[The Crazy 8's] T2 Armor Frigates - 3: E-Uni beats PH

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[The Crazy 8's] T2 Armor Frigates - 3: E-Uni beats PH

Post by Budda Sereda »

Not that we really have beaten them to death, :) But even though we needed to run away, we won the ISK battle on the gate to their home system :)

This was a Crazy 8's fleet (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 43#p875543 )

0. Forming up.
Today we got 19 pilots:
3 logies, 2 EWar (Keres and Sentinel), 6 players in scoutish ships (Taranises and Maledictions), the rest DDs in Enyo and

1. Not have much content in Syndicate.

We could not go to Horde space via Placid due to Incursion in Ost-Agoze so I decided to go through the Syndicate. Later (thanks Breeze) I learned there was a way through high-sec and Essense. For quite a while we did not have much content. There were few exceptions:

The first was a long confessor who was jumped through us few times and was not able to escape once. :)

(02:43:11Z) PF-346
Confessor +78.36m

The second exception was a Deimos on the gate in low-sec. We tried to get him on the gate but he was able to tank us to jump through. We lost 2 tackles due to gate guns, after the short briefing we gave up and moved on.

(02:55:21Z) Arderonne
Malediction -52.52m
Taranis -57.65m
I'm surprised you guys lost here: both Malediction and Taranis are paper think speaking about gate guns.

Before jumping to Pure Blind we successfully escaped the gang of 70-80 PH ships... Thanks scouts!!!
I don't remember who called that, but it was fun: "you guys better run-out of the gate ASAP". :) I did hesitate for a second, but later followed with "bounce-bounce-bounce"
First I thought they decided to gate camp hard on Mantenaut/RQH gate and decided to move into a Black Rise, but no they were moving between systems so we found a moment to jump into the Pure Blind.

There were not much content until Z0X tackled VNI: I saw an NPC kill-active area, asked him to look into it. And not believing in the success kept the fleet near the 7RM. Fortunately, he tackled the VNI, but unfortunately quite shortly was jammed by drones... :(
Once I heard that Z0X found VNI my first reaction was to ask him to not tackle until we come closer. But, VNI could just dock up.
As a better option, we could ask Z0X to jump out of the system... which would let VNI to come back to ratting.
I believe that would be better course of actions. Thoughts?

2. Fight with PH.

After that after some frustration we went back to 7RM, I saw a Prophecy sitting on the citadel, asked in local "anybody wants to fight" and in less than 2 minutes got a Thrasher, few small destroyers, BCs, BSs, and even a Marauder. And they kept adding stuf while we kept killing them :) Was very fun!

To be honest, my first intention was to kill Ferox and run away, but ... I was not aware how powerful 3 T2 logies are and how small are T2 frigates to shoot. Plus I believe PH pilots (those who stayed home and did not join 80-pilots gang) were really inexperienced or non-coordinated. As a confirmation of that I can say that before disengagement I was double neuted, nosed, and webbed, but neither pointed, no scrammed... https://i.imgur.com/o1qG0kX.jpg

Anyway, It was an intense fight: I was calling primaries that were worth killing and ignoring small T1 frigates and destroyers otherwise we would waste quite a bit of time running.

(03:36:50Z) 7RM-N0, F-NMX6
Thrasher +10.98m
Capsule +0.01m
Ferox +367.35m
Taranis -53.86m
Brutix +98.28m
Capsule +0.01m
Sabre +100.62m
Federation Navy Comet -24.52m
Retribution -57.2m
Prophecy +97.37m
Deacon -59.15m
Hurricane +73.98m
Taranis -51.05m
Taranis -57.39m

Stats of engagement with PH:
ISK Destroyed: 748,601,634.91
ISK Lost: 303,168,591.38
ISK Delta: 445,433,043.53
Efficiency: 71.175%

We got few loses, but I was saved by logies and I'm sure many of us as well. T2 AF again has shown themselves quite tanky and we lost pretty much only Scouts/tackles.

3. Back to Black Rise.

We made a small break and as there were quite a few bloodthirsty pilots and the way back to Stackmon was quite far (because of incursion in Ost and Ago) we went to Black Rise.

This part of the fleet was not as cool as the majority of "Crazy 8's" pilots (those who really make this fleet a brand one by finding many targets) already left (it's really hard to reship). We still had quite a few engagements but did not get many kills.

Z0X found afk-plexing Venture
Venture +0.2m

I found a Cormorant in a plex but needed to kill it before fleet arrived as was taking a heavy damage:
(04:17:04Z) Nennamaila
Cormorant +20.28m

Few times I jumped fleet into a gate camp without getting intel first. Sorry guys.

Nemesis -98.63m
Capsule -287.74m
Space, I would love to hear what did happen here... I don't remember this engagement...?

Z0X found a breacher for us
(04:17:04Z) Hikkoken
Breacher +6.15m

Don't remember many details on this loss:
(04:31:26Z) Pynekastoh
Taranis -40.82m

Hero tackle on NOmen rarely works. I called Rasteros that he is TOO far from logies, but...
(04:41:37Z) Tama
Crusader -39.47m

Z0X keep looking for afk-plexers :)
(04:53:16Z) Heydieles
Venture +0.2m

Flashy Atron somehow engaged my on the gate. I was flashy too, but how did he expect to kill a T2 AF? Did he think I'm a rail-fit?
(05:00:28Z) Hikkoken
Atron +12.78m

The last interesting engagement happened in Nen on Akidagi gate already when I was going to call it a night. Guys first found a kiting Stabber. I was almost killed by him, but was saved by logies. At some point he got reinforcements and make small mistake, but it was enough to tackle and kill him. After that we got Orthrus, NOmen on the grid and I called to bounce. Arrek in Deacon was caught...

