[FLEET] Solitude Impromptu Roam

Yuri Levnik

[FLEET] Solitude Impromptu Roam

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
A few of us Solidudes had a hankering for some PVP so we formed up a fleet to go mess around in null. I was very slow on the draw and we ended up with an unfortunate K/D ratio for the night, though we did learn a few things and get a couple kills.

Roam members (7)
Spoiler
Anna Iwaira
Crimson Herring
Dunbartian Wonderwood
Ron Veda
Space Warfare Development
Sturym
Yuri Levnik
Things got off to an inauspicious start when the fleet got split by a decent gate camp from Cavemen and friends in Y9G on the 97X gate. I suggested those of us on the Solitude side of the camp try to run it. Alas, the campers were on the ball and got their interdictor through the gate immediately, and a couple slower-aligning cruisers did not get out in time. The camp was quite large and sadly not engageable so we got no kills. Sorry guys, should not have sent y'all through to run a camp in cruisers.
(01:02:30Z) 97X-CH
Caracal -34.23m
Caracal -14.77m

Anna went back through to Y9G in an interceptor to see what was going on and found out that the camp included an instalocker Garmur. Meanwhile, Crimson did not receive backup for his hero Griffin.
(01:17:15Z) PC9-AY, Y9G-KS
Griffin -1.29m
Crow -35.29m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

We decided to head down the VV- route and pester 404. We got our first kill of the night we tackled and killed a hapless Atron on a gate.
(01:35:29Z) 35-RK9
Atron +3.32m

The 404 guys reformed into the gang we chased around last night - four Vexors, Malediction and Exequror. I was not particularly enthusiastic about our odds as we had at this point a HAC, a Caracal, two interceptors and a stealth bomber. We decided to fight anyway. Dunbartian had a Deimos he wanted to lose and the rest of us came out for combat. The Deimos dropped alarmingly quickly, though we did get the Exequror. Our stealth bomber pilot was too brave for his own good and stayed on grid long enough to get tackled. Expensive losses - we traded poorly for our kill. I was a cowardly ceptor pilot and stayed out of range...
(01:48:00Z) IIRH-G
Deimos -256.42m
Exequror 24.70m
Caracal -31.66m
Nemesis -105.92m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 28.02m
ISK Lost: 479.60m
ISK Delta: -451.58
Efficiency: 6%

What went well:
  • -We undocked
    -We fought
    -We killed a couple of things
    -We learned some things via painful experience
What could have gone better:
  • -Nearly a half billion in losses and single digit efficiency. Not a great addition to my FC resume );
    -I was not on my game, particularly with thinking through the gate camp
Thanks to all who came out, and sorry about them losses -
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Dunbartian Wonderwood
Title: Sophomore

Re: [FLEET] Solitude Impromptu Roam

Post by Dunbartian Wonderwood »

This impromptu fleet was super cool. That Deimos has been sitting around for pretty much forever, and I wanted to take it out for a maiden voyage à la The Titanic. I may still not be the greatest at PvP, but this was still super enjoyable! Thanks for being FC!
Sturym

Post by Sturym »

I have to say is... I hurt.

hahaha It was fun, and I'm glad we got that Exec. Once I was pointed, I knew I was going down, so I overheated my hardeners and missiles to take that sonofa down.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

I was a cowardly ceptor pilot and stayed out of range...
Were you FCing in a ceptor? Not sure if that was the best idea: FC better stay at mainline ship. I know sometimes different things happen, but...

And if you are a ceptor pilot you pretty much MUST stay at a reasonable range so you can land a tackle when needed (FC should call, or if you FC yourself you make your decision).

But the problem FCing in a ceptor is that you can rarely see how is fleet doing in terms of applying DPS. You should think how to stay alive and land a tackle on a secondary target.
Anna Iwaira

Post by Anna Iwaira »

our mainline ship was ceptors i think, it was just a case of bring something speedy