[Fleet] 2017-09-28 - LSC - Longbow Cormorants then Merlins

Zarquu Fussuhfusus
Title: Sophomore

[Fleet] 2017-09-28 - LSC - Longbow Cormorants then Merlins

Post by Zarquu Fussuhfusus »

We had two alpha players - for one this was their first ever fleet and they didn't manage to get on any killmails, but hopefully this served as really useful training and they'll be tearing up enemy hulls on the next one. The other we lost fairly soon into the fleet after they died in Ost. Otherwise, the fleet was a bit long, but we had some good fights.

Roam members (7+1)
Spoiler
Zarquu Fussuhfusus [FC]
Tiberius Auduin [DPS - 2IC]

Union Pivo [Scout/Tackle]
DeanSherman [EWAR-Damps]
Jonathan Wolf [DPS]
SMBEHJ [DPS]
Wokum [DPS][/color]
Hamok Shah [DPS][1st fleet, never aggressed anyone - hopefully learned a lot though!]
Kills and Losses

- Caught blingy, suspect Garmur, He couldn't pull range faster than we could hurl Spike and Iron. Loot fairy was generous.
(19:06:41Z) Ostingele, 9UY4-H
Garmur +261.64m

- Thorax, Caracal, Sentinel + Trasher (Advent of Fate) gang who we bounced around system system with repeatedly. We made a few plays but lack of points allowed them to disengage before we could pop them every time. They finally committed after they all landed very close and I burned us in toward them with anti-matter loaded -- we put the sentinel into low structure in the time it took him to warp off, alongside popping their Thrasher, but their Thorax and Caracal pulled range in this time and hit us hard. Having lost 3 of 8 people we reshipped, but I think lost Jonathan Wolf from the fleet for the night.
(19:07:41Z) Ostingele, 9UY4-H
Cormorant -5.64m
Cormorant -14.3m
Thrasher +11.12m
Cormorant -16.46m

- Our glorious scout made a play for something and died before we landed on grid. Enemy was warping off in direction of deep-safe when we landed.
(19:32:10Z) Melmaniel
Atron -6.88m

- We found an 8 man group at a small faction warfare complex in Mel: An Algos, Two Dramiels, a Worm, a Slasher, a Breacher, a Tristan and Incursus. Looking at the wrecks as we landed on grid to find only one pilot there, I think this had been a 5 v 7 brawl where the 7-man group had prevailed with 6 surviving and a sole Algos from the other group being finished off. The frigates warped off before/as we landed so we cleaned up their mess and moved on. In hindsight, this was a text-book extraction by the Frigagte gang - they were brawling on the beacon and my guess is we would have one-shotted three or four of them if they had stayed on grid.
(19:44:03Z) Melmaniel
Algos +19.99m

Similar to the above, brawl happening outside a plex in Tama - IIRC two Executioners, a Slicer, a Merlin (maybe 2?), a Rifter, a Condor and a Caldari Navy Caracal were there. My guess is the CN Caracal was 3rd partying and putting in pot-shots on the frigate brawl since he was out at 60K. After the frigates left/died he warped off the instant he saw we could hit out to 60K with ease. Anyway, we lost our scout who did an admiral job trying to hold points but managed to take a Rifter and Merlin before owning the grid. The Slicer was primary, assuming its the same pilot, convo'd me later thanking us for leaving him with 2% structure and not looting all the wrecks.
(19:57:46Z) Tama
Atron -5.01m
Rifter +11.77m
Merlin +1.39m

- This should have been a good one, but ... wasn't. We found a 6 man Coercer gang at a plex. It was clear they'd be at zero and we'd be sliding uphill into them but I felt like this could be a good fight - we'd lock and hit them faster at first, but they were more tanky and hit harder. I called antimatter and scan-res scripts and took us through the gate. It turned into a slaughter for us. The problem was both our lack of tank and split DPS on our side, combined with me forgetting one of our number was new and not ready to handle full on combat. This effectively ended up as a 4 vs 7, with 2 of our four spliting DPS. The two we called primary were able to pull range meaning we didn't apply, and the other 4 of them melted us. In hindsight this was a bad call - as best we'd have gotten 2 of them - given their tank and brawl fit vs. our lack of tank but faster locking, This was just a bad call from the FC.
(20:07:10Z) Pynekastoh
Cormorant -9.2m
Cormorant -14.32m
Cormorant -14.67m
Cormorant -15.49m
Cormorant -18.94m
Cormorant -3.89m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

- We reshipped into Merlins in Ichoriya and our numbers dropped as they happen to midway in a fleet. DeanSherman who was podded home in the last fight and I think decided to burn up the pipe to meet us solo'd something on his way out. This isn't really a fleet kill though - it was all Dean - we were 6 jumps out when it happened.
(20:47:16Z) Uphallant
Imicus +3.2m

- We found a 6 man breacher FCON gang at a plex in OST. Good fight. I expected we'd have done a lot better than we did because .. well, its FCON, but again, this was a 3 v 6 fight. Our fourth DPS ship pilot was still learning to lock targets and didn't get any shots off, but we still made a decent account of ourselves. I was called primary by the Breacher gang and went down after we popped two of them with a third in mid armour. Union Pivo did a great job calling after wards finishing to finish the 3rd one off. There was good odds we could of killed all 6 for only 1 or two of us, but, the odds weren't in our favour.
(21:06:48Z) Ostingele
Breacher +12.51m
Breacher +8.22m
Merlin -7.38m
Merlin -5.18m
Breacher +6.9m
Merlin -7.55m
Merlin -7.52m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 336,731,378.51
ISK Lost: 152,452,080.27
ISK Delta: 184,279,298.24
Efficiency: 68.835%
DeanSherman

Re: [Fleet] 2017-09-28 - LSC - Longbow Cormorants then Merlins

Post by DeanSherman »

I was in Cormorant, not EWAR/Damps.

There were 3 Coercers in Pynekastoh fight. 1 with beams and 2 with pulses. I don't know dps of beams, and Coercer with pulse lasers has 500+ with short range ammo. We fought them at their optimals and they were moving, so we could not apply our full dps. I think we should pull range to edge of our antimatter range, or just pulse MWD while they were locking us.

After i was podded, i was not going back to fleet. I took a break then went for ratting in Uphallant as usual.
Zarquu Fussuhfusus

Re: [Fleet] 2017-09-28 - LSC - Longbow Cormorants then Merlins

Post by Zarquu Fussuhfusus »

I was in Cormorant, not EWAR/Damps ... There were 3 Coercers
I stand corrected. I was sure there was more than three coercers - maybe not in the fight itself, but I keep thinking there was 6 on D-Scan originally, Shows how tired I really was!