[FLEET] Silly talwars to the death

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] Silly talwars to the death

Post by Kora K »

o/

Adrien had a BLAP Talwars planned this evening, but unfortunately some real life aggro got the better of him. Since I never FCed this kind of fleet (95% sure about that tho), and everyone was willing to go out, we formed anyway and went out. We had a nice WH connection to Querious, thanks to DeanSherman, which allowed us to discover new exotic places :D Thanks again everyone for joining, I hope you had fun.

We were a bit low on talwars, but we managed to score some nice kills. The WH connection was also EOL, so I warned everyone it was a one way trip :)
Spoiler
Roam members (18) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
B'aldrick Aivoras
Calder Ormand
Crumllin
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
Eddie Dante
Gemma Solett
Kora K
Oh' Leeador
Porsche Amarr
Troven Smalvard
Tsuwen Sun
Wheat Fields
Wokum
Zana Fehrnah
ashahara
bringdapain
petosorus
Our entrance was 8-GE2P. My initial plan was to go towards ED-, and then loop around Querious to go to Delve via the North. We first looked around the whole ZAU pocket, hoping to rattle some cages and prompt a QRF. We were followed for a while by a ceptor, but nothing came out of it. The south was also boring, so I had the scouts have a look around ED-, and they saw some activity there, between ED- and 3-F. It included 2 carriers, but I wanted to see what it could go against their support ships.

We first poked a lone Onyx at 0 in 3-F on the ED- gate, but he was not doing much, and some machariels were flying around. We deagressed, when we saw a Hurricane jumping into ED-. We followed, tackled him, and got rid of him in an efficient fashion. I don't remember exactly when, but a SB tried to bomb the fleet around that time.

Anyway, that's when the 2 carriers (Thany and Nid) decided to warp to the gate. We warped to a safe, waited our weapons timer, and jumped back into 3-F. The 2 carriers were there, as was the Onyx. I was a bit hesitant to go after the Onyx, but I though we could kill him and keep most of our talwars alive. He bubbled us immediately after jumping, and we started aligning to Efa prop mod on. I asked people to warp off if they were red-boxed, but it ended up being a bad idea :)

The Machs we saw ealier were waiting on the Efa gate, ready with smartbombs. We lost all our talwars to them, but none to the carriers :D We still managed to trade the Onyx for 4 talwars, which is not bad imo.

Kills and Losses
(19:02:17Z) ED-L9T
Hurricane +82.79m

(19:09:32Z) 3-FKCZ
Talwar -7.32m
Talwar -14.4m
Onyx +514.3m
Talwar -17.78m
Capsule -29.3m
Talwar -9.14m
Capsule -6m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

After the fight we went to Badifevi to dock and take a bio. The death roam was still not finished. After some discussions, we decided to go to HED-GP instead of going back to Querious. I planned a route deep into Brave/Test territory, and off we popped. There was a few big fleets around, including a Horde Ferox one. So we spend most of our time avoiding them while looking for stragglers / lone targets. We almost got one in SV5, but the Horde fleet landed on us while he was low shield. We had to bail, and lost 3 more talwars.

(19:39:31Z) SV5-8N
Talwar -10.59m
Talwar -10.42m
Talwar -12.78m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Next, we saw a Harpy fleet flying around. We warped to the sun at 50km and called them in local for a good old brawl at the sun. We tried to break the Kirins, but we had way too few talwars to do that. It was the same for the Harpies, so after losing another batch of talwars we bailed.

(20:02:23Z) 9KOE-A
Talwar -10.06m
Talwar -8.47m
Keres -47.89m
Talwar -8.92m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

My memory starts getting fuzzy at this point, but I remember how we catch the Daredevil. Since we were really low on numbers, we looked for anything to kill. The Daredevil managed to escape us a few time, until he warped in the direction of 2 POCOS. I warped the fleet to one of them, hoping we would land on him, which was not the case. Fortunately, Decklin warped to the other one, and tackled the Daredevil, who was taunting us in local. He died and we kept going South.

(20:29:08Z) 3-OKDA
Cormorant +1.45m
Daredevil +78.72m
Capsule +0.01m

Since it was getting late, we set our final destination to NH-, with each scouts going to a different "branch" of the route. Again, I followed the wrong one, and we lost a Rattle kill for that. Troven, who was on the other branch form the fleet, managed to tackle a Rattle while we were 3-4 jumps away. Unfortunately, by the time we arrived, he had to bail so he could stay alive. A sabre was also coming to the rescue of the rattle. Really well done Troven and everyone, next time we'll got him :)

At this point we had 5 talwars and a scout left, so we started to go back towards HED-GP, hoping to whelp on the way. We poked Brave with a stick in GE-, without much result. They were ready'ing themselves for a CTA or big fleet.

(20:53:22Z) U-QVWD, GE-8JV
Magnate +3.85m
Capsule +0.01m
Navitas +6.98m
Capsule +27.69m

We lost a straggler on the way back, so down to 4 now :)
Talwar -20.18m

A sabre was waiting for us in 9KOE, which was perfect. We started engaging him, when at least 6 falcons landed on us and started over jamming everyone on grid. We bagged the sabre tho, and lost only 2 talwars. I died there, but I could have escaped a thousand time, if I was not lazy to get this ship back to a station :D It was a death roam anyway, even if some people escaped and made their way to safety : Congratulations to Decklin, ashahara and Tsuwen :)
(21:03:01Z) 9KOE-A
Sabre +93.86m
Talwar -12.25m
Talwar -12.7m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 809,647,691.36
ISK Lost: 238,281,719.02
ISK Delta: 571,365,972.34
Efficiency: 77.262%

- Nothing much to say, expect you need at least 20-30 talwars for a full, well organized roam. It was pretty fun tho, and I'm glad we got this WH connection. We did killed some nice stuffs, so it was pretty fun.
- I did not spell checked, sorry :)
Last edited by Kora K on 2017.10.16 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Re: [FLEET] Silly talwars to the death

Post by Troven Smalvard »

It was def Deckiln on the daredevil, not my credit, i didn't even get on the killmaill :D
and he was super fast to land second tackle on the rattle, to be fair cap was the main issue waiting on you slow pokes :P
hmmmm.... cap booster on a cepter instead of the scram next time? :twilightoops:

not much in space, their intel channels actually appeared to work for once, but was still a fun fleet out with the gang
ImageImage ImageImage
Kora K

Post by Kora K »

Troven Smalvard wrote:It was def Deckiln on the daredevil, not my credit, i didn't even get on the killmaill :D
and he was super fast to land second tackle on the rattle, to be fair cap was the main issue waiting on you slow pokes :P
hmmmm.... cap booster on a cepter instead of the scram next time? :twilightoops:

not much in space, their intel channels actually appeared to work for once, but was still a fun fleet out with the gang
Corrected :)

Yeah, it seems Brave is more "organized" when it comes to intel. No one alone in belts or on gates around the staging system.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Troven Smalvard wrote: hmmmm.... cap booster on a cepter instead of the scram next time? :twilightoops:
New meta! :)
Sturym

Post by Sturym »

Glad to hear you had more success than Soli's Talwar woomp woomp... I am not a fan of them... but good to see in large numbers that they can be effective.
Kora K

Post by Kora K »

Sturym wrote:Glad to hear you had more success than Soli's Talwar woomp woomp... I am not a fan of them... but good to see in large numbers that they can be effective.
I'm usually not a big fan of Talwars or Cormorant, but we got lucky to have a nice WH to 2 active PVP regions.