[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.10.10

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.10.10

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.09.12):
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Amira Evolta
Arashi Shizukana – Vanguard
Calder Ormand
Daqx
DevlinR
Dj UNOHOO
Gemma Solett
Gerrath Sabrinn
Ghorram Reaver
Gunman Aldent
Harai Rex – Vanguard
Katarina Solaine
Kontxesi Buchanan – 3IC
Mal Kard
Martin Manev – Vanguard
Mike North
Misty Snowbird
Philbro Kishunuba
Reise Amatin
Rohan Amadeus – 2IC
Snuffleupagus
Space Warfare Development
Staberinde – Skirmish Scout
Trevor Grambling
Tsuwen Sun
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye – Vanguard
gaheris Anninen – Skirmish Scout

OBSERVATIONS
My first missile doctrine as an FC, so I ran a bit long on the pre-roam briefing. I wanted to make sure I covered how to perform an Alpha strike and some of the limitations of the fleet, make sure we had enough Kestrels, make sure everyone had proper mid-slot modules fitted, etc. I had planned on finding a rat of some sort to practice the Alpha strike on, but a RLML Caracal and a Jaguar decided to volunteer for the job. Almost half of the fleet was flying something other than Kestrels, as we had a fair amount of Alphas and newer Omegas who hadn't trained into Caldari frigates yet. Proved to be a blessing in disguise as we had a metric ton of tackle to spread the love and hold everything down. The Alpha strike on the Caracal took it into half armor, and then we finished it off. The Jag went down even faster. Nothing like a live-fire exercise!

(01:51:25Z) Ostingele
Kestrel -8.42m
Caracal +30.33m
Capsule +0.01m
Jaguar +51.81m
Capsule +0.01m

Basically crickets until Kinakka, with 24 in local and a big fleet that we had no chance of taking in a plex. I don't know how, but our scout found a Daredevil which we proceeded to destroy with all haste. He was NOT happy about being blobbed.

(02:23:23Z) Kinakka
Burst -3.87m
Atron -5.95m
Daredevil +117.07m

In Aivonen we dropped in on a Comet/Dramiel/Firetail in a plex, but we couldn't get to the scout fast enough. Then the Dramiel pilot had the nerve to come back and complain about us scooping his drones :D

(02:36:58Z) Aivonen
Atron -3m

Break in Ichoriya, then for the fun in Nenn, which never fails to deliver. We warped to a plex to grab a...frigate of some sort??? I can't remember. And the reason I can't remember is because a Hurricane jumped in behind us and we switched targets! The ??? frigate warped off to clean himself up, and the Hurricane died in a glorious barrage of missile fire. We found a Harpy/Dramiel/Comet outside a plex in Hikk that we jumped in on. The Dramiel was far too fast for us to catch, but the Comet made for a nice kill.

(03:01:33Z) Nennamaila, Hikkoken
Hurricane +108.45m
Kestrel -13.45m
Federation Navy Comet +27.55m

As we were getting ready to leave Hikk after a few minutes of not finding anything else, we nabbed us a Breacher.

(03:14:21Z) Hikkoken
Breacher +16.45m
Capsule +0.01m

Fairly quiet after that until we got to Kedama, where we found the remnants of two larger gangs that we had intel on from earlier in the evening. I would not have expected them to still be running, but they were. We managed to find a lone Exequror and take him down, which took a bit since he was self repping and we had lost a number of ppl due to time constraints. We got him though, and thankfully he didn't receive any help.

(03:29:56Z) Kedama
Exequror +24.87m

On our way back to Stacmon we found a couple of Confessors and Caracal Navy issue. We dropped on the CNI in a large, which was 100 clicks off the gate. A Flycatcher dropped in behind us, and the flies killed the spider. Still would have liked that CNI, but he played standoff games until backup arrived in the form of a Moa/Confessor/Omen Navy Issue. Time to go!

(03:45:55Z) Nennamaila
Atron -13.61m
Griffin -28.01m
Flycatcher +93.84m

And all was quiet back to Stacmon.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 470,401,680.74
ISK Lost: 76,305,065.32
ISK Delta: 394,096,615.42
Efficiency: 86.043%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
Considering that was the first time I ran a missile Alpha strike doctrine, I think things went really well. I may run it one or two more time to get the hang of it before stepping up to Caracals. Might as well risk making mistakes on the cheaper frigates. Everyone did great with following FC commands, and I felt like I did a better job this week maintaining comms discipline when needed. All in all a good fleet.

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Pre-Roam Planning. - Check.
  • Decision Making. - Check.
  • Command Chatter. - Check.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?
Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image