[FLEET] Armor AssFrigs - Ravens, bearers of good news

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] Armor AssFrigs - Ravens, bearers of good news

Post by Kora K »

o/

==
Recording of the fight from Captain / HCOOK POV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdC6nWMpXfY
==

So, we decided to took an armor AssFrig fleet out last Tuesday. I'm a big fan of this doctrine for LowSec : it's fast, it punches well and you can have a ton of fun with these little buggers. I was expecting more people in Punishers and T1 frigs, but in the end we had a nice comp :

- 4 Deacons : Urban Oxide, Laser Skaron, Zana Fehrnah, Bill Achasse
- 1 Keres and 1 Maulus : Troven and Tyler
- 1 Hyena : Jax
- 1 Cruor : Zersee
- 2 scouts : Luca and Gatt
- The rest in mostly T2 frigs, with 3-4 punishers (18 in total)
Spoiler
Roam members (26) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Bill Achasse
Biwako Acami
Breeze One
DOOMLORE
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
DonBasuno Ichosira
Gatt2111
Jax Renalard
Kora K
Laser Skaron
Luca Goh
Martin Vanzyl
Raijin Naom
Rebulah Conundrum
Rider Isleman
Rikali Laru
Trillian Ituin
Troven Smalvard
Tyler Arnoux
Union Pivo
Urban Oxide
Wokum
Zana Fehrnah
Zeerse Solaris
ashahara
I should have called for 1-2 more logis and a CD, but a lot of people joined at the end of the form-up. So I did not adjust to the new numbers, which was a mistake. The form-up was also short, 10 mn for the speech, and undocked at 1815 \o/ My goal was to move fast, and only stop for juicy targets or fleet fights. I also warned HCOOK, in the afternoon, that we would be around BR during the evening, but I couldn't promise something until I had the numbers.

Anyway, we started burning towards BR, via the Loes pipe. It was pretty boring until we hit Mel, with ur scouts in Mur. They informed me about a small gang, with a Hurricane and BNI, ready to jump into us. The Hurricane uncloaked first, and we managed to hard tackle him. I was a bit too much focused on him, which allowed the BNI to escape after uncloaking. Anyway, we burned the Hurricane down pretty fast, and went to a citadel to repair. We lost Luca due to gate guns tho, such is the life of a scout in LS :D

I got the intel that a Ferox, piloted by Raido, was at a large (or Raido announced it in local), so we warped to it and gave him the same treatment as the Hurricane : a good old Uni blob :) After Raido died, a Caracal and a Falcon decided it was a good idea to warp to us. We also dealt with them easily, losing only a Punisher in the process.

(18:26:05) Murethand
Malediction -54.99m
Punisher -9.79m
Hurricane +80.04m
Ferox +87.46m
Caracal +26.31m
Capsule +0.01m
Falcon +266.58m
Capsule +35.74m

After stopping for repair again, we did a little tour of BR (Oinasaiken -> Tama -> Okkamon -> Akidagi), catching a Moa in Tama and a Catalyst on the way. They should have been left alone, but since we moved even faster than I planned, I allowed their death by the Uni blob :) Luca also tackled an Hecate, but for some reason I don't remember we did not chased him. However, it died anyway to another gang.

(18:49:13) Tama
Moa +88.12m
Capsule +0.01m

(19:03:25) Pynekastoh, Nennamaila
Catalyst +7.21m
Hecate +97.05m

At that point, we stopped in Akidagi for a 5mn biobreak. I was also informed by Captain Cean that HCOOK had a fleet for us, waiting in Kehjari. We regrouped, and burned directly to the fight, all hungry for kills and a good whelp on our side. We crossed a Snuff Ravens fleet on the way, but I ignored them.

In Kehjari, I warped the fleet to a Large at 0, waiting for HCOOK. I was expecting a mirror matchup from us, but with 1-2 more logis and a pontifex. I was pretty on point, since they had at least 2 more deacons, and 2 pontifexes. I knew it would be a uphill battle even before they arrived, and it was confirmed now. But, I'm a simple man, and I love explosions whatever the side, so it was BATTLE TIME \o/

Recording of the fight from Captain / HCOOK POV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdC6nWMpXfY

They warped to us at 60-70km, and for the first 2mn I just slowboated to them to evaluate the situation. We needed to break the logis, like we did like time with the Cruiser fight. However, they had 2 punishers with them, so I went for them first to test DPS and hoping to "throw them off". The 2 Punishers managed to catch reps, so I primaried one of their logis, who also caught reps in time. I was starting to feel uneasy, especially since we already had lost our Cruor, 2 punishers and 2 Enyos.

