[WHC] Well escalated

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

[WHC] Well escalated

Post by Troven Smalvard »

SO i'm not really logging on as 1) time and 2) i'm on second rate set up while away
but since its just after down time thought i'll see what people are up too and be social

5-6 people in fleet
Folks are rolling Bacon as its boring just as a new sig pops up in innu, i'll scan it down while i'm waiting on the new bacon.

pop my head in the new C4, ooo Gnosis on D
troven on Mumble " hey can a gnosis run C4s?"
Troven on mumble "Gnosis tackled - come bring me some dps"
he had warped to the exit hole right 7km off me

someone grabs a sac an on route, call to stay on our side as he will likely jump through he red boxes and gets 9km off the hole, think that should be enough to burn him, jump and engage. hes active shield fit and tanking ok

Then a prophecy appears on d , someone tackle the proph lets burn the gnosis first.

... Damnation and tengu on D in bound, gnosis jumps.

Hold lets takle here and not get polarised fisrt, spread points. " shout on mumble any one who didnt come for gnosis come for the friends now"
we actually spread tackle well :D :D

we have everything in brawl range tackled ping goes out

Obligatory: Troven-scramble-spellengz-ping .img

:rainbowhuh:

as everything else has huge buffer at best i call tengu to test and he solo tanks enough to hold

we still are committed and (I ) fell ok about this: we have a geddon, taklengu, couple of sacs and a nemisisisis feels balanced and fun so far

then they bring 2 guardians and another prophecy and sabre

biwako rightly calls neuts on 1 of their G's and target the other,
we get some split dps here we always need to work on this
once were all on one hes tanking fine

they all start to jump to innu but we manage to fianlly burn down a proph for the loss of a sac, unfortunately the sbare gets through in time to pod our pilot so we are a man down mean while the proph pilot reships :/

now with logi vs none it would just be a grinder so there is a call for logi to balance our side but no body new loggging on at this point so we only get one, and as Tylenos "single guard = dead guard"

my polarisation timers are about 2 mins off the rest of fleet as i was initial tackle and i'm getting hit hard and bleeding armour and have to crash back, sabre wants to try and stop me leaving but i'm RLML fit and nullified so he wises he didnt as he dies and proh guy is back in a sac

we lose am ANI on our home hole and people start bouncing to regroup.

when we do we have 2 logi and 2 dps and a BS in their hole cloaked at a safe not enough to take theor final comp which also now has a start and a new sabre

so GF's and they head home

https://zkillboard.com/related/31000382/201709211400/
https://zkillboard.com/related/31001409/201709211400/

we lose the isk war but fun fight.

Good
QRF response from initial single target to multiple
SPREADING SECONDARY TACKLE :) :) nothing warped of in structure their side, they all had to crash !!! so proud :OHMAHGAWD!:

Bad
we got a little strung out on positioning ( its why we lost our sac :( ) but this was most likely a consequence of holding scrams
we possibly stuck in the fight too long when they brought more, but i was relying on the usual WHC responce to a ping, forgetting that its not my usual EU primetime time.

Summary
I never felt we were out gunned or piloted, the logi broke the balance
They dint blob us they matched one small step ahead to keep us interested - i was impressed with trickle restraint afterwards

also on reflection the prognosis was good bait from them, they obviously had opened the connection and had eyes on our incoming to prep
ImageImage ImageImage
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Re: [WHC] Well escalated

Post by Biwako Acami »

I was helping roll the Bacon connection in Domis when Troven tackled the gnosis. I jumped back and responded in Coercer to match what we caught (Gnosis) and the number of pilots we had. By the time I arrived on grid they had already escalated with Prophecy and Damnation. Once I got reduced to structure I left grid to reship.

I switched to Kelon's self-rep Armageddon fit because we still didn't have logi and we still had all active pilots on grid. A Tengu had already joined. As we broke the Prophecy logi started warping in. I called to focus on one logi while I was neuting the other to try and break the reps. There was some split DPS, I think this was my fault on how I communicated my targets. This was also when the enemy ships focused their ECM drones on my ship and forced me back into innuendo. I managed to cycle MJD to escape the sabre waiting on the other side.

I decided to reship into the Dual Dominix setup to provide some support but by the time I landed we didn't have enough on grid and I had to split. They tackled one Dominix so I had to jump it through and cloak up at a safe till they left.

They baited us with the Gnosis (I/we should know by now that it is a really good bait ship.) I tried to match what they brought considering what we had but they trickled in just enough to make whatever I brought inadequate when they escalated. It was a good learning experience on how to escalate.
Just a humble scout
Yuri Titov

Post by Yuri Titov »

Biwako Acami wrote:They baited us with the Gnosis
Really? Again? No words...
ImageImage
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Never not take the bait Yuri, never not take the bait

Unless you don't want a fight? :p

And because of it we ended up getting another 1.6 bil ish later because we were so obliging at jumping on things sitting 40km off our hole :D

https://zkillboard.com/kill/64809155/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/64809019/

Plus an annoying command desi that I can't find

Ps if anyone knows how to get battle reports on mobile let me know ?
ImageImage ImageImage
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Post by Tylenos Targas »

Never not take bait.

Don't think you can get reports on mobile.

CD https://zkillboard.com/kill/64809060/
BR https://zkillboard.com/related/31001409/201709211800/

To bad I was at work/school for these fights.