[FLEET] First Hurricane attempt

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] First Hurricane attempt

Post by Kora K »

o/

Sorry for the delay, here is the short AAR for our very short Hurricane roam. Of course I don't remember all the details, so if you want to add something, don't hesitate.

So, firsr attempt at Hurricane for quite some time. My goal was to go to Syndicate, Cloud Ring and Horde staging, poking the different entities on the way to get us a fight. Regarding the comp, we had like 12-15 Hurricanes, which was a bit low. But it was a test drive, so we went out anyway. Beside the low number, we had a nice balanced comp and enough people with command skills to use boosts during fights.
Spoiler
Roam members (25) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Adrien Claremont
Athena Firefly
B'aldrick Aivoras
Calder Ormand
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
DesTro Alabel
Garm Zandor
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Kora K
Latvian Sea
Lexara Ellecon
Oh' Leeador
Phaethonx Brutor
Richard Starwalker
SMBEHJ
Saanguinee
SketchyManDan Williams
Tiberius Auduin
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Velts Engren
Zana Fehrnah
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
ashahara
We first went for the X-M / X-B area in Syndicate, hoping the locals would notice. We stayed a bit on gate, and scouts were looking around to warn us about potential fights. I also asked them to let me know if any lone target were around, again with the aim to poke the locals. After waiting like 10mn with nothing on D, we found an Exqequror Navy Issue at 0 on the Orvolle gate in PF-. Since nobobdy undocked for us I wanted to go for it hoping we would still have a chance for a fight there. It was a big mistake :)

We landed on the ENI, and started positioning ourselves on grid to kill it. At the same time, MC finally decided to come for us with a Ferox fleet, twice our numbers. They landed close to us, and we started engaging their Logi since they landed first. I died in a matter of seconds, and Tiberius became FC. Tiberius also died in a matter of seconds, and Sanguineee took over. After that I got podded and the fleet got basically whelped.

The End.

Kills and Losses
(19:02:15Z) PF-346, FD-MLJ
Hurricane -91.94m
Osprey +34.03m
Hurricane -79.26m
Hurricane -101.17m
Hurricane -85.55m
Maulus -3.96m
Hurricane -88.94m
Osprey +29.29m
Hurricane -89.51m
Hurricane -93.91m
Hurricane -90.18m
Hurricane -90.16m
Hurricane -90.67m
Hurricane -99.34m
Hurricane -87.91m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Osprey -20.94m
Capsule -256.02m
Osprey -25.02m
Capsule -48.32m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 63,326,330.98
ISK Lost: 1,442,853,523.67
ISK Delta: -1,379,527,192.69
Efficiency: 4.204%

Thoughts :
- We were a bit low on Hurricanes, but I felt it would be enough to take them out anyway. I'll try to plan the next one on a WE to have more people.
- We got a fleet fight \o/ It was very short and we got dunked, but it was better than doing 50j without killing anything.
- Hurricanes are not frigates, you can't do hit and runs on targets as easily :) I should have not gone for the Exqequror NI, or at least position the fleet to prepare for a proper fight.
- I though we could try to alpha a few feroxes before bailing, since they had not all people on grid and no sabre initially. I should have fleet warped everyone to a safe to have a better assessment of the situation.
- As soon as I died Tiberius took over and kept fighting. Even if I was not FC anymore, I should have suggested to bail and regroup somewhere.
- To sum up, everything went done fast and we couldn't react to save our asses. I should have been more careful and I need to get used to bigger ships while FCing and adapt my usual tactics.

Anyway, thanks everyone for joining, I hope you still had fun :) I'll run another Hurricane fleet soon, so keep an eye on the calendar.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [FLEET] First Hurricane attempt

Post by Budda Sereda »

Hi Kora, do you remember some details on that fight?
- How far Feroxes and Osprey landed from you?
- How many logies did they have?
- Were you able to alpha logies or needed to break their reps?

Just curious.

P.S. Interesting thing, their logies had Ancillary Remote Shield Booster and only 1 Remote Capacitor Transmitter II I guess that increases remote rep power for small engagements for 40+ %... interesting.
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Re: [FLEET] First Hurricane attempt

Post by Kora K »

Budda Sereda wrote:Hi Kora, do you remember some details on that fight?
- How far Feroxes and Osprey landed from you?
- How many logies did they have?
- Were you able to alpha logies or needed to break their reps?
- How far Feroxes and Osprey landed from you? : They landed 30km off.
- How many logies did they have? 2 iirc, maybe 3
- Were you able to alpha logies or needed to break their reps? We alpha-ed them.