I was thinking about switching to another logi, when a bunch of BS landed on grid. It was the Snuff Ravens we saw earlier, and who probably followed us. They were a shining beacon of hope for us, like Gandalf in the Two Towers, since we were close to be in a dire situation. The only difference is, we decided to side with the Orcs (HCOOK) and beat the crap out of Gandalf (The Ravens). I'm not good at metaphore, so deal with it :)
We agreed with Captain to go after the Ravens and started unlocking all the things and burning to them.

The Snuff gang was composed of :
- 11 Ravens, shield AND armor tanked. I honestly need someone to explain to me if it's stupid move or not, since I'm not familiar with BS in general. But imo, it seems a stupid decision to have both buffers.
- Beside the dual tank, they had : 1 Armor logi Raven, 1 shield logi Raven, 1 Neut Raven, 1 SB + ECM burst raven, 6 Rapid HM and 2 Torpedo Ravens
- Most of them had painters for application

We pretty much whelped the Raven gang, downing them 1 by 1 while trying to coordinate with HCOOK. I was pretty bad on that point, and I should have followed HCOOK primaries. This part of the fight was pretty easy, we just had to load high DPS ammos, approach, and broadcast for reps when needed. We lost 3 ships against them, all at the begining :
- A Maulus, from their support Dramiel
- A Deacon
- An inquisitor

(19:34:08) Kehjari
First part of the fight :
Cruor -63.57m
Enyo -36.39m
Punisher -9.34m
Enyo -37.79m
Punisher -4.17m

Raven mayhem :
Maulus -1.99m
Deacon -70.2m
Inquisitor -21.24m
Raven +241.97m
Raven +224.26m
Raven +297.38m
Raven +263.16m
Raven +244.21m
Raven +232.56m
Raven +250.91m
Raven +280.37m
Raven +239.63m

We immediately warped off after the fight, and docked at the station in system. There was a trasher outside, who got hazed by some people and 1 Raven who managed to escaped. The Raven then lit a cyno, but I ignored him at first. After repairing and taking a break, the Raven was still outside the station, with his cyno up. I though it was an obvious bait, so we went to kill him to see what was on the other side of the cyno. Turns out, it was nothing and we bagged another Raven :

(19:51:34) Kehjari
Thrasher +8.71m
Raven +231.19m
Capsule +0.01m

After regrouping again, we prettu much free burned to Uphallant. Since we were on the way back, I told scouts to look for any target in space in case we could have 1-2 more kills. The scouts did well, and we got ourselves a Harpy and Thorax :

(20:14:14) Agoze
Harpy +52.5m

(20:19:19) Uphallant
Malediction -40.18m
Thorax +12.2m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 3,565,874,508.57
ISK Lost: 349,644,671.03
ISK Delta: 3,216,229,837.54
Efficiency: 91.07%

Thoughs :
- It was fun, thanks again everyone for joining :) If you have any remarks, questions, or stuffs to add to the AAR, don't hesitate to post it here.
- Overall, the fleet went pretty well,regarding the pace and quick form-up. I have the attention span of a 5 yo who found his mom's stash of drugs, so I like when we burn fast to find interesting fights.
- Good discipline overall during the HCOOK/Snuff fight, even with the "switching from HCOOK to Snuff" part. Primaries were followed, and people seemed in range, including logis, pretty much all the time.
- I should have followed HCOOK primaries, against the Ravens, which was a big mistake. I was counting on us being agile and small and didn't think we would lose 3 ships against them.
- When more people joined during / at the end of the form-up, I should have called for 1-2 additional logis and 1 CD.
- We lost the Cruor and the first Enyos right of the bat, and I saw no reps on them. The Cruor should have been prelocked by logis.
- For the other 3 we lost against HCOOK, reps seemed weak. Was is because of late broadcasts ? Or something else ?
- I though we would be safe against the Ravens, between our speed and signature. We still lost 2 logis, and I'm not sure why. Again any insight would be nice, so I can be a better FC next time.
- I'll spell check later, sorry for the botched writing.
Luca Goh

Re: [FLEET] Armor AssFrigs - Ravens, bearers of good news

Post by Luca Goh »

