[AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Magic Merlins 17SEPT2017 0100

Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Magic Merlins 17SEPT2017 0100

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Date: 17 SEPT 2017
Form-up time: 01:00
Departure time: 01:35
Return time: 04:25
Duration: 2h50m

If you participated in this fleet and have not yet done so, please be sure to fill out the Fleet Feedback Form. Your comments and feedback are necessary for my improvement as an FC.

Roam members (25)
Arashi Shizukana (vanguard) (2IC)
Budda Sereda
Coaxster (vanguard)
Garm Zandor
Hopatkong
Kelon Darklight
Kembri Usoko
Kernull
Kontxesi Buchanan (FC)
Marn Vermuldir
Oskar Dallocort (primary scout)
Reise Amatin (vanguard)
Rheaha Preynar (3IC)
Richard Starwalker
Rider Isleman
Saanguinee
Space Warfare Development
Tlymphocyte
Tomoee Gozen
Trillian Arnolles (first fleet!)
Tymeless Tormentyr
Vors Voorhorian
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye (secondary scout)
Zivoca Prometheus

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

Oskar found an Atron in Vey and a flashy Slasher jumped threw us into the system. We jumped in after it, but he warped off. Oskar then slid after the Atron, but then got down to 3% hull and had to bail before we got there. Atron lived to fight another day.

Our first kill of the night was just a naked Navitas in a novice.

Navitas +0.27m

We had our scouts and vanguard jumping around and cross jumping trying to lock down a grasshopper. It was all very entertaining, but the didn't catch it. A flashy ONI jumped through us into them, but I didn't have the fleet follow it so as to not disturb the hunting. In retrospect, that was a mistake.

When we were finally leaving, we hit the ONI, an Orthrus, and two Stilettos on a gate. I called for the fleet to bounce. This was apparently not the call that a few people were expecting or wanting, but I don't generally try to mess with things like Stilettos in brawly frigates. I would really like to hear the opinions of the more experienced pilots who thought we should engage and how they thought that would go down. (I think it was Coaxster and Saanguinee.)

Tried to catch a flashy Bifrost, but he didn't jump when we thought he did and ended up on the wrong side of the gate.

Scouts found a Hookbill in a large and a Venture in a medium, but we weren't able to snag either of them. Arashi tried to bounce off of a station and and on the Hookbill, but he was super long range and we couldn't make it work.

In Kinakka, things got interesting. The scouts found a BNI tried to grab it, but he docked up before they could get to it. Arashi tracked a VNI to a medium, but it warped off right before he could point it. But then a Taranis showed up outside and followed us in. He got every point and web that was ever made.

The VNI came back with an ONI and a Malediction and some other friends, but they hung out outside. We bounced and came back but landed pretty far off. Two Exequrors followed us and landed on the gate. Once we'd burned back there, we first went after the Exeqs and then tried to take down a VNI. Meanwhile, our people were dropping like flies. I finally went down, and our 2IC was already down and off-grid so I called for the fleet to scatter as I warped away.

So the only kills of these that are officially ours are the first two Exequrors. However, a few minutes after we scattered, someone else came in and cleaned up some of the people we'd done damage on.

Taranis +39.03m
Condor -9.89m
Kitsune -30.44m
Griffin -5.78m
Exequror +20.3m
Daredevil -129.05m
Federation Navy Comet -24.66m
Crucifier -2.94m
Merlin -3.72m
Exequror +23.1m
Merlin -12.2m
Ares -33.3m
Merlin -3.25m
Merlin -7.99m
Merlin -6.89m
Merlin -5.86m
Atron -12.53m
Reaper -56.1m
Capsule -0.01m
Caracal +33.17m
Exequror +18.03m
Vexor Navy Issue +82.3m
Ashimmu +170.06m

Richard and Kelon found a Ferox while I was AFK for a bio.

Ferox +83.41m

Oskar reshipped into a Malediction, and found a fleet outside of a novice: Merlin, Hawk, Executioner, and two Condors. We didn't get to him quite fast enough and he tried to warp off, but died right as the fleet landed. The Merlin was the only thing within 40 km of the gate, so we locked him down and took him out. We then tried to chase down the Condor, but he was a decent pilot and kept flying in circles just out of range. They picked off a few of our guys and then we disengaged.

Malediction -52.16m
Capsule -76.69m
Merlin +3.42m
Griffin -2.02m
Merlin -7.41m
Capsule +0.01m

We'd slid into the novice and held there for a moment, trying to get the fleet reorganized. As we were getting ready to leave, a Hookbill, Dramiel, Excecutioner, Condor, and Slicer slid into us. We started to fight, but everything got way out of range really fast. In watching the recording, I saw that the Condor was down below half hull. Bummer we didn't stick around to kill that.