The Bigger problem appeared that my blood was still hot and I landed on the flashy Drake. I assume that he was not related to that gang (he was already on the gate when I landed). So when he red-boxed me and even though fleet was not on the gate I called "Warp to Budda at 0" and took the fight. Unfortunately, while logy landed I was down. At this moment more from opposing fleet joined as again...
I probably should have called bounce as that gang landed on the grid, but failed and we lost the rest of the fleet. I'm sorry.

(05:06:50Z) Akidagi, Nennamaila
Crucifier +3.27m
Stabber +35.39m
Deacon -89.34m
Capsule +0.01m
Enyo -48.77m
Keres -46.41m
Enyo -42.63m
Enyo -45.04m
Capsule -0.01m

Anyway, I believe overall fleet went well, though less cool than first two times.

Good things:
1. We did find content in 7RM. Thanks to PH pilots who decided to give us a fight.
2. Logies: my kudos to you all! Unlikely to other fleets, logies were alive for quite awhile! I guess opponents were assuming frigates are easy to kill even with logies and tried to break DDs first. And only switched to logies when realized that T2 AF catch rep very well. Though, PvPers in Black Rise indeed killed Deacon first. Extended SRP was sent to pilots. I believe we only lost 2 logies?
3. Comms: even though we had 6 scouts and FC, comms were quite clean and clear. Once I felt we are closing to mess things up, but it did self-regulate
4. We hit and run PH in their home and escaped in a quite solid numbers!

Could be better:
1. I don't know how effective was Keres. @Trevor: can you please share your thoughts? I feel we needed to have a ReSeBo on you to make you more effective? Though, I'm not sure who landed a tackle on that Hurricane in F-N Also with big enough set of scouts, Keres is probably not as crucial for the fleet.
2. Impossible to reship in nul-sec. I was experienced this issue in the past joining other fleets, and today I felt bad for pilots who were unlucky to be primaried early in the fight. Not sure what is the solution, I only hope that next fleet you will be able enjoy flying longer!
3. We lost quite a lot of Taranises. I understand their tank is worse... and maybe we don't need as many for the nul-sec fleets? Please share your thoughts guys.
4. We did not have dictors/probbers/links in this fleet. Not that they would tremendously helped, but something I missed during the form-up.

P.S.
Feedback.
Please share your feedback: https://goo.gl/forms/W6OTiwPMD2Lu1lmL2 In particular I would like to hear feedback on my 'interpersonal' skills. I feel like my "Can you check" or "Can you warp please" not polite enough. Is this the case? Any other feedback is also welcome!
Budda Sereda

Re: [The Crazy 8's] T2 Armor Frigates - 3: E-Uni beats PH

Post by Budda Sereda »

4. We did not have dictors/probbers/links in this fleet. Not that they would tremendously helped, but something I missed during the form-up.
Actually, CD with MJFG would really help: we would booshed that Deimos and killed it. Also, a bit higher resist (together with decent DPS) would be a good addition to the fleet.
Rose Alice

Post by Rose Alice »

My experience is command destroyers are better than t3ds better utility. The booshing ability is great coupled with boosting g. And they warp the same speed as dictors and frig logi.

The only way I find t3ds are better is an ab fit when your on 0 on someone...say hitting rattlesnakes running sites and you had to go through a frig wormhole.
Space Warfare Development
Title: Bomber Girl, Teacher

Post by Space Warfare Development »

Nemesis -98.63m
Capsule -287.74m
Space, I would love to hear what did happen here... I don't remember this engagement...?
-------------------
I arrived late to the acceleration gate. The fight was over. I got greedy and died.
I spotted and burned toward three tech II drones 70km below the gate.
By the time I collected the second drone, the fleet warped onward.
By the time I was within 2km of the third drone, a garmur landed.
I tried to turn and warp to the sun, but my alignment was very slow, love that 12 second Nemesis turn time.
The garmur locked, warp scrambled and used missiles to destroy my ship in two volleys.
I had high-end implants to shrink the torpedo explosion radius down from battlecruiser size targets to cruiser size targets, but that idea does not work for smaller ships.

Lesson learned: Don't get greedy, grab one drone, call that a win, and get out.
Remember the Dscan, 12-seconds to escape, and stay cloaked.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Space Warfare Development wrote:(04:17:04Z) Nennamaila
Nemesis -98.63m
Capsule -287.74m
-------------------
I arrived late to the acceleration gate. The fight was over. I got greedy and died.
I spotted and burned toward three tech II drones 70km below the gate.
By the time I collected the second drone, the fleet warped onward.
By the time I was within 2km of the third drone, a garmur landed.
I tried to turn and warp to the sun, but my alignment was very slow, love that 12 second Nemesis turn time.
The garmur locked, warp scrambled and used missiles to destroy my ship in two volleys.
I had high-end implants to shrink the torpedo explosion radius down from battlecruiser size targets to cruiser size targets, but that idea does not work for smaller ships.

Lesson learned: Don't get greedy, grab one drone, call that a win, and get out.
Remember the Dscan, 12-seconds to escape, and stay cloaked.
OMG, losing bomber because of drones... :)

I guess that's a good lesson... Appreciate you being honest and admitting mistakes! Hope this will teach others too, which is also a purpose of AARs.

But how did Garmur locked your pod? If you are going to die you need to click on the sun in the overview and spam warp button. I can't imagine Garmur can lock you in less than 1 second... so you should have escaped..? Even better if you spend a quarter of a second to open pod-saver tab and warp to one of celestials over there.