Thanks for the great fleet Kora! I had a lot of fun scouting/tackling a relative variety of engagements, and I've never experienced a fleet fight before. It was an interesting experience skirting the edge of the blob and tackling/pecking with missiles as the FC called and piloting myself out of danger when it occasionally arose. Thanks to Holy Cookie too for both being up to giving us a #goodfight in the first place and then teaming up with us to take down those juicy Ravens.
Kora K wrote:We lost Luca due to gate guns tho, such is the life of a scout in LS :D
One of my two losses to gate guns and they both stung. Here I don't think there was much I could have done as the Hurricane landed quickly, you made the call quickly, and I had to react fast (thus no time to align out before applying tackle). As was discussed a bit after the Thorax engagement at fleet's end, there I should have finished aligning out first and/or let you apply tackle first given you were also on grid and way tankier. Live and learn. At least I didn't miss too much of the fun reshipping.
Kora K wrote:Luca also tackled an Hecate, but for some reason I don't remember we did not chased him. However, it died anyway to another gang.
The Hecate was fighting at least one of those two Garmurs on the killmail in a Medium about 70-80 km off the beacon when I went in. I believe there were 1-2 other ships in there too engaging the Hecate. I was able to burn out and apply tackle but was taking heavy damage from the Hecate since it was rail fit and had to warp off. It was not an ideal engagement for our fleet and when it became clear I was going to have to get off grid quickly we broke off engagement.

As a side note, that Hecate pilot talked smack in local, which made me feel good during Budda's AF fleet a few days later when he landed on me at a gate in a Cormorant and I got under his guns and nuked him. Revenge!
Kora K wrote:I have the attention span of a 5 yo who found his mom's stash of drugs, so I like when we burn fast to find interesting fights.
Makes for a fun fleet. Keep up the ADD!
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Those Raven really look weird.

@Kora: was there any less tankie target than punisher? How many deacons did they have so you could not break punisher?
Kora K

Post by Kora K »

Luca wrote:One of my two losses to gate guns and they both stung. Here I don't think there was much I could have done as the Hurricane landed quickly, you made the call quickly, and I had to react fast (thus no time to align out before applying tackle). As was discussed a bit after the Thorax engagement at fleet's end, there I should have finished aligning out first and/or let you apply tackle first given you were also on grid and way tankier. Live and learn. At least I didn't miss too much of the fun reshipping.
When I'm scouting and the fleet is with me on a gate, I usually let someone grab first tackle. Most of the time I try to align immediately and grab first tackle, or ask logis to lock me and start repping. The right course of action will be clearer with more experience I guess :)
Budda wrote:was there any less tankie target than punisher? How many deacons did they have so you could not break punisher?
They had at least 6 Deacons, plus the 2 pontifexes with probably different scripts loaded. In a sea of T2 frigs, the punishers were the easiest targets to take down. I also was a bit ahead of the fleet, so I wanted to make sure everyone was here before going for the Deacons or DPS.

It was probably not the best course of action, but that was my instinct on the spot.
Captain Cean

Post by Captain Cean »

Kora K wrote:
They had at least 6 Deacons, plus the 2 pontifexes with probably different scripts loaded. In a sea of T2 frigs, the punishers were the easiest targets to take down.
Actualy it was only 5 Deacons
2 Ponti ( i was suprised that you guys didn't had at least one this time)
2 Comets (1 with confirmed shit fit)
5 Punisher
4 Retribution
2 Vengance

And yeah your Logi was also able to Hold (we couldn't break Rikali)
Still good Fight guys o/
Rikali Laru

Post by Rikali Laru »

Captain Cean wrote: And yeah your Logi was also able to Hold (we couldn't break Rikali)
Logi love best love!
Kora K

Post by Kora K »

Captain Cean wrote: Actualy it was only 5 Deacons
2 Ponti ( i was suprised that you guys didn't had at least one this time)
2 Comets (1 with confirmed shit fit)
5 Punisher
4 Retribution
2 Vengance

And yeah your Logi was also able to Hold (we couldn't break Rikali)
Still good Fight guys o/
Thanks for the recording btw, I forgot to answer you. And thanks for the numbers, I was so sure you had 6 deacons. I guess we mostly lost ships at the beginning because people were slow to react, so we maybe were not in too much trouble yet.

It was a fun brawl anyway, thanks again for forming :)