[AAR] [QRF] [NSC] Let's Dance

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

[AAR] [QRF] [NSC] Let's Dance

Post by Glen Burney »

First things first. Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ62D183Tfw
Second: Meme.

Glen was just logged in to Ostingele, trying to see what might be going on before a Solitude fleet was going on later. In NSC comms, I heard chatter about Thrashers, so I piloted my Stiletto down to have a look.

Sure enough, the NSC Bros were happily satisfying a small gang of Thrashers that seemed to want to whelp into us over and over. I won't link those here, suffice it to say morale was high. As I returned from a little break, there was commotion on comms regarding some battleships tackled at the JH- gate. As I landed, the enemy battleships were arrayed all around the gate, and I did try to move away from them. We did have the Maelstrom almost broken but I did get scrammed and it was bad:

(01:00:53Z) PC9-AY
Vexor -33.92m
Caracal -32.03m
Caracal -24.49m
Omen Navy Issue -113.31m

We pulled back from that skirmish, and the enemy battleships docked at the NSC HQ.

At this point we regrouped a bit and there was some discussion about how to handle. I have not been involved in NSC politics or comps over the past few months, but I do have some experience with Spectre Fleet doing QRF for stuff that comes through Dital into KBP. So I asked if anyone could bring BC DD, especially Rail Ferox or Brutix. In my hangar in PC9 I had an old T1 Ferox that would be ok enough. At the same time, there was some communication regarding friends that might be able to help us out. So what we did was set up the BC at a Tactical bookmark about 250 behind and above the station, aligned to the station, and had an interdictor and command destroyer hanging on the undock. The plan was to bubble and boosh the Battleships as they undocked, and then set upon them with the fleet. If friends could come in and help, we would pull that trigger once the tackle was set.

While we waited, the thrashers came again:
(01:17:14Z) PC9-AY
Cheetah +77.31m
Thrasher +2.19m
Sabre -89.12m
Thrasher +2.19m
Thrasher +2.19m
Thrasher +2.19m
Thrasher +2.19m
Thrasher +2.33m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

As we waited with our trap set, the planned Solitude Vexor Fleet came around and kind of joined us. It's a tough situation with 2 groups trying to work together in different comms, and sadly when our trap did spring, we forgot to call in the Vexor Cavalry, sorry Solibros!
We waited for about 20 - 30 minutes, and during that time the enemy group did undock twice, but the boosh failed as they redocked. The third time, though, they hung out on the undock and waited for our boosh. We obliged, and things happened:

(01:43:28Z) PC9-AY
Stork -102.68m
Kitsune -38.25m
Ferox -86.07m
Rattlesnake +594.2m
Rattlesnake +599.39m
Hyperion +300.7m
Capsule +91.64m
Maelstrom +634.81m
Capsule +240.24m
Caracal +28.2m
Thrasher -22.66m
Caracal -32.85m
Capsule -46.58m

Immediately after the Battleships were dispatched, two other enemy groups loaded into system. Well, it seemed like 2 other groups, but it turned out to actually be 1, the Jackdaw wing and the BC / HAC wing of the same fleet. I feel like we avoided them pretty well, but we did trade a few:

(01:56:07Z) PC9-AY
Thorax +34.33m
Sabre -93.76m
Capsule +19.17m
Malediction -33.29m
Exequror -16.25m
Capsule -0.01m

The BC/HAC group eventually left, or most of them did, and we ended up skirmishing with a small group of T3D for about 30 minutes, which was fun for me as I switched into the Stiletto and tried to isolate them for the rest of our fleet. Eventually we did get a few.

(02:24:50Z) PC9-AY
Slasher -6.01m
Jackdaw +83.61m
Ares -36.06m
Capsule -24.41m
Tormentor -2.73m
Confessor +63.08m
Confessor +65.24m
Capsule +0.01m

After that, the Vexor fleet went back to Solitude and lost a few:

(03:30:49Z) Pertnineere
Vexor -25.99m
Vexor -20.53m
Vexor -19.61m

It was alot of fun for me to fleetwarp people around as always. It would be nice if there was a stock of T2 feroxes or brutix that can shoot from 10 - 90k, this fit from Spectre is a joy to fly:

https://spectrefleet.com/doctrine/fit/1342

Also, we could use some good heavy tackle on contract, like a stabber fleet with dual prop. Always fun to fly with NSC peeps, carry on!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,918,708,066.07
ISK Lost: 919,981,077.74
ISK Delta: 1,998,726,988.33
Efficiency: 76.034%

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Rohan Amadeus
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] [QRF] [NSC] Let's Dance

Post by Rohan Amadeus »

Was a ton of fun. Thanks for agreeing to FC on the fly like that and taking down Project Harvest like that is ALWAYS a plus.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

1. So, heavy tackle does exist!
2. Glen, I'm very curios to learn how a ceptor can split and warp a fleet on top of t3d... I guess I understand the theory behind, but want to learn what did you do.
I guess you just orbit them at 40-60km keep transversal high, and trying to pull somebody further from the rest. And once he is 60-70 km from the rest, you go for scram and call fleet to warp in? But, what if they could shoot at 40-60km themselves? You would just melt...?
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Yeah Budda, it was difficult. Most of my time was spent trying to feint in and stay alive long enough for someone else to land a scram. It helps a ton to have many tactical bookmarks on the grid, which I have at NSC. At no point did I orbit, however, that's a dangerous game, I did alot of manual piloting and aligning to bookmarks.

I think that in the end we got the kills on some of them because they were greedy and got too close. I was always able to slip away after secondary tackle was established.

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)