[AAR][Event] Frigate Death Arena

Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR][Event] Frigate Death Arena

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Original event forum post /https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=106668
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont
Harai Rex
Raijin Naom
Turlough Dominian
bringdapain
petosorus
Kills and Losses
(19:24:25Z) Amygnon
Incursus -4.61m
Heron -12.85m

(19:32:04Z) Amygnon
Executioner -3.41m
Heron -13.03m
Tristan -2.8m
Kestrel -2.19m
Merlin -5.27m

Rewards:
1st place: petosorus / 2 killing blow's - 0 death's
2nd place: bringdapain / 2 killing blow's - 1 death
3rd place: Adrien Claremont / 2 killing blow's - 2 deaths

For most deaths 3 people died twice so no clear winner this time :(

I feel the event went well , people died and got to practice some things.
We did have a lovely war-target in system for the whole event, I contemplated chasing him about but went for ignoring him and letting us get on with the event I just spammed d-scan the whole time, so event went ahead on time pew pew

Adrien Claremont got pointed in his pod all you could hear was "plz don't send me back to null sec" xD

I will forward prize's Friday around 19:00 so i can double check killboard encase something didn't pull
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR][Event] Frigate Death Arena

Post by Adrien Claremont »

Haha! I'd spent too long rushing around trying to fix my sec status at the last minute that I'd completely forgot to set my clone to Amy. I'd have been gutted if I ended up back in PC9.

It was a really fun event. It's a shame more people didn't turn up, but at the same time even with the numbers that we had it was none stop fighting. I could have continued to fight in the arena all night.

Thanks again Turlough and I look forward to the next one.
bringdapain

Post by bringdapain »

This was a LOT of fun! Thanks very much for organising and sorting out the field and prizes. It was a bit disappointing and really surprising that more people didn't turn up, but that probably worked in my favour as it gave me a bit more time to think about what I was doing than I would have had if more people had taken part.

What was great is it gave us a rare opportunity to practice repeated engagements which you just wouldn't get normally as you'd be off to reship somewhere (well, I would anyway). It also gave me the opportunity to practice manual piloting and pulling range, overheating etc and it was really, really helpful for me. I also learned to stay away from slashers. Could petro post his fit please? Would be interested to see it.

I'd take part again in a heartbeat. I also got to kill Adrien, so that was a lovely bonus :smug:
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

That sounded like you had great time. I had my ships and etc ready but RL thing came up and i could not commit :'( I hope i will be there next time since I really like to join one of those death matches. And Turlough 6 is good starter count. Fight Club began with even less than that if I recall correctly :)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raijin Naom
Title: Sophomore

Post by Raijin Naom »

This event was a TON of fun!! It was probably the best pvp practice I have ever had while playing EVE. While I try to join fleets when I can, I have never actually engaged in these kinds of events probably because I was getting too stressed while solo due to inexperience. Turlough's event helped me out a lot and will be definitely joining again if possible. ( Fight Club too even though I will suck a lot :D ). I learned a lot about keeping distance watching the other guys and overheating correctly ( wont burn out my repper again I promise ).

Thanks a lot Turlough for this amazing event! Will be getting that Comet next time. :twisted:
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

I would love joining the same, but EUTZ during the work day is... hard to make :)

Please do schedule another for Saturday sometimes :)
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Thanks very much for the nice comments all <3, and even more so for coming was even fun for me watching you guys warp around chasing each other, I even nearly died when someone got trigger happy and wanted to kill the host lol

Will most likely set one of these up again soon for a weekend so keep your eyes open for corp events pew pew

side note : 1st/2nd/3rd prize have now been sent , enjoy the terrible fits lol :P
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,