Merlin -10.31m
Merlin -5.49m

We followed a flashy Tormentor into Nennamalia and thought we had him, but he burned back to the gate and jumped through with about 70% hull. The the Slicer, Dramiel, and Condor came through and we ran away again. They followed us, and then we chased the Slicer into Hikkoken but then lost him. Budda ended up getting taken down by the Dramiel.

Merlin -5.96m

While we were in Hikkoken trying to regroup, Kelon found several Succubi fighting the Slicer/Dramiel group we'd engaged. There will still only seven of us together, but we decided to go check it out. Everything was over 100km off when we landed at the novice. We tried burning to them for a bit, but everything was just way too fast and too far out. I finally got within range of two of the Succubi, but the rest of the fleet was quite behind me. I don't think I could have been faster than everyone, so I don't know if they started burning when I did. I went down, and no one stepped up to take over. I ended up having to call scatter while off-grid in my pod. We lost a lot in that fight.

Ibis -0.03m
Vigil Fleet Issue -27.77m
Merlin -7.39m
Merlin -9.13m
Capsule -0.94m
Merlin -7.58m
Merlin -5.17m
Griffin -4.65m
Punisher -7.69m

I think this is the Tormentor that we had engaged earlier that someone else mopped up.

Tormentor +11.94m

Kelon stuck around to work on the Succubi and ended up taking two of them out. We were avenged!

Gnosis -100.98m
Capsule -0.01m
Coercer -14.87m
Succubus +629.38m
Succubus +604.72m
Coercer -15.22m
Capsule -0.01m

At this point, Rheaha stepped in to get the fleet put back together and back to Stacmon. I will let him fill in the last bit of the fleet.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,719,161,837.89
ISK Lost: 707,168,142.8
ISK Delta: 1,011,993,695.09
Efficiency: 70.854%

Review

While I am capable of participating in a fleet while drinking, last night made it clear that FCing in that state does not work well for me. I think we all had fun, but my command ability was trash. I hit a wall about 2 hours in and had to let the... like 4IC take over the fleet and get us home.

I was undoubtedly more indecisive than usual. There are several points when the scouts giving me information and needing a response, and I didn't say anything. I'm not sure if I didn't hear them or just had too much information to process. But that dead air was no bueno, and I apologize for that.

I'll add a bit more here, but I've got another fleet going out in less than an hour.

Items to Improve

- I need to work on responding to people who are giving me information instead of processing it silently for several seconds.
- Gotta learn what we can fight.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Lowsec Fisticuffs - Magic Merlins 17SEPT2017 0100

Post by Budda Sereda »

I'll share few thoughts once I get back to normal computer, but now I'm curios to hear from Melon how did he manage to kill 2 succubuses total worth 1.2B in a 15-20 M worth coercer...? If that's a hard counter why did they engage at all?
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Hi Kontxesi, I wanted to comment on a situation when after one of engagement you've lost your ship.

TBH, I don't recall exact details, but if I remember correctly, you called "somebody please take a fleet", nobody replied, you repeated it again. I was in a pod, but saw nothing wrong by taking control on fleet reshipping and took it "Budda will. Everybody, please warp to Budda".

What did happen is that at that moment there were pretty much no pilots in a system, and I told in Comms: "Kotxesi, there are no people in local, I'm going to reship in Ichoriya myself". A bit later I learned that my message in comms most likely was lost, pilots fleet was spread out and it was not clear what was going on.

I probably should make sure you got my message, but overall we should do better when FC loses his ship. Things I see could be better:

1. Call clearly "2IC you are in command". I do remember you had one assigned, but for some reason, you did not call it.
2. Even if FC is podded he still can stay in the system and get the fleet together after engagement: we will anyway need few minutes to chill before going to reship.
3. Even if you assigned a 2IC, but comms are quiet you do need to keep fleet engaged. Silence is a thing that 2IC is not really ruling the fleet and you better figure out why, and maybe assign another 2IC to get the fleet together.

Hope this makes sense.
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

2IC was also down, otherwise I would have turned it over to him and avoided all of the confusion.

As for giving commands while in a pod, I have done that before and know that it's better than the fleet stumbling around without a head. Alas, I was drinking and not calling things the best during this fleet.
Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Reise Amatin »

Just a head's up Xesi, I think you have the wrong pilot list. I wasn't in the fleet Sunday, only Saturday.

Reise

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Kontxesi Buchanan

This is the Saturd night fleet. The 2300 Hyperkitten one is Sunday night. :)