[NSC] Lots of content in NSC

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[NSC] Lots of content in NSC

Post by Budda Sereda »

This evening I did not plan to run fleet, killed few ships as part of Monday Mayhem with The Init group.

1. Warm-up.

While I was coming into PC9 guys engaged with guests and killed Stabber, later lost a Rapier. It was lots of station games, we exchanged Malediction for the Jackdaw.

(02:56:20Z) PC9-AY
Stabber +28.05m
Rapier -406.38m
Capsule -0.01m
Malediction -33.65m
Jackdaw +89.73m

For quite awhile Saanguinee was sitting like afk (?) and was killed:
(03:29:56Z) JH-M2W
Bifrost -98.34m
Capsule -47.95m

At this time, there were 2 groups of hostile:
1. Project Harvest with smal ships (Vagabond, Retribution, 2 Jackdaws).
2. .52. with bigger ships: Dominix, Megathrone, Ferox, Augoror NI, few Vexors, baiting Venture.

First were active on grid, second were sitting on undock and tactical, waiting for content.

From our side, we had quite a few players who tried to catch something quickish. They called DDs to get out of grid (warp to a citadel and align to the station) and wait for them to get a tackle.

2. What is the best tackle?

I decided to switch into a tackle squad, sat into a Confessor,...

At some point I was lucky to land near Jackdaws, but could not land a tackle on T3d, but on Algos:

Algos +13.24m
Confessor -95.24m
Malediction -42.74m

From that I learned, that DPS does not rule (kind of obvious?), unless you hold a tackle. Also, I wanted to practice flying an interceptor, so I switched to a Malediction. This time I was luckier and did land a scram on a Jackdaw. Unfortunately, it was a long time for people to realize I am holding a tackle, even though Richard repeated few times "warp to Budda": we got buble on top of me, I was killed, and Jackdaw flew out of the buble. Other ships we got on top of Jackdaw either were too slow, or did not have scram.

Malediction -46.47m

Ok, that was unpleasant and discouraging. Fine.

I learned from this that you don't really need to be in an interceptor here to land a tackle (I guess this is also obvious). So I've tried in a disposable ship.

I again, landed quite close to those Retribution, this ended up much better:
(04:04:10Z) PC9-AY
Tristan -6.17m
Vagabond +258.73m
Hurricane -99.22m
Retribution +53.33m

Good payback for lost of Confessor and Malediction :)

3. Real Fleet.

After some time guys from Project Harverst left system... and the only content left was from .52.

At this moment things get a bit quiter... I offered: we have enough people, why don't we get few logies and kill at least the Augoror NI? I did reship in a AC AB Rupture... I was sure he would take a bait on me. So we get 2 logies (or 3?), I asked everybody to jump into shield stuff and be ready to undock. Also I asked to not get T2 logy (why taking a risk?)

As this was happening, our friends I assume get tired ... and started warping to JH-. I followed, and asked all DDs to warp to JH- and logies to align ONLY.

I landed on a grid with a Domi, Mega, and 2 cruisers. The rest of them already jumped into JH-... I was the only ship on the gate, they yellow boxed me and I decided to not wait for alpha and jumped.

They bubbled another side of the gate, I called logies to warp to JH-, waited for everybody to be on grid, called ANI a primary, decloaked and agressed.

Later Saanguinee reported that he was cap dry really quick. Now I know MWD Scythes are not cap stable, but I do believe he was also neuted. Anyway, we were able to kill few ships before they dropped few Thanatos's.

(04:33:18Z) JH-M2W
Scythe -37.31m
Augoror Navy Issue +96.69m
Rupture -26.25m
Vexor +46.08m
Venture +7.84m
Ferox +80.51m
Nightmare -475.45m
Caracal -31.66m

We extracted the majority of the fleet with exception of a BS and a Caracal.

After the engagement, I've realized few more things I could do better:
1. Call for specific prop mode and guns range. I was expecting to have a fight either on the gate or on grid against a tackled opponent. Kiting would probably be the best options (so we can disengage after expected cyno), from the other, AB would help speed-tanking either on the grid or on the gate in a fight vs slow moving BSs.
2. I should have helped fleet to extract from the JH- back into PC9.
3. Even if we playing station games, we need to get somebody to orchestration operations: he should have understanding where are tackles, whom they engage, make sure there is a secondary scram and/or web. Maybe logy to keep tackle alive a bit longer.

Overall stats for the night:

ISK Destroyed: 674,214,433.98
ISK Lost: 1,446,836,621.15
ISK Delta: -772,622,187.17
Efficiency: 31.787%

Members (15)
Spoiler
Amber Charante
Antei Thantonne
Breenie Shi
Budda Sereda
Dastardly Nash
EBane Padecain
Factault Pissant
Frostdragon Dallocort
Nabs Hawk
Omnicious Shardani
Reichat Oughto
Richard Starwalker
Rohan Amadeus
Saanguinee
Space Warfare Development
Rikali Laru
Title: Graduate

Re: [NSC] Lots of content in NSC

Post by Rikali Laru »

One of the losses in JH-M2W -> https://zkillboard.com/kill/65208752/
Probably wouldn't have made a difference with what the enemy had on the field, but if you won't fit an AB, I think you can find better ship options than a nightmare for PvP :)
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [NSC] Lots of content in NSC

Post by Budda Sereda »

Rikali Laru wrote:One of the losses in JH-M2W -> https://zkillboard.com/kill/65208752/
Probably wouldn't have made a difference with what the enemy had on the field, but if you won't fit an AB, I think you can find better ship options than a nightmare for PvP :)
Not sure whom this comment is addressed to: to me as FC or to EBane as a pilot.

Can comment from my side.

AB in this particular case would not help much. Speed tanking? :) Or running away? Neither would work. I would say that for the gate fighting that fit was ok-ish. Knowing we have logy pilot could replace booster by shield extended, but he had rigs and had not time to play with the fit.
With no propulsion module, any BS would clearly have issues slowboating to the gate, but you can address this by jumping to tactical.
If we were not cyno-ed, as FC I would like to know we have a Nightmare coming with MJD so I would try clearing tackles with scram first.
But this was till some extent hit-and-run mission. Which really worked well. The only drawback we lost an expensive ship. And that's the only reason I'm unhappy we got expensive ship this time.
I did not call clearly what types of ships I expect people to fly. Clearly, this really leaves pilots to chose what they have and can afford to lose. If I was asked: should somebody field a Nightmare I would answer "no, too risky" (same as I did for Scimitar): we had enough on pilots to deal with few opponents T1 BSs and support. I prefer to not up-ship too much.

From the other side: this will attract those guys to come again, and maybe next time we will win a fight with cheaper ships.

Anyway, thanks to EBane for participation! Though, I believe it would be great if you have T1 tanked BS for such purposes.

Feel free to comment, accepting any constructive feedback!