[AAR] Solitude Vexor Vanquishers (Sept 7 01:00)

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude Vexor Vanquishers (Sept 7 01:00)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
We saw a lot more than usual in space tonight, very little of which stuck around when we showed up. I turned down a fight that did not favor us and we managed to catch a Caveman who was apparently tired of living. Nobody died(!!!), so our efficiency was technically 100%...

Roam members:
Spoiler
Adree Jericho - Logi, Logi FC
Amira Evolta - Neuts, swapped to tackle
Arashi Shizukana - DD, 3!C
Beth Knell - DD
Dgdsgy Foobar - EWAR (ECM)
Doctor Kling - 1 Scout
Elihugh Beecher - Logi, 2IC
Etchard Yarghol - Logi
Hillybilly Hinken - DD
Junmei Hucel-Ge - DD
Kontxesi Buchanan - Logi
Marn Vermuldir - 3 scout/Sneaky scanner
Sioban Mernher - DD
Sturym - DD
Talman Drak - DD
Tom Endares - EWAR (ECM)
Yuri Levnik - FC
Z0x Ambrye - 2 Scout
We started out by trying to bait a couple of pesky [REDACTED] pilots who have been hassling us in [REDACTED]. [REDACTED] served as bait in a brick tanked [REDACTED] and tried to lure the targets to attack. Unfortunately, they logged off instead and we had to leave empty handed. We'll buzz them again soon...

Moving on, we headed on our usual low sec roam out toward Aridia. Our first couple of jumps were fairly quiet. We found a Malediction and Amira nearly died to gate guns tackling him but escaped. Alas, so did the Malediction. The pilot went on to join his/her buddies at an ALAYS Reloaded gate camp in Elore consisting of Nightmare/Thorax/Rapier/Malediction (and maybe Confessor, though I don't remember seeing it). They were perched off the gate in a hard to reach spot (nearest landing point was 60km off) and the Rapier was cloaked, with the intention of decloaking and webbing us down as we tried to burn in to the rest of the camp. We gave it a long think but I decided to move on, in hopes that they would get mad and chase us so we could fight on better terms. We collected some salt in local and they moved on to null where they whelped in 6-CZ49, losing over a billion in ships (Nightmare Thorax Confessor Malediction).

While we contemplated their cowardice on the Elore gate, a pair of Cavemen showed up in Atron/Maller. I was fairly certain they weren't looking for a fight and jumped the fleet into Anckee, but our rearguard called that the Maller was jumping through. Perplexed, I called for the fleet to orbit the gate, drones out. The Maller decloaked and we locked it up, tackled and blew it to bits. The pilot shot back and got a limited engagement with Arashi, who proceeded to pod him/her. Honestly, I am at a loss as to what the plan was there - maybe just tired of living?

Anckee 02:34
Maller 22.3MN
Capsule 0.01MN

We were all flashy but feared nothing, scouting into the edge of the Solitude high sec island and then out to the Aridia border with a few targets in space. We saw a pair of LSH Lokis, but the pilots in question are apparently PVE pilots who do some kind of WH exploitation out of western Solitude (one of them is Tian Mei, forget the other). We saw our Caveman buddy J4bb3rw0k briefly in an Astero, but he didn't want to fight our entire fleet. We also tried to catch a Porpoise without success. We shotgunned a few belts and then made our way home, trying to grab a covops and a travelceptor on the way back. I dropped off the folks who needed to leave at 03:00 at the high sec border and a few of us went ratting. We found nothing worth shooting in low sec, so we bravely engaged a couple of NPC battleships in Y9G-KS to finish the night.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 22.3MN
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 22.3MN
Efficiency: 100%

What went well:
  • -The fleet flew like pros, keeping up and staying on the correct sides of gates. We engaged like we knew what we were doing and handled gate guns with ease No casualties either. Great flying everyone!
    -Our scouts were on the ball and provided quality intel. Doctor Kling, Z0X, y'all made my life a lot easier - many thanks!
    -We had some visitors from other campuses. Hope y'all had fun! I'd tell you it was an unusually quiet night, but that would be a lie (;
    -Our fleet comp was really nice. We had a heavy tackle pilot, multiple scouts, a strong logi wing and some EWAR.
    -I did a better job of directing EWAR tonight. No losses, and better instructions overall.
    -I really wanted to fight the gate camp, but thought better of it. In hindsight, I think that was a good decision - we might not have killed anything due to their excellent positioning. If they won't fight on somewhat even terms, they can go whelp in null IMO.
    -We set up a good trap for the [REDACTED] in [REDACTED]. I'd love to get those guys.
    -100% efficiency! No losses! That's a new Yuri record (;
    -I had fun!
What could have gone better
  • -Not much content in space. We couldn't even find any clone soldiers!
    -We didn't get the [REDACTED] in [REDACTED]. Soon!
    -I was drafting a fantasy football team at the same time as the fleet and ended up with a really bad roster.
Thanks for coming out everyone!
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Talman Drak
Title: Graduate

Re: [AAR] Solitude Vexor Vanquishers (Sept 7 01:00)

Post by Talman Drak »

glad we didn't take that NM fight, his smart bomb would have made our drones quite sad. and he had a pretty decent repper on him.
                  • Project Solitude: Officer
                    Mentor: March 2015 - May 2016 (Currently Inactive)
Elihugh Beecher

Post by Elihugh Beecher »

Talman Drak wrote:...his smart bomb would have made our drones quite sad.
But not for very long. :-)

Seriously, great fleet. Good decisions made all around. Except for that Maller, that is. Only thing I can think of is they had the bait but forgot to bring the trap. I'll get [REDACTED] in [REDACTED] tonight.
Doctor Kling

Post by Doctor Kling »

Great fleet
Glad I could be useful as a scout
Still fairly new so always like the experience!

After flying interceptors all week everything else feels so slow ;)
Etchard Yarghol
Title: Sophomore

Post by Etchard Yarghol »

Sorry I had to leave just as we started heading out! Next time!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image