[AAR] Solitude Impromptu C3 Shattered Wormhole Dive

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude Impromptu C3 Shattered Wormhole Dive

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
Andrew Nightshade found a C3 shattered wormhole right by home in [REDACTED] so we formed a QRF to clear the belts and run a few combat sites for good measure. We had a couple folks log on and a few more who were around. We shipped into Dive-A-Buff, ending up with a solid fleet. We took ~220MN in blue loot and salvage and ~150MN in ice over about two hours.

Divers
Spoiler
Amira Evolta - Ice Miner
Andrew Nightshade - Ice Miner
Calder Ormand - Logi
Dgdsgy Foobar - DD
Elihugh Beecher - Logi, Logi FC
Exorcist Wraith - Salvager
Keuthein - DD
Sturym - DD
Talman Drak - DD, 2IC, spreadsheet maestro
Yuri Levnik - DD, FC
[REDACTED] - Mining Boosts
We jumped the hole and cleared the ice belt and two ore belts. We then ran the two combat sites in system. The system wasn't fully scanned, so we launched probes and tracked down two Digital Nexuses (C4 data sites). I was a little nervous about heading in, but we went in and cleared them anyway with excellent repairs from the logi wing. One of the data sites had a talocan which Talman hacked for an extra ~44MN in data loot.

Meanwhile, our miners were gobbling up ice as fast as they could. With our guns to (kind of) protect them, they rushed an impressive pile of ice out over the course of the op. Mining is a mystery to me, so I'll defer to Andrew to add more bits of frosty wisdom.

After about two hours, we had cleared everything that we could fight except a pair of gas sites. The hole also was closing on us *and* couple of new containers appeared on DSCAN so we decided to call the op. Overall, good money for the combat wing and an excellent chance for our ice miners to grab up some ice. Good times.

What went well:
  • -Almost everything, really.
    -The combat squad was able to open the ice belts for the miners. We formed up on short notice, got the pilots we needed and cleared sites successfully.
    -The ice miners hauled in a lot of ice.
    -We got a talocan for a nice ~50MN bonus.
    -No surprises in Bob's space. May we be so lucky on Sunday!
What could have gone better:
  • -Uhh... I guess the ISK/hour would have been higher for the combat folks if we had just done the ice belt and skipped the ore belts...
Overall, smashing success. Thanks to everyone who formed up!
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Exorcist Wraith
Title: Solitude Manager, Unsung Hero of Project Solitude 2015, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Solitude Impromptu C3 Shattered Wormhole Dive

Post by Exorcist Wraith »

Thanks Yuri for running this fleet, and to everyone who formed up quickly to get it done.

Exo
Andrew Nightshade
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Solitude Impromptu C3 Shattered Wormhole Dive

Post by Andrew Nightshade »

Sorry I'm taking so long to respond, I've had RL taking up my time recently. I expect to be back on my normal routine soon. Between the two miners we pulled about 190 blocks of Krystallos out. We did it basically byoc style, but with the new spreadsheet in development, it I think it may be possible to go into a completely unified op where everyone pull from the total we get out.

We had 2 miners going at the ice and we used a Porpoise to boost and do the hauling out. Having the BC's cruising around and clearing sites while we mined really enhanced our safety I think. If something had jumped us the BC's could have warped to us and bailed us out. I'm thinking about putting a point on my porpoise to hold down anyone who jumps it, or maybe configuring a procurer or skiff to server in that capacity. If we had that, I'm pretty sure we could mine and serve as bait. An ideal setup would have even more miners and 2 porpoises to haul out in relays. Using the porpoise only for the hauling was a definite plus, the mass limits of the WH never underwent a shrink. We are getting better and better. If we get enough people trained into the roles, we'll be able to go in and vacuum a wormhold empty.

Thanks the eventual goal. :)

--Nightshade
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant