[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.26

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.26

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.09.12):
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Atticus Vex
Calder Ormand
Dj UNOHOO
Gemma Solett – Vanguard
General Killah
Gerrath Sabrinn
Harai Rex
Hopatkong
Imad Gratia – Skirmish Scout
Irene Maricadie
John MacDonald
Kelon Darklight
Kirsid Tannaway – Vanguard
Kontxesi Buchanan – 2IC
Lena Lassitzler
Luca Goh
Mike North
Nox Achasse
Omnicious Shardani
Phaethonx Brutor – Vanguard
Reise Amatin
Richard Starwalker
Rider Isleman
Rikki Bigg
Rohan Amadeus
Staberinde
Tom Endares
Tyler Arnoux
Xinirae Dallocort – 3IC
gaheris Anninen – Skirmish Scout
lswjnek Oxkold

OBSERVATIONS
Another amazing turnout with an awesome twist at the end. Probably the most fun I've had on a fleet so far. We started off well, heading out into Verge Vendor because I was bored going into Black Rise through the "front door" as it were. We found a lonely Tristan in Oue and got a kill, which was a nice intro for the newbros.

(02:07:08) Ouelletta
Tristan +0.61m

Things were either quiet or to fast for us to catch until we go all the way out to Black Rise, where we found an Algos in a plex. He managed to take out a scout and a vanguard ship before the fleet arrived. but we got him in the end.

(02:38:18) Prism
Atron -2.11m
Atron -2.61m
Algos +13.77m
Capsule -0.01m

Bio break and back at it towards Nennamaila. We took out a Comet in a plex while only losing the scout. IIRC, the other Comet jumped into us from outside the plex (someone correct my memory pls) and we managed to shower him with blob love as well!

(03:03:07) Pynekastoh
Atron -7.75m
Federation Navy Comet +56.02m
Capsule +0.01m
Federation Navy Comet +28.02m

Nenn is always a content provider and this time through proved no different. We were on our way to grab a punisher/daredevil fighting in a plex, when a Vexor landed outside the plex as we were warping in. I made a decision to grab the Vexor instead of sliding to take the daredevil, which means we lost out scout. The vexor died and we slid the gate to regroup and the punisher, for some reason, came back into the plex for us to kill (again, correct my memory if I have it wrong pls).

(03:18:48) Nennamaila
Vexor +33.52m
Atron -2.89m
Punisher +14.84m

Traded a scout atron for a coercer, which worked out for us. I'd prefer not to lose the scout, but at least Ichoriya reshipping was right next door.

(03:27:07) Akidagi
Atron -8.05m
Coercer +10.3m

Headed on our way back towards Stacmon we found an Incursus in a plex, and then we found the best kill ever.

(03:40:42) Innia
Incursus +6.95m

I almost didn't take the Merlin fight in Kinakka - it was getting late and I was getting worn out. The kill was nothing to comment on, until the killmail was posted

:shock: :shock: What the $#)%(*&@!?!?!?! :shock: :shock:

Did he really fit faction/deadspace modules to a T1 frigate? Yes, yes he did. DId those modules really drop? Yes, Yes they did. Two of the three!!! Praise be to Bob. I almost went bebopping on until someone suggested we dock really quickly and drop off the 50million-odd isk modules, which was a better call than deciding to take the fight in the first place considering what came next.

(03:47:20) Kinakka
Merlin +119.89m

Just as we were regrouping and heading back out, Kelon sent word that he had an Apostle (!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?), Oineros, and a Proteus on the Stacmon gate in OST. The Oineros was trapped as it was the cyno ship, and Kelon had the Capital ship locked down. Frigates kill a Capital? OMG YES, or we're going to die trying. I turned the fleet over to Richard and Kelon since I had zero experience fighting capitals. We made best speed to Ost, and were able to get the Apostle into half armor before...

"Cyno up!"

"Don't worry about the Cyno right now, all DPS on the Apostle, jam the Proteus"

"Thanatos bridging in!!!!!"

"Fleet scatter, scatter, scatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, we gave it one hell of a try. Got an armor-tanked capital to half armor with mainly frigates. We lost our rear ends in terms of isk, Kelon taking the brunt of that loss, but I would take that fight again in a heart beat. I'm still jazzed up just thinking about it. The glee in everyone's voices as we were bringing the Apostle's tank down - priceless. If we had been in a cruiser gang we may have gotten it before reinforcements arrived. Need to make sure someone fits a Cyno Disruptor next time :D

(04:09:29) Ostingele
Atron -7.95m
Atron -9.14m
Punisher -10.1m
Punisher -8.23m
Incursus -3.09m
Condor -4.85m
Punisher -8.34m
Incursus -20.87m
Punisher -10.93m
Punisher -8.64m
Naga -128.04m
Raven -234.82m
Capsule -0.01m

Needless to say, that was the end of the fleet. There was nothing but crickets on the way back from Oicx, so we didn't miss anything that could have been killed.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 283,945,361.07
ISK Lost: 478,443,711.23
ISK Delta: -194,498,350.16
Efficiency: 37.244%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
I did a much better job maintaining comms discipline on this fleet, and upped my game in terms of command chatter as well. At times the scouts would go quiet and I needed to prod them but didn't do so in a timely manner. It's not enough for me, as FC, to give constant commands during a fight, I also need to be receiving constant chatter prior to the fight. This will let me paint the mental picture so I can "see" what the scout does and allow us to get the fight in the first place. If I let my scout(s) go quiet and they get ganked it doesn't matter if my command chatter is good or not. This is a NoP fleet and the comments above aren't meant to be aimed at the scouts. I have to make sure that I ask for what I need and not assume that a scout in a NoP fleet will know what I need. That skill takes a LOT of practical experience.

Everyone had good discipline when it came to following commands. No major issues or hiccups that I saw. That Capital fight was amazing and I hope we get another one next week :D

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Pre-Roam Planning. - Check.
  • Decision Making. - Check.
  • Command Chatter. - Check minus. My end was orders of magnitude better this time around. Now I need to keep it up AND make sure I'm getting my scouts to give the same amount of feedback.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?
Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Phaethonx Brutor

Re: [AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.26

Post by Phaethonx Brutor »

https://imageshack.us/i/poilmAPdp

There's the pic of my hull after pinning that coercer down for the kill haha.
Devourer of the blue donuts. Guardian of the blueberries. Reaper of the new-berries, Counter protostomper, and above all, Official Team Mascot of D.A.R.K L.E.G.I.O.N, maker of laughs and good times. Become a citizen bro. 80+mil sp multi role death machine. Top 400 overall player rank. https://zkillboard.com/character/2101971234/trophies/ Most memorable match, K/D 73/1, in a gallante combat logi (150 clone count on opposing team), supported by no one but the high ground and his rail rifle. Trollalalala, bet you won't try that again. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome, or Whelp.