[AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Derpatrons 24SEPT

Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Derpatrons 24SEPT

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Date: 24 SEPT 2017
Form-up time: 01:00
Departure time: 01:20
Return time: 04:00
Duration: 2h40m

If you participated in this fleet and have not yet done so, please be sure to fill out the Fleet Feedback Form. Your comments and feedback are necessary for my improvement as an FC.

Roam members (13)
Calder Ormand
Dale Inkunen
Etchard Yarghol
Farzol Nassan
Gunman Aldent
Harai Rex (first fleet!)
Hooff Harted
Hopatkong
Kontxesi Buchanan (FC)
Mike North
Reise Amatin
Vors Voorhorian
Z0X Ambrye (2IC)

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

This fleet was accidentally scheduled over the Noob Night in the Hole event, because they hadn't put it up on the calendar yet when I was looking at it. So I wasn't really surprised when we ended up with low numbers, but slightly concerned: Derpatrons aren't really built for small groups. But you work with what you've got! No one volunteered to scout and I wasn't in the mood to force anyone, so it became a shotgun fleet.

Z0X found this Algos at a small and went in for tackle. There was a little confusion about my calls here, so I'll need to be more clear in the future: I said to hold DPS unless he starts shooting someone, and then a few seconds later he started taking Z0X out. I should have called for DPS at that point and didn't, so not everyone was shooting. Didn't lose anyone, though, so not a huge deal.

Z0X was about to send him some money because he looked new, but then the dude put a 10,000,000 bounty on him. Guess he didn't need it.

Algos +3.94m
Capsule +19.2m

We found a Venture in a belt. He was either AFK or so shocked that he just sat there in his pod. He made a decent amount of money from Unibros who felt bad about killing a 7-day-old character in a Venture.

Venture +0.43m

At the small, we had a Merlin, Catalyst and Kestrel. I was in warp to the medium when those were found, when when I landed I found two Caracal, a Moa, ENI. As soon as I warped to the small, it was called that they'd left. So we went back to the medium. All of the big stuff was gone, but the Merlin had gone there.

We warped around a bit trying to find the cruisers, but no dice.

Merlin +5.09m

In Rakapas, everything was in D-scan range of the gate except for the large, so we had everyone warp there and found a Svipul. We chased him down for a good ten seconds before anyone landed a scram, so I'm not sure why he didn't bail. Our hero EWAR kept us from losing anyone, too! We did get a little salt from him in local afterwards. Russian salt, best salt.

Svipul +65.42m

I found an Enyo in a plex in Reitsato. I told the fleet to warp to me, but forgot to tell them to slide on contact. He just about kicked my ass because no one was sliding in to help, but that was 100% my fault. I had to warp off in hull and he escaped, but Z0X tracked him to the novice and the fleet was able to follow and finish him off.

Enyo +40m

Nennamalia got us some good stuff. At a small, I found: 2 Comets, Navitas, Magus, Cormorant, Atron, Garmur, Condor. It all warped off of as we landed and the only think we could grab was the Cormorant and Garmur that was way out. The Corm nearly got Calder, but she was able to get out.

Cormorant +12.92m

We immediately went to the novice, where there were 2 Comets, a Tristan, and a Condor: bits of the first group, if I'm not mistaken. It all got away, but another Comet landed in the middle of us and we nabbed him. We were looting and regrouping when the entire group landed on us, all flashy and scary, having reshipped into Atrons. I panicked and called scatter, and we lost two ships while escaping.

Federation Navy Comet +43.31m
Griffin -3.06m
Atron -4.41m

However, that was stupid. They had almost the exact number of pilots as we did, and had reshipped into the same thing we were flying. Perfect fight! We sat at the citadel to regroup and so I could kick myself and watch people fuss at me in local. Even though we were down a Griffin and an Atron, I decided to take us back and try to take that fight.

We warped back to the novice, where there were again two Comets and two of the Atrons. We killed one of the Comets and then I opened up local.

Federation Navy Comet +28.25m

I apologized for being a wuss and running away, and promised them that if they came back in Atrons again we'd stay and fight. It took a little groveling, but eventually they showed up to fight right after I'd told the fleet to align out. They outnumbered us by a bit at this point, and they primaried my immediately since I'd outed myself as the FC. I made it out at 30% structure and Z0X took over. He died shortly after and people just started calling targets until they died. They were able to take out 3 of them, but just about every died. It was a fun fight, so all worth it.

I thanked them for a good fight, and their leader said if we ever wanted to set up fights like that in the future to hit him up. Always nice to have brawl contacts.

Atron +2.43m
Atron -5.93m
Atron -6.41m
Atron +3.53m
Atron -8.05m
Atron +6.39m
Atron -5.25m
Atron -5.25m
Atron -4.4m

A member of that fleet got killed by someone else later, and I'm too lazy to redo my stats. So here it is.

Atron +1.23m

We headed to Ichoriya to reship, and the fleet voted to continue on our previously-planned route to Kinakka instead of heading straight back to Stacmon. We were down to 6 Atrons and a Griffin, so there wasn't a whole lot we could engage, but... YOLO, ya know? We didn't really find anything, unfortunately.

Griffin at a medium, nothing particularly exciting.

Griffin +0.41m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 232,539,210.81
ISK Lost: 42,759,223.56
ISK Delta: 189,779,987.25
Efficiency: 84.468%

Review

This was a fun, laid-back fleet. There were a lot of people here that I've never run with before and a new guy, so it was nice to meet some new people. The Atron brawl was fun, though I wish I hadn't run away from it in the first place. We would have done a little better if we weren't down two people.

We definitely did better than I thought we would, with the numbers issues regarding the doctrine.

Items to Improve
- still need to be more clear about calls: sliding gates, holding/applying DPS, etc.
- I really, really need to work on my newbro speech. I might need to write out a script for myself.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Gunman Aldent
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Derpatrons 24SEPT

Post by Gunman Aldent »

Well done Kontxesi. Plenty of action and shotgun approach worked well.
Etchard Yarghol
Title: Sophomore

Post by Etchard Yarghol »

Enjoyed the short time I was in fleet before irl pulled me away super early. Shotgunning the plex's was definitely a different experience, although at times it was really hard to tell where people where going just by the size call outs when there where 2-3 of the same size and no one called distance or otherwise had a to distinguish.

I did end up confirming later on that first algos was in fact a newbro, just had sold some plex to get started playing without worrying about isk. We chatted for a bit, and he said he'll be applying to join. Better to be on the end dishing it out! He seemed excited to learn more and was just shocked that we had come in so fast and hard he had no idea how to react.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image
Harai Rex
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

Post by Harai Rex »

Really enjoyed my first fleet + PvP experience! Was definitely a bit nervous and unsure what to do at first, but after a few fights quickly felt I had the hang of things. The derpatron + shotgun fleet combo meant that both fighting and scouting were super simple and easy to learn. FC did an all around good job and was generally very clear with fleet commands. Great time all around!