[AAR] MTU killer Trap fleet

Magnar Eriksson
Title: Sophomore

[AAR] MTU killer Trap fleet

Post by Magnar Eriksson »

In the last week or so an MTU killer has setup shop around HSC and killed a number of unibro's MTUs including one of my own.

I was missioning in Amygnon and had 2 MTUs out, the first of which could be directly warped to, when I saw the MTU killer enter system (Ganolen Morningwood). I started spamming dscan to see if he was on the look out for MTUs again and saw combat probes out. I quickly docked up and switched to a vigilant and posted in standing fleet that the MTU killer was on.

I decided to leave my MTUs out and set a trap. The mtu killer went flashy killing another unibro's MTU first but as he wasn't in standing fleet I couldn't warp to him to assist. Ganolen then docked up to wait out the timer and I quickly organsied a trap fleet from unistas already in system.

Fleet Members:
Magnar Eriksson - Cruiser DD
Neufrau Simalia- frigate tackle
Calvin Fidard - frigate DD
Triss Isu - cruiser DD

The vigilant (me) then went to sit on the Amygnon gate in Jufvitte to encourage the MTU killer to attack the MTU. The rest of the fleet positioned themselves at the sun (5au away) while we waited for him to strike again.

He went flashy and the 2 frigates landed first and quickly tackled, the vigi arrived soon after and we quickly downed the Algos, replying with the MTU killers catch phrase in local "thanks for the donation".

Atron - 5mil
Algos + 7.4 mil

Total Destroyed - 7.4mil
Total Lost - 5 mil
Total Loot Recovered - 9 mil (including enemy drones)
Fleet Delta - +2.4mil
Fleet Efficiency - 59.677%

Reflections / Lessons
Being in standing fleet would have saved the first MTU loss.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] MTU killer Trap fleet

Post by Budda Sereda »

Good job Magnar! What's next? (Consider getting into FCC and hunt for bigger targets)
Magnar Eriksson
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] MTU killer Trap fleet

Post by Magnar Eriksson »

My available time is too unpredictable to be an FC (kids), I'll mostly just hang around HSC and try form up QRFs when the need arises and also do some more Spider missioning fleets as they seemed to get a good response last time. Im also training an orca alt to provide some boosts eventually to the HSC miners.