[AAR] Caracal Cruise! 23/09/17

SketchyManDan Williams

[AAR] Caracal Cruise! 23/09/17

Post by SketchyManDan Williams »

First time taking Caracals, and while there was content to be had, we were unable to hold alot of it down as I hand't brought along enough tackle ships, and the few we had were lost along the way, I even resorted to having one of the Caracals fit a scram in the end :D. Only came away with 2 kills this time, luckily, one of them was nearly enough to make us break even XD.
Learned alot from this roam though, and will definitley be more prepared for the next one!

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Arashi Shizukana
Athena Firefly
DonkeyPunch Udan
Drassi Aleus
Gunman Aldent
Jonathan Wolf
KarmicOzzie
Kontxesi Buchanan
Kora K
Latvian Sea
Rider Isleman
SMBEHJ
SketchyManDan Williams
Tom Endares
Trillian Arnolles
Union Pivo
Z0X Ambrye
Zana Fehrnah
It was quiet until we got to Nen really, but there we found a Cynabal at the Plex. We had our scouts land to try and get tackle. Point was landed, and we made our way in.
This Cynabal was pretty fast and managed to pop our scouts before we landed, we tried to land some DPS before he pulled away, but we were unable to keep up, and we quickly ran out of cap trying to hold the chase to log.
We tried coming back for this guy, but the same situation occured, next time we'll try to bring a boosh for these kitey roams :)
(22:10:12) Nennamaila
Keres -45.66m
Atron -5.78m

Union found an Oracle at one of the Warzone beacons. I asked for him to try and get close enough to tackle, but the Oracle popped him more than 60Km away even with some spiralling in :(.
(22:24:48) Pynekastoh
Condor -4.24m

After burning up through Kedama, we came back by Pyn again. The same oracle was here and a Hecate so we tried again but this time, we went in as a group. This ship was able to burn away from us before we could catch him up, and we lost 2 more scouts ships here. We might've been able to catch the Oracle up eventually, but it was taking a loooooong time, and Cap issues prevented us from keeping the MWD burning.
(22:42:37) Pynekastoh, Hirri
Condor -5.28m
Condor -3.71m

I think this was a pilot who had been DCed during the fleet, but this time, a destroyer fleet was around him upon login. We came down for a peek to see if there was anything we could take on.
(22:55:03) Reitsato
Osprey -12.47m

At this point we had no tackle, and we simply trying to alpha anything that came through the gate. We came close to taking down 1 or 2 ships, but didn't have any web to slow their approach to the gate. Although, 1 or 2 more Caracals and this may have been possible even without the webs which seems quite interesting.
(23:00:39) Reitsato
Condor -6.01m

IIRC we had a small skirmish with some destroyers here, no we were unable to trade any kills with the other fleet. While this is the fight we wanted, we had lost anything that could hold an enemy ship down :(, but hey, we tried without it anyway, and nearly took down a stork, but not much else.
Someone who was on route to Ich spotted a gate camp up on Iko on the Sam gate. We burned there to see what we could find. At this point we had 1 tackle, and no one could reship into a tackle ship, so we fitted a Caracal with a scram to see what we could do :D.
I don't quite remember what happened here but it looks like we lost a reshipped scout to gate guns. It seems like the Gate camp had left by the time we had turned up so we took a break here to save tripping into high sec, and managed to get 1 more person into another tackle ship.
(23:14:10) Ikoskio
Caracal -16.21m

After a break, we were down a few people and we set off down to Nen and then home to Stac

This rook had already passed us earlier, but I though it was a Rohk at first and didn't take it. BUT! He turned up again so we quickly caught tackle with our Caracal and melted his ship.
(23:46:20) Reitsato
Rook +265.29m

A Group of 4 Domi were spotted, and I wanted to see what we could to do to them as we had nearly taken down a brutix in the time it tok=ok for him to burn to the gate, and our Logi was still going strong.
They were to far off the gate, so I thought let's see if they'll jump through to us, but as I was about to call for us to jump, I saw a Stork spool up the MJD and I thought, lets use this to get a little closer, but it was to late to cancel the jump and 2 Logi had made it through while the rest of the fleet took the boosh. We tried to primary 1 of the Domi, but we couldn't break them, and then we had the destroyer fleet from earlier land on grid too and with still nothing to hold the destroyers down, ot wasn't looking good. Soon after I got primaried off the field, and 2IC straight after. We scattered here, and then made our way home.
(00:07:29) Pynekastoh, Akidagi
Griffin -2.33m
Osprey -70.45m
Maulus +4.69m
Capsule -0.1m
Osprey -29.65m
Caracal -32.27m
Osprey -10.75m
Atron -4m
Caracal -37.94m
Capsule -0.01m

Thanks to everyone for coming along, it wasn't the most successful, but I had to start somewhere with these Kitey ships :). Next time will be a lot more successful now I understand the doctrine a little more. I'm sure I've missed mentioning some things here, so anyone on the roam, feel free to add this :)

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 269,984,239.43
ISK Lost: 286,852,798.28
ISK Delta: -16,868,558.85
Efficiency: 48.485%
Athena Firefly
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Caracal Cruise! 23/09/17

Post by Athena Firefly »

Neither of those 2 kills (Rook and Maulus) are showing up on the Uni killfeed though, for some weird reason. D:
~~~ I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar! ~~~

Teaching Assistant Manager | Fittings Staff
Former: NSC Manager | NSC Hangar Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Rider Isleman
Title: Sophomore

Post by Rider Isleman »

I had a couple solo kills after this fleet ended and they haven't shown up in the Uni Kill feed either. It's happened before. Sometimes the Uni board updates after a few days rather than minutes.

Rumor has it I am not cap stable.
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Question - were you using your Keres as a scout? I keep my Keres pilots with the Caracal blob. Not sure what is the correct use in this comp - I had assumed to hold tackle under reps from the Ospreys (we had a Keres pilot do just that on a previous fleet and managed to kill a battleship).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher