[HSC] QRF Against Gorillas

Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

[HSC] QRF Against Gorillas

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

So we have this new war against Gorilla Style corporation. They are known in Placid region and they are into small gang fleet against weak parties mostly, and combat probing and dropping T3Cs and bigger stuff on others.

I was in comms chilling and mostly into sorting things in my hangar. Rose was mining at belt and he informed us that there are 2 wartargets on VIII-Belt 1. I immediatly respond and asked what they have and what we have to respond. I have no response at first neither about wartarget intel and cavalries. So i decided to warp to a tactical bookmark closeby to belt in question with my newly fit Hyperion and while doing so trying to get intel from Rose but he is not responding. At that point i saw Jackdaw and Bifrost on dscan and warped to Rose blind.

I immediatly warped in on grid with them and actually on top of them. Bifrost and Jackdow immediatly pulled range while i am locking them but Jackdow pilot made a mistake and get himself tackled by me very easily. I got grappler and scram on him so from that point he is not going anywhere. Jacob responded from 7 jumps far and burning towards Amygnon, Rose came with Exequror and then Arbitrator while Adree came with Exequror, Corvus with BLAP Vexor and Malcolm with Algos. We were not very organized so we lost several cruisers to Bifrost very easily. We should have organized much better than this and as the Hyperion pilot on grid I could ask people to gather around at citadel before warping in, instead of calling all DPS and couple logi to me immediatly. That was a mistake since my tank was good and holding so i was not in immediate danger. Although I could not break the Jackdaw and that is why i was calling for DPS. So we lost 2 Exequror, 1 Vexor, 1 Arbitrator and 1 Algos before we break Jackdaw and Biforst left grid.

Goods :

- People were in comms and they responded quickly.
- People brought PvP ready ships
- Comms were not chaotic.

Bads :

- Poor intel flow at the beginning.
- As being on grid Hyperion, tackling the ships, I was bad at assesing the situation. I should have called all to gather at citadel and then warp to me as a group before calling them all immediatly. This led many people warping to belt solo and made them easy targets. Big mistake on my part.
- Some bad fits there :)
(There is also another serious problem that I am not going to address here in public, but on other channels)

Battle Report

Loss: 4 Cruisers, 1 Destroyer (55 million ISK)
Kill : 1 Tech3 Destroyer (110 million ISK)
Efficiency : 66%

Ship Reimbursement

If you lost a BLAP ship please apply to BLAP SRP and if you lost other PvP capable ship apply to HSC SRP

(Shamelessly stolen from LSC :lol: )
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Adree Jericho
Title: Assistant Manager (Teaching), Mistress of Arts, Teacher, Management

Re: [HSC] QRF Against Gorillas

Post by Adree Jericho »

To clarify on the disorganization, our ships started landing on the field one by one. It would've been great to have both logi fly together, but because of the travel time, people filed in as they were able to get into system. Staying everyone, waiting for a suitable force, and then warping them in would've thrown a much more effective wrecking ball at them instead of a series of light snowballs.
Jacob Velora
Title: Assistant Manager (Teaching), HSC Logistics Officer, Senior Personnel Officer, Mentor, Sophomore, Management

Post by Jacob Velora »

It was a good fight in the end although I only joined near the end as I was 7 jumps out when the WTs appeared. Once in system I warped to Ersin in a Tengu and concentrated fire on the jackdaw and ignored the Bifrost as he was out of range and too fast. I immediately noticed the jackdaw had a shield booster and so asked for a neuting-capable ship to join us on grid. In the mean time switching from thermal to EM heavy missiles increased the DPS and broke him.

The HSC Standing Fleet response was good but slow to gather pace but it was great to see 2 newbros helping in BLAP Vexors :)
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy
Title: Mentor, Graduate, Diplomat , Pineapple Pizza enthusiast

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Some well fitted ships there Rose :P

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Trading for 6 years in Eve.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Ersin, may I ask you to share your Hyperion fit? Is that blaster fit? I'm surprised you could not kill that jackdaw. It is clearly small and quick (even with grappler), but tanking a BS ... That's too much.

I guess issue with fits of some lost ships is obvious for many, but I think it worth mentioning:
1. NEVER, NEVER EVER undock for pvp with empty slots, especially with rigs. The only exception is probably high power utility slot.
2. Have 2-3 ships in your home station prepared, fully charged and loaded ready to undock: brawling did, kiting did, logy, ewar. It helps preventing undocking in a poorly fit ships
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Otherwise: good work killing them! If points mentioned by Ersin addressed you guys will force those pirates to respect our home system :)
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Budda Sereda wrote:Ersin, may I ask you to share your Hyperion fit? Is that blaster fit? I'm surprised you could not kill that jackdaw. It is clearly small and quick (even with grappler), but tanking a BS ... That's too much.

I guess issue with fits of some lost ships is obvious for many, but I think it worth mentioning:
1. NEVER, NEVER EVER undock for pvp with empty slots, especially with rigs. The only exception is probably high power utility slot.
2. Have 2-3 ships in your home station prepared, fully charged and loaded ready to undock: brawling did, kiting did, logy, ewar. It helps preventing undocking in a poorly fit ships
Blaster fit PvP Hyperion. I think I fired my guns to Bifrost while he is at range and tried to fend him off while holding Jackdaw and applying him damage with drones. But even he was grappled and scrammed he hold his shield against hammerheads and that is partly due to his active tank. After his tank broke he went down pretty quick and at some point I saw he is staionary and then used my weapons on him as well. It was my first time in that Hyperion so I believe I probably did some mistakes while using it as well :)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage