[FLEET] Fleet 101 / NullSec 101 in Caracals

Post by Kora K »

o/

Short and lazy AAR for this roam, the TL;DR is pretty much this :

Yes, I'm a professionnal designer

Anyway, I wanted to take some Caracal in NS for 2 reasons :
- Take out a kiting doctrine, in NS
- Go check the activity in Syndicate and Horde sov

We had around 30 people for this fleet, including an ex-unista (Jax) who joined the "fun" :
Spoiler
Roam members (31) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Adrien Claremont
Altar Kabal
Anthony Fenrir
Athena Firefly
B'aldrick Aivoras
Barbara Blast
Bill Achasse
Calder Ormand
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
DonkeyPunch Udan
Ersin Oghuz
FrankTT2
General Killah
Jax Renalard
Jeracho Dorne
Kernull
Kora K
Kraez Razul
Lexara Ellecon
Oh' Leeador
Rebulah Conundrum
Rider Isleman
Shar Thrityh
Tiberius Auduin
Tika On
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Xana McBash
Yrgrasil
ashahara
Scouts : Union Pivo, Jax, Decklin
Logis : Tika On, Adrien Claremont, Yrgrasil, Kraez Razul
Snowflakes : Bill Achasse (Sabre), Oh' Leeador (Flycatcher) and B'aldrick (Bifrost)

Kills and Losses
Kernull was stuck in Solitude, due to a gatecamp on the way. I decided to go grab him, and look for some content on the way. We could also play with the gatecamp if they were still around. The way was pretty clear, and even when we tried to bait them, the gatecamp people just docked. We did manage to kill a poor venture jumping into us tho \o/
(18:45:14) 97X-CH
Venture +1.57m
Capsule +0.01m

(19:44:23) 0LTQ-C, X-M2LR
Next destination was X-M2. I learned on the way that INIT was evicted from there, and MC took their sandcastles. When our scouts jumped into X-M, there was a lot of people in local, and more were cyno-ed in. Apparently a fight was going to happen, between :
- A Mach fleet
- A flycatcher fleet
- A bunch of inties coming to whore
for a Citadel.
My understanding of Uni rules was that we could 3rd party fights, as long as we shoot everyone. So I warped us at an 100 from the Citadel where the fight was bound to happen, and we sat there for 10mn. We played a bit with a ceptor trying to come close, but that's pretty much it. A caracal was alpha-ed off the field, sorry Xana. Anyway, after waiting a bit, I received the information that the 3rd party party was a no-go, so we moved towards Cloud Ring.
Caracal -15.04m (I don't remember what happened there, sorry)
Caracal -29m
Capsule -18.48m

(19:49:31) XT-R36
2 Orthrurses jumped into us, with 2 Ceptors. We went after the Cruisers, who were pulling range, while trying to haze their ceptors. Unfortunately the contrary happened, and we lost 2 of our scouts. The Orthruses were also too fast for us, so we bailed.
Stiletto -40.3m
Stiletto -36.87m

After that we tried to boosh someone in CR, but he decided to dock and be smug about it. The rest of CR (Decklin did the grand tour) was as dead as Syndicate (beside the bight fight), so we moved towards 7RM. The way was clear, and we arrived in 7RM with everyone ready to fight a QRF.

My strategy was to kill a few ratters / miners to provoke a QRF for a good fight. So we started going after everything we could on D-Scan, and we netted these awesome kills :
(20:16:47) 7RM-N0
Vexor Navy Issue +77.89m
Capsule +0.01m
Talwar +3.21m
Capsule +0.01m
Catalyst +2.85m
Capsule +0.01m

(20:30:02) 7RM-N0
Vexor Navy Issue +79.4m
Capsule +0.01m
Caracal +17.43m
Coercer +4.11m
Capsule +0.01m
Talwar +13.6m

Yeah, content \o/ Anyway, we didn't provoke any reaction from Horde. Most of the FC and the corp deployed the day before to the South, but I was still disapointed by having nothing at all thrown at us. Since the fleet was starting to approach the 3h mark, we set desto to Stacmon and started burning.

After all this excitement, we arrived in X-7, were the FC's will was broken by these 200AU warps back and forth to catch something. After the 100th time asking people to go back to KLY for maybe some content, some confusion on what to do, and some good deserved laughs, we resumed our burning back home. We did manage to kill some stuffs tho :
(20:42:37) X-7OMU, KLY-C0
Sunesis +35.21m
Capsule +0.01m
Talwar +7.09m

We freeburned to Vey, when Decklin saw 3 BNI on D-Scan. He asked if they wanted to fight, and they agreed to go at the Sun. We were hyped, finally something happening \o/ When we jumped into the system, they warped off and went to Osti. We tried to chase them, and B'aldrick managed to boosh one away from a station. Unfortunately we couldn't land on him in time and the BNI escaped.

(21:19:32) Ostingele
Bifrost -101.93m

Thanks everyone for joining, we had enough people to go look for a proper fight. Sorry nothing happened, but I hope you had fun and learned usefull information during the trip :)

o7