[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.19

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.19

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.09.12):
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Adree Jericho
Arashi Shizukana
Argonis Loken
Beavis Alland – Skirmish Scout
Beth Knell
Calder Ormand
Dj UNOHOO
Garm Zandor
Garrett Achasse
Gerrath Sabrinn
Imad Gratia
Kernull
Kontxesi Buchanan – 2IC
Kristopher Evans
Lucas Rivera
Omnicious Shardani
Phaethonx Brutor – Vanguard
Prieblanda Anstianski
Raijin Naom
Redpoint Lu'Varro
Reise Amatin
Richard Starwalker – Skirmish Scout
Rohan Amadeus
Saanguinee
Senshi Shizukana
Space Warfare Development
Staberinde – Vanguard
Taqukaq Agayar
Tom Endares
Trevor Grambling
Tyler Arnoux – Vanguard
Vors Voorhorian
Will Musana – 3IC
Wokum
Wong-Wei
Zivoca Prometheus

OBSERVATIONS
HUGE fleet for a Monday night! Great to see everyone coming out to get some kills and have a great time. Things were very quiet through the pipe in Placid, but Black Rise never fails to provide content. We had a run-in with a small cruiser gang in Vli/Oic/Eha, and they turned out to be more of a problem than they were worth. Nothing substantial showed itself until we got to Nenn, where we found a [CALSF] Raven (flashy) and a Drake on the gate into Aki. the Raven initiated the fight, taking gate guns. He brought friends, but we were going to get that Raven. And we did, which basically made up for the losses. LOVE frigate gangs - the drone blob was beautiful! Once the Raven's shield tank went we went to switch to a Cormorant or Vexor that had joined in, but they warped/pulled range as the Raven was going down. We took our cue and left the gate, making the assumption that they were reshipping/calling in reinforcements. A slicer kept dogging us, trying to play gate games, and a few members of the fleet managed to catch him, which I didn't think was possible. Time to go!

(03:11:46) Nennamaila
Dramiel -63.14m
Griffin -0.66m
Merlin -9.12m
Tristan -5.98m
Tristan -4.81m
Tristan -1.7m
Raven +230.62m
Crucifier -1.93m
Maulus -7.97m
Slasher -4.36m
Capsule -0.01m
Rifter -26.01m
Imperial Navy Slicer +29.6m

In Pyn we found some content in a plex, with a Griffin/Algos/Atron capturing the plex (I'm assuming), and netted ourselves the Atron and Algos.

(03:37:01) Pynekastoh
Maulus -2.78m
Algos +13.04m
Atron +12.84m

Found a Garmur in a small fighting two Merlins in Rei. The Merlins warped off leaving the Garmur kill all to us.

(03:48:29) Reitsato
Garmur +73.81m

We were getting stupid at this point, fleet going on 2.5 hrs, and someone (saanguinee?) noticed a Venture, which he promptly went and ganked.

(03:58:40) Kedama
Venture +0.23m

Pyn and Hik on the return trip proved fruitful as well, getting us a Hookbill and an Algos. The rest of the return trip was uneventful, and we ended in Stacmon at around the 3 hour mark.

(04:06:31) Pynekastoh, Hikkoken
Caldari Navy Hookbill +25.78m
Capsule +0.01m
Algos +14.98m
Condor +0.55m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 401,452,545.81
ISK Lost: 128,472,486.82
ISK Delta: 272,980,058.99
Efficiency: 75.756%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
Great fleet, had a great time. We had some issues with pilots not paying attention to FC commands. It was frustrating to be sure, but that's all on me to make sure I maintain tighter control of comms. Richard gave me some great pointers after the fleet and I am going to try to put them into action. I thought my decision making was good, especially with the CALSF fight in Nenn. And a fair bit of that came from knowing ship capabilities and that with 36 pilots we could easily take that fight with the Raven and win. In hindsight, I should have split the fleet in half and had 20 ppl on the Raven and the other 10 on the Vexor when it landed. How to split people up on the spur of the moment would have been almost impossible, so maybe in pre-flight I need to consider arranging people in even squads so I can call squad numbers to target A, target B, etc. Something to think about. Interesting that this comes up, since someone pre-roam asked what squad they should move into, and I said it doesn't matter. Maybe it does!

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Pre-Roam Planning. - Check.
  • Decision Making. - Check.
  • Command Chatter. - Check minus. This needs a LOT of attention I think. Especially with a large fleet, I need to make sure I maintain control and keep everyone moving in the same direction.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?
Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Phaethonx Brutor

Re: [AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.19

Post by Phaethonx Brutor »

Your fleets are always entertaining, and yes, comms were a little hectic this go around, but they did drastically improve in the following fleet. :)
Devourer of the blue donuts. Guardian of the blueberries. Reaper of the new-berries, Counter protostomper, and above all, Official Team Mascot of D.A.R.K L.E.G.I.O.N, maker of laughs and good times. Become a citizen bro. 80+mil sp multi role death machine. Top 400 overall player rank. https://zkillboard.com/character/2101971234/trophies/ Most memorable match, K/D 73/1, in a gallante combat logi (150 clone count on opposing team), supported by no one but the high ground and his rail rifle. Trollalalala, bet you won't try that again. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome, or Whelp.