way to Odamia, as there looks to be a lot of ratting going on in that system. Our scout finds a Breacher and a Dramiel both inside a novice plex. Harai slides, and gets tackle on the Dramiel. We spike system but by the time we arrive, the Dramiel pilot is able to burn through our tackler. He escapes before anyone else can catch him.

(01:27:49Z) Aldranette
Atron -3.64m

There is nothing interesting in Odamia, so we continue towards Black Rise. In Pynekastoh, our scout finds a pair of combat Procurers. We tackle them and begin the process of slowly whittling them down. They are able to pin and kill two of our frigates that went in for scrams. They are hull tanked so it takes quite a long time to chew through their tanks. Eventually I call their drones primary, as we have them close to permajammed, and that is their only source of dps.

(01:44:59Z) Pynekastoh
Atron -1.99m
Atron -11.53m
Procurer +40.91m
Procurer +45.27m

All the while we have carriers and dreads on close d-scan from us at a cyno, on our way out of system Kirsid decides he wants to go see them; he warps in and is PDSed immediately by the fort the caps are sitting on.

(02:02:12Z) Pynekastoh
Kestrel -10.98m
Capsule -0.01m

We happen upon an Exodus gang of around 7 members in Reitsato. I'm willing to try and take them if they slide into us, so I call to warp to the nearest empty medium and slide. On our way in our Cruor pilot gets caught, and I'm left with the dilema of whether or not to try and help him. I make the wrong call and tell the fleet to bounce and come back to the outside of the plex. By the time we land, the Cruor has already popped and his friends are all on grid. We align out to the sun, but we are very quickly all popped by the superior range and application of their crew.

(02:07:58Z) Reitsato
Cruor -94.37m
Kestrel -5.13m
Kestrel -8.13m
Atron -14.73m
Atron -2.68m

After reshipping in Ichoria, we lose Harai once again to a Blaster Comet in Nennamaila. I should know to send vanguard when a scout calls a high dps target.

(02:34:28Z) Nennamaila
Condor -1.82m

In Renarelle I try and take a fight on a gate and it goes badly. I am flashy, so I plan on using myself as bait for the incoming non-flashy algos. I tell the remaining members of the fleet to align out to a close celestial or ping and aggro the algos. Due to our lack of tank and a lapse in my communication, we lose 3 members to gate guns, and by the time anyone gets back on grid I am down.

(02:47:53Z) Renarelle
Griffin -17.79m
Atron -1.99m
Tristan -7.36m
Merlin -7.69m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 86,186,253.34
ISK Lost: 342,484,178.57
ISK Delta: -256,297,925.23
Efficiency: 20.105%

Retrospective
Overall an okay fleet. Made mistakes in terms of deciding whether or not to take fights. Whelped a significant part of the fleet where I could have easily only lost one pilot. Harai and Tsuwen did great scouting. Harai lost 4 ships over the course of this fleet. I think this means I should be sending vanguard sooner rather than later.

This doctrine doesn't really work with the current lowsec meta. Light missile are okay, especially on Kestrels, because with the range bonus you are able to apply outside of most RLML ship ranges. However getting a turret boat frigate to hit out to 40k means you are doing little to no dps at all. As such I set the target optimal for this fleet at 20k. That is great when you're fighting solo vs a brawler or scram kiter, but when fighting upship you are at a significant disadvantage. The general lack of tank when it comes to kitey frigs means T3Ds and RLML spam will easily shred your entire fleet. The 20k range means you still have to close around 10k before you are applying. I may try this one more time with the standard hyperkittens/kestrels.