[AAR] Solitude Vexor Vendetta (Sep 14 01:00)

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude Vexor Vendetta (Sep 14 01:00)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
Alas, this was not a Goldilocks night for us - the only content we found was way too big. We did have a couple of exciting run ins with capitals though!

Roam members:
Spoiler
Arashi Shizukana - DD, 2IC
Dj UNOHOO - Logi
EBane Padecain - DD
Gemma Solett - DD
Ghorram Reaver - DD
Kai-Alon Deninard - DD, 3IC
Kirsid Tannaway - EWAR
Poloe - DD
Sturym - DD
Symeon Sevarasse - DD
Talman Drak - Logi
Tom Endares - DD
Trevor Grambling - Logi FC
Wong-Wei - DD
Yuri Levnik - FC
Z0X Ambrye - 2 Scout, Scout Trainer
Zathras Talan - 1 Scout
We started out by heading up to NSC to pick up one of our Exequror pilots. There had been quite a bit of activity in the area and we were hopeful for a fight. A small 404 fleet was in the pocket and we made haste to try to catch them. Alas, I gambled on them coming through M2- and they went north instead so we missed them. We made our way to the PC9 gate in JH- while our scouts and one vanguard tried to get a Vagabond to engage on station in PC9. The pilot did not want to play, but an Onyx showed up shortly afterwards and seemed a bit more willing. We jumped into PC9 and the Onyx joined us on the gate. I had the fleet lock him/her up and ordered a couple of pilots to open fire to see if we could force him through the gate. He jumped and the rest of us followed and engaged. It was a trap! He put up his bubble and lit a cyno and three Panthers, a Redeemer, a Widow and a Ninazu landed on us. Force Auxiliaries again :x I called for anyone who could to get back through the gate and the rest to try to burn out of the bubble. Surprisingly, we only lost two pilots. We docked up in NSC HQ while the FC and our other downed pilot reshipped, then took a break. The BLOPSers had also docked at PC9 but got bored of waiting for us and took off.

JH-M2W 01:55
Vexor -19.5MN
Vexor -25.7MN

When we undocked, I decided to take us back into the NSC pocket. Project Harvest had moved in during the day and was standing up a Fortizar. We got as far as the edge of ZN0 before they undocked three carriers and we nope nope noped our way back to PC9-AY. From there, we headed back to Solitude. There was almost nobody in space, and none of our usual opponents were available to fight. We patrolled as far as VEV and killed a clone soldier, but lost a brave Griffin scout to the clone.

Vevelonel 02:43
Griffin -1.5MN

It was getting late so we headed back to Yveve and formally disbanded the fleet. A couple of us made our way up to Cadelanne and shot a few more rats before returning home.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0MN
ISK Lost: 46.7MN
ISK Delta: -46.7MN
Efficiency: 0%

What went well:
  • -The fleet flew well, especially when we needed to get away from the cyno. We only lost two pilots, which is not bad considering what got dropped on us.
    -Our fleet composition was good, with a full logi wing and an EWAR pilot.
    -We trained a new scout!
    -There was content in space.
    -We bothered the folks who are bothering the NSC.
    -We finished security status positive.
    -I had fun!
What could have gone better:
  • -Vagabond aside, the content we found was too big for us and we got no kills. Solitude was eerily quiet. I may try a different day of the week next week.
    -We moved a little slower than usual, partly because I was a bit slow on the draw.
    -Getting a cyno dropped on us was educational and exciting but I'd prefer to watch a Youtube video of that happening to someone else...
Thanks again to everyone who came out!
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Sturym

Re: [AAR] Solitude Vexor Vendetta (Sep 14 01:00)

Post by Sturym »

Desipite a 0% efficiency, I feel the knowledge gained was incredibly. I, for one, have never had a Cyno dropped on them. That was awesome. I'm not sure if I want to thank the person who afterwards said "As soon as I saw him stop short on the gate... I had the thought 'I know what he's doing...'". :COUGH:talman:COUGH:. At least he didn't ruin the surprise.

For the first time ever, I used overheat on my afterburner to burn out of the bubble. I was about 1.5KM away from the edge, and roughly 5KM from the gate, so I burned away and warped to station. Considering they got the HUGE drop on us, losing two wasn't too terrible.

Regardless, fun as always, and glad I got to join... even if my kiddo needed my attention and I had to drop out a little early. Thanks again, Yuri!
Wong-Wei

Post by Wong-Wei »

It was a blast flying with you lot, thanks and I hope to see you in Syndicate again sometime! o7

All the Vexors, felt like this
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Glad y'all had fun! I am also sad about no kills, but we definitely found content. I changed the day of week next week to see if traffic is a little different